Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you happen to have a USB drive to confirm that it won't locally record (pretty sure it won't).

And if saved to a Tesla owned cloud, guess that means we're only seeing the footage if a security incident happens (i.e. No compilation videos of non break in events).

Curious to see what the cameras can see vs. 2.5 cameras!

Last edited:
Does Sentry Mode allow to record? Seems it may not on 2.0 like it does on 2.5 since it doesn’t say so in the release notes?

How’s the updated browser working?
I didn't notice any change on the browser. An updated browser is mentioned in the Model 3's version of the 2019.12 release notes but not in the version I got on my S.

As for recording, here are a few images showing that it does record but not to a memory stick as I thought I'd heard it would. The first, BTW is what one sees on the instrument panel after Sentry Mode has been triggered. It goes away when the car is put in Drive. As far as I can tell no message about a trigger was sent to my iPhone app (BTW, there is a new version of the app on the iTunes store).

notice.JPG
sentry mode.JPG
data sharing.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: ironwaffle
I didn't notice any change on the browser. An updated browser is mentioned in the Model 3's version of the 2019.12 release notes but not in the version I got on my S.

As for recording, here are a few images showing that it does record but not to a memory stick as I thought I'd heard it would. The first, BTW is what one sees on the instrument panel after Sentry Mode has been triggered. It goes away when the car is put in Drive. As far as I can tell no message about a trigger was sent to my iPhone app (BTW, there is a new version of the app on the iTunes store).

View attachment 394574 View attachment 394575 View attachment 394576

Thanks for posting those screesnshots! Sure would be nice to get an app notification. Would also be nice if Tesla improves the account page so we can see clips on our tesla account. ..

Yes it is. MCU2. Built in June 2018

I was hoping for the Enhanced Autopilot update, but not yet. Elon said next week and ever since I had my car updated at the service center for a complete software crash I have been getting the updates really quick!

Last edited: