Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the spreadsheet, something doesn't add up. 354000 allegedly received a Ryzen, but the 354800 received an Intel.

I wonder if the 354000 had been added with 000 at the end for privacy, to mask their VIN... That's the only logical explanation lol
unknown.png

Looking at the spreadsheet, something doesn't add up. 354000 allegedly received a Ryzen, but the 354800 received an Intel.

I wonder if the 354000 had been added with 000 at the end for privacy, to mask their VIN... That's the only logical explanation lolView attachment 754958
The other logic being used was cars Made after the 11th have a higher chance of getting the Ryzen Chip.

where do you check the build date? I took photo on the drive side door sticker and it only had MM/YY info!

Reactions: sevusal
Went for test drive today. Checked 4 demo MY. 2 were Intel and 2 were AMD. AMD had build date of 1/22 and Intel was 12/21.
Meanwhile my car with the same build date is still stuck in NorCal waiting for transportation to LA.
Just saw a build date of 1-8 with intel so maybe it’s still kinda sporadic with AMD ryzen at this point

MYP delivered 12/21/21 and just checked yesterday and it's an Atom, so I'm bummed. I sometimes wish I never saw this thread, as I'd have never known to look for anything like this, lol.
Lol I’ve thought that myself like I would have no idea if I wasn’t following this thread! Maybe sometimes ignorance is bliss! 😊