Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 8.1 2018.34.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2018.34.1 about 30 minutes ago. It took 20 minutes to install. My car came with 28.3 at delivery (8/28), and this is my first update. Release notes just say minor improvements and bug fixes. I did not see any changes in the UI. Haven't driven with it yet.

Be sure everything works. Got mine yesterday and after install air conditioning didn’t work. It took about six hours but it eventually came back. I was worried because service said it could be days or weeks before there was a fix.

I’m not exactly sure of the number. It’s whatver one was yesterday. It said bug fixes as you said yours did.
There is no "yesterday update". Tesla rolls out updates in waves. While you may get update X someone else might, at the very same time, get update Y. This is done so that, should an update contain a serious bug, they won't brick the entire fleet.

Reactions: GuyDude
I'm not sure if its due to this firmware, but I've noticed that EAP works smoother.

- Stop and go traffic is a little bit smoother (still too rough if you ask me). Car slows down further before it brakes to full stop
- I was in slow traffic (+/- 20 km/h) and moved to another lane with a car about 6 to 7 cars ahead. Normally the car would accelerate, drive up to the car, and then brake again. This time the car kept going in about 20 km/h and slowly came to a stop behind the car in front of me.

Especially the second point is a very welcome surprise!

- PIN to Drive is a nice feature. Enabled it, and works good. Was a little worried that entering the PIN would be time consuming, but it works very well and fast. Buttons are big enough, etc.

It could be me, but it seems that with 2018.34.2 my biggest irritation has been resolved. I have MCU2, so it could be MCU2 specific but with older versions my audio would often not play after I got back in the car. Sometimes it would play some other channel or some other source, sometimes it would be muted.

This seems resolved. It continues to play where it left off now.

• Informative
Reactions: ebmcs03