Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if a VIN with 387 typically has AMD or intel?

Your SA can look up the build. We were sitting in my car and I said "Hey dude, does this have the AMD process and Li battery or the Intel/Lead option?" Instead of hitting the options in the menu, he pulled out his tablet and looked it up. Indeed lithium/AMD, and if it has those items it'll have the heated wiper area once the update gets pushed to your car.

Easy as that.

Your SA can look up the build. We were sitting in my car and I said "Hey dude, does this have the AMD process and Li battery or the Intel/Lead option?" Instead of hitting the options in the menu, he pulled out his tablet and looked it up. Indeed lithium/AMD, and if it has those items it'll have the heated wiper area once the update gets pushed to your car.

Easy as that.
Yup. I called and it is AMD. Not sure about lithium or not. The service center guy said it had summer tires though... Hopefully not.

Just picked up NF379xxx with a 2/13/22 build date. Confirmed AMD, but not sure about li-ion battery/heated wipers. I'll take a look at that tonight. Delivery process was good, they let me in the car without any issues. I have a few things on the list, just scuffs and the alignment is off. I'll take a deeper dive later and submit the ticket for fixes.

Reactions: mservoss
Just picked up our NF378 VIN and it is Intel. The first SA after VIN assignment said AMD and yesterday the SA said Intel when they called for delivery confirmation. We are super happy with the car after a long wait and didn't consider refusal. Our techie 14yo was just playing games on it and said it didn't seem slow at all. They also let us in the car to look around and get set up before we accepted delivery, super smooth experience and so excited about all the technology coming from a 2011 Volvo!

Reactions: mservoss and DrGriz
Just picked up our NF378 VIN and it is Intel. The first SA after VIN assignment said AMD and yesterday the SA said Intel when they called for delivery confirmation. We are super happy with the car after a long wait and didn't consider refusal. Our techie 14yo was just playing games on it and said it didn't seem slow at all. They also let us in the car to look around and get set up before we accepted delivery, super smooth experience and so excited about all the technology coming from a 2011 Volvo!
So like our experience!

Just picked up NF379xxx with a 2/13/22 build date. Confirmed AMD, but not sure about li-ion battery/heated wipers. I'll take a look at that tonight. Delivery process was good, they let me in the car without any issues. I have a few things on the list, just scuffs and the alignment is off. I'll take a deeper dive later and submit the ticket for fixes.
Don't sweat. You got the latest and greatest. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: DrGriz and monkee88
Just looking for clarification, i've read through the thread some and want to consolidate info.

I've seen mentioned:

amd cpu
Heated wipers
lion battery,
All season tires

Does it come with all of these or just some?
I've seen the tires mentioned along with the performance model, are they on long range too?

AMD, Li-ion battery, and heated wipers come together. All-season tires for the performance can be with or without AMD. As far as I'm aware, all long-range models got all season tires no matter what (probably not pilot sport all seasons like the performance)

Just looking for clarification, i've read through the thread some and want to consolidate info.

I've seen mentioned:

amd cpu
Heated wipers
lion battery,
All season tires

Does it come with all of these or just some?
I've seen the tires mentioned along with the performance model, are they on long range too?
Depends on what you get. Still some Intel shipping which likely get no li-ion and no heated wipers.

The talk about all season tires is related to performance models only. Standard MY P tires have been Pirelli P Zero summer tires but many people are now getting Michelin Pilot AS 4. LR MY come with Continental ProContact AS.

I'm really curious tho, again because I don't remember with the 3. But what happens if its messed up in the interior, so you can't inspect the inside before you accept? Anyway, nothing to get worked up about now, I may not even get delivery in March so who knows.
You schedule a service in the app and they fix it. Same with anything exterior. There are few thigns they will do on site, everything else they schedule a fix for later and it's covered under warranty. I had a small nick in the window trim and they brought a new piece to my house and replaced it within a couple weeks. Also realigned the rear hatch at the same time. Unless there is a dent or obvious paint repair work, there is no reason to reject. They will make it right, you just need to document and report it.

Reactions: nicpottier
You schedule a service in the app and they fix it. Same with anything exterior. There are few thigns they will do on site, everything else they schedule a fix for later and it's covered under warranty. I had a small nick in the window trim and they brought a new piece to my house and replaced it within a couple weeks. Also realigned the rear hatch at the same time. Unless there is a dent or obvious paint repair work, there is no reason to reject. They will make it right, you just need to document and report it.
thanks! Even tho we got our 3, i guess it all feels so foreign 3 years later lol I plan to look at it but realistically just really care about the amd. our 3 came pretty spot on, we didn't need anything fixed so maybe we are spoiled. I'm not gonna lie, my EDD was july and i was happy with it then but now that they moved it up to March, am checking every day for a VIN, even thought i don't NEED the car right now, i'm so ready to get in it LOL

I'll bet I can guess your vin in 10 tries. ;)
It seems F378's that are Performance are Intel, but F378 LR's were Ryzen (I rejected a 378 Intel). The plot thickens.

Well... my first matched LR VIN was F378981 on Feb. 9 - note the higher sequence but earlier build. When I asked SA they said we need to wait until the car leaves production. Then on Feb 12, SA texted me that car left production and is showing Intel MCU - that's when I rejected that VIN.

I never spoke to anyone at Tesla. I ordered online and communicated via Text only. The communication was actually very good via Text. They were helpful, understanding and accommodating.

My brother was just assigned a VIN for delivery tomorrow. The rep over the phone said car computer was "ice", which means Intel. His VIN is F391xxx. He's located in the Bay Area so probably fresh off of the line. I thought that we were finally passed Intel, but who knows. We have not confirmed this in person, this is just the rep over the phone but I would think that their information is correct.

Reactions: DrGriz
My brother was just assigned a VIN for delivery tomorrow. The rep over the phone said car computer was "ice", which means Intel. His VIN is F391xxx. He's located in the Bay Area so probably fresh off of the line. I thought that we were finally passed Intel, but who knows. We have not confirmed this in person, this is just the rep over the phone but I would think that their information is correct.
That's interesting. I was assigned a VIN this morning, F392xxx. The chat rep told me Intel but the two delivery center reps told me AMD. I guess we'll both find out tomorrow.