Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then again, one could write or call Tesla. Not near as much fun as seeing your name in print and having others argue with you, though.

Many of us communicated with Tesla about our displeasure with the changes, as well as posting on TMC. Point of these boards is to allow for users to interact and share experiences. If Tesla uses these as reference points as well, great. I don't think those of us that have posted concerns here expect this to be the primary way for our voices to be heard.

Well Tesla posts a profit and the V9 post.39 updates essentially come to a standstill. Come on Tesla guys, stop partying and get back to work ;)

We want .42!

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 6.32.28 PM.png

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
WAAS is just a supplemental system; not a measurement of accuracy. The WAAS specification only calls for it to be as accurate as 7.6m. The GPS design and antenna design determine it's accuracy. Tesla stated that AP2.x received a higher level of accuracy GPS unit. High quality design GPS units have been measured to an accuracy of 0.9m. Accurate enough to determine lane position.

Just a note here: it would have been easier just to pull up the product specifications for the GPS units in the Tesla. From what I've seen, the AP1 vehicles use u-blox LEA-6R, while the AP2 use u-blox NEO-M8L. According to the product sheets, operating with SBAS, the LEA-6R performs at 2.0m CEP and NEO-M8L performs at 1.5m CEP.

Just using Google Maps, I measured lane width to be 3.85m, or about 1.9m for one half of the lane (to enable comparison with radius of the error circle). Is this really enough to resolve lanes consistently?

woke up to another available update and went from 2018.40 to 2018.42.2 anyone else? haven't had a chance to get in the car and drive it but from what I've read drive on nav?
No update here... saw the tweet last night, but alas woke up to the ole girl still being on 2018.39, and no notice for a new update . Let us know how the new feature is. Everything I understand points to driver still needing to initiate lame changes with the stalk.

Mine had the update then shows contact Tesla, software update needed so I did a 4 finger reboot and all is good and it finialsed install. Not tried yet but just for others in case they get same message - try a reset if you want