Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Available! HW2 car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.120 is Shadow Mode.
Based on prior posts I thought I would hear an additional fan when running in Shadow mode. This is our 2nd MS so I know the sounds they make prior to HW2 and all is quiet when I turn off Climate, even with the glove box open. Based on all this input I'm thinking the term Shadow mode refers to the firmware more that what the car is actually doing. No fan would mean the new computer is not On, calibrating and sending info to the net. Would that be accurate?

Two fans. Inside dash, passenger side, right above glovebox. Pointing upwards. Should be quite noticeable on passenger side, either from the vent closest to 17" touchscreen, or from vent/end of dash on outermost right side. Try turning A/C off, listen when all is quiet outside car

Tesla’s first phase of Enhanced Autopilot is finally coming out today, but Elon Musk urges people to be cautious

After
Tesla started pushing the first phase of the new ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ in shadow mode-only to the entire fleet earlier this week, the company is today starting to activate the feature to all cars equipped with the second generation Autopilot hardware. But CEO Elon Musk is asking Tesla owners to be cautious because some cars will need adjustments.

When Tesla started pushing the first Autopilot features, the cameras around the Model S or X needed to be calibrated and therefore, the features were enabled for a short time when first activating them.

With the introduction of the first phase of the ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ in shadow mode – meaning that the features were running in the background without taking control of the car – it certainly helped with the calibration of the sensors, but Musk says that the Autopilot team discovered that some cars will need to be serviced for “adjustment of camera pitch angle”:

Notes from 17.3.2.

Attachments

• IMG_9691.JPG
    IMG_9691.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9692.JPG
    IMG_9692.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9693.JPG
    IMG_9693.JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9695.JPG