Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Available! HW2 car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.52.120 is around 1.1 GB, (see below) and the download does not seem to resume if it becomes disconnected. So if it has not yet completed and you change connections (move the car) or the wifi drops for any reason it has to start all over again

after.PNG

2.52.120 gives you Autopilot in "Shadow Mode", meaning it's monitoring your driving in the background and calculating what it would do, but doesn't actually do it. It's sending the data to Tesla so they can make sure everything looks good before the features actually go live, which is supposed to go live end of this week (as long as everything looks good).

I believe it also does fix the headlights issue.

Yes it does fix the auto headlight issue, yet the auto beam option isn't available.

2.52.120 is around 1.1 GB, (see below) and the download does not seem to resume if it becomes disconnected. So if it has not yet completed and you change connections (move the car) or the wifi drops for any reason it has to start all over again

View attachment 211208
That's a cool stat! is this from your wifi router?

Also what are the ways I can debug if the car is failing to get the update for network reasons? Call support and ask them to look?

That's a cool stat! is this from your wifi router?

Also what are the ways I can debug if the car is failing to get the update for network reasons? Call support and ask them to look?

Kind of from my router, I have a cisco WLC that manages my 12 APs (I am a network nerd). So I get all kinds of real debugging.

As far as debugging the update, calling I would guess is the only option that does not involve rooting the car, which I would not recommend. For my part, I am happy just doing traffic pattern analysis to get an idea of what is going on.

Reactions: chillaban
Kind of from my router, I have a cisco WLC that manages my 12 APs (I am a network nerd). So I get all kinds of real debugging.

As far as debugging the update, calling I would guess is the only option that does not involve rooting the car, which I would not recommend. For my part, I am happy just doing traffic pattern analysis to get an idea of what is going on.

Yes! Another networking nerd :)

I'm running 3 Ruckus AP's at my place and 6 of them at my parents' (and use Cisco Meraki MX appliances to manage the wired segment). Was thinking of setting up a Virtual SmartZone….

I ended up turning off WiFi and going back to LTE and the update came the next night. Maybe there was some issue with my WiFi extender. Don't really know what was preventing the update from completing.
I might turn off WiFi while at work tomorrow, so the car will be on LTE and WiFi for 12 hours each. I wonder if they push updates during the day?

I might turn off WiFi while at work tomorrow, so the car will be on LTE and WiFi for 12 hours each. I wonder if they push updates during the day?
I got the .120 update today. I am always on LTE as I can't connect to WiFi from where I park. Also past few nights I was in a different garage with no coverage at all, so I was surprised to see the car notify me today morning at 9am (an hour after I drove out) that an update was available to install.

I discovered that I had energy savings on and always connected off, I was however able to use the app. Am guessing the app worked because of LTE and since always connected was off WiFi was essentially turned off moment I locked the car.

Keeping fingers crossed that it gets me the update now.