Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does EAP handle the jerk behind you that speeds up and cuts you out of the lane change at the last minute? Has Elon manufactured an autonomous hand that pops out with middle finger appropriately extended?

EAP may not be able to but me and my Tesla sure can! I was trying to merge onto my local interstate with plenty of room except that the guy in the pickup truck deliberately sped up to close the gap so I would be forced to merge behind him. At that point the devil entered me and I just floored it! My MS shot ahead and merged sweetly in the intended spot in front of the pickup! However, the maneuver scared my wife to death..... she wasn't sure if it was me driving or if the car was on AP and doing something crazy. No dear, I was the one doing something crazy, don't blame the car. LOL

Its not a path to FSD. i think you fail to realize what FSD actual is and the guff between not making a mistake for acouple miles versus not making a mistake for 1 million miles..
Full disagree. How would you recommend that a company develop an FSD vehicle instead? I would contend that Tesla is doing exactly what it needs to and that this is on the path to FSD.

Reactions: NateB and rohan_aus
Shame! Hopefully we'll get it in Canada soon.

Can you confirm if the media player remembers it's position when you exit the car and enter it again? I like to have the media player in it's smallest position and every time I exit the car, lock it, and re-enter it, it goes back to the medium size.
Nope! it always starts at medium size. I hate that too. It takes up a lot of space. But not a showstopper... overall I still like v9.0.

Just got my .42 today, was surprised on how soon I got it. V9 took me over a week to get the notice to install, but this time it was only 2 days! Installed and played with it for a bit, works well but didn't get to try any highway to highway switch; highway to local exit is a bit flaky where it slows down to very slow speed on the exit ramp, much slower than what I normally would exit at, slowing down from 70 to 35-40 rapidly; I guess they need to tweak it more for the curves.

Will get to take it on highway to highway exit tomorrow, can't wait.

I upgraded to 42.2 this morning. I drove about 20 miles after the update. Then, I drove about 35 miles on the highway this evening. I didn’t notice anything different with the update. I know it said that Navigation on Autopilot required updated maps. But, I didn’t have the option to use NoA when using AP. I would have thought that I had the updated maps by now.

I upgraded to 42.2 this morning. I drove about 20 miles after the update. Then, I drove about 35 miles on the highway this evening. I didn’t notice anything different with the update. I know it said that Navigation on Autopilot required updated maps. But, I didn’t have the option to use NoA when using AP. I would have thought that I had the updated maps by now.
Did you remember to set a desitnation on the navi?

Installed 42.2 this morning. Used AP during my normal stop and go traffic commute (in HOV lane). Had not yet turned on NoA. All normal except for the first time the car hit the brakes hard when a motorcycle lane splitter went by on right side of car. Did this (sudden braking) more than once with lane splitters. Hoping it was a fluke and will try it again tomorrow morning :(

Did you activate the feature in your Autopilot settings? I was also thinking I didn't have it after 42.2 this morning, but then I remembered it has to be activated in settings. Once activated, *as long as you have a Navigation destination set, and the highway you are on is activated for Nav on AP*, you will see a big bold (blue) "Navigate on Autopilot" option on the Navigation screen.