Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
16.2 installed. I feel that in areas where the speed limitation wasn’t right, now it is. Felt like it could read speed limits through camera Subjective assessment. Do you see the same?
Yep. Could be a coincidence, but a 25mph street I have been driving for two years suddenly changed from 30 to the correct 25.

I care less about the cars' ability to change speeds to match dynamic speed limits, like school zones and temporary construction, which I am sure they will eventually get, and more about our fleet of cars' ability to keep the speed limit database constantly updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors
installed 2019.16.2 EU this morning. Animations and dash screen use are neat.
Having the ‘navigate’ button on the right of the screen near the driver is surprisingly good.
Not yet experienced any ‘no! This corner is too tight for a robot’ events. Should get to try a 270 degree motorway slip road tomorrow.
Did enjoy navigation on autopilot (NOA) today. Not had that available before. A couple of wobbles on leaving onto the motorway exit slip road. I took over as the car started to move over on its own, then moved back a bit. The guide line and ‘confirm lane change with indicator’ was OK.
The 5-second limit to indicating for auto lane change didn’t affect me today.
Pretty good update so far.

I am in California and was wondering why I have not gotten the 2019.16.2 version yet. In review of TeslaFI.

25% of Cars on 2019.12.1.1 are in California (412 total)
50% of Cars on 2019.12.1.2 are in California (1046 total)

Maybe in the past it started the rollout in California and not they want to end if California??????

Anyway, today the rollout seems to have slowed a bit.

What internal movement sensors?
I’m supposing they’re ultrasonic sensors. They’re fitted in UK models. They detect motion like a window being broken. Or, more usually, someone you’ve left in the car when the driver goes into a store, the car locks itself and the passenger moves and sets the alarm off. If you turn the climate control to stay on when you’re away from the car then these sensors are not activated.

While sentry mode uses the cameras, I suppose it also uses these sensors to detect window breakage and the like.

I am in California and was wondering why I have not gotten the 2019.16.2 version yet. In review of TeslaFI.

Maybe in the past it started the rollout in California and not they want to end if California??????

Nearly half of all Model 3s sold to date are in California. This ratio is probably close to what you’d expect with a perfectly random distribution. The 12.1.1 cars are mostly AP2 Model S/X, so they’re a little more distributed globally.

I’m also waiting for 16.2. Only Tesla knows why.

That is because they haven't released the feature for the S&X yet. (With any level of AP hardware.)

I got 16.2 last night and tried the lane departure multiple times today at speeds between 30 and 75. It didn't do anything for me :-(

Super disappointed. I really wanted it.

HW 2.0 and FSD here in my 12/2016 build MS. Went through all the displays hoping to find something turned off but nothing new was found. Did hard reboot just in case - still not working. Wondering if you need the 'redundant steering system' for it to work (2.5 HW?)...

Yeah I went back and tested again and it is not there. I get it. Not there for Model S

I'm in the same boat pretty much always. It's kind of a blessing in disguise though, as I hate beta testing broken "features" and bugs.

Yep. Could be a coincidence, but a 25mph street I have been driving for two years suddenly changed from 30 to the correct 25.

I care less about the cars' ability to change speeds to match dynamic speed limits, like school zones and temporary construction, which I am sure they will eventually get, and more about our fleet of cars' ability to keep the speed limit database constantly updated.
Has anyone created a Speed Limit sign to test the visual recognition?