Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Songs that should be blocked by next Firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bgarret

Model 3 ownin' Michigan scofflaw
May 10, 2013
Michigan
So there has been talk about 8.0 update being a "nanny" and autopilot promoting safety. There's even safety features for pets/kids trapped in a car on a hot day.

Here's my safety tip - don't allow me to play Rage Against The Machine's "Renegades of Funk" while driving a Tesla. Elon or engineering, can you hear me? Next OTA update, disable "Renegades of Funk" from playing while in Drive (or for that matter, Reverse).

For that matter, probably should ban all RATM and the Beastie Boys "Sabotage". It may be a nanny fix, but it's for my safety...for your safety....for society's safety.

Please add your selections to the "Please Ban in OTA update 9" playlist.

And remember, "No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now!"

Off topic..but does anyone else experience the issue with Slacker where you go to play a song but it somehow always finds the "edited" or "censored" version? Any way around that?

Some have had luck by asking Tesla for credentials and then using those to make changes on the website. Slacker censoring

Wouldn't spend too much time on it, since the rumor is that Slacker won't be available in Tesla's too much longer.

So there has been talk about 8.0 update being a "nanny" and autopilot promoting safety. There's even safety features for pets/kids trapped in a car on a hot day.

Here's my safety tip - don't allow me to play Rage Against The Machine's "Renegades of Funk" while driving a Tesla. Elon or engineering, can you hear me? Next OTA update, disable "Renegades of Funk" from playing while in Drive (or for that matter, Reverse).

For that matter, probably should ban all RATM and the Beastie Boys "Sabotage". It may be a nanny fix, but it's for my safety...for your safety....for society's safety.

Please add your selections to the "Please Ban in OTA update 9" playlist.

"What does the fox say".... just ask your kids, and after that, you won't be allowed to listen to anything else....

My right foot just slams down during the 'Whoaaaa' bit right after the breakdown in Sabotage. Gonna get me killed. Or arrested.
Thanks for replying in the tone of the thread....seems like some critics and literalists took this in a completely different direction than I thought it would go. Was hoping to hear about some good driving fast music...try again?

Thanks for the video CGI guy...

Last edited:
Personal favorite:
There be no shelter here
Tha frontline is everywhere

Now the extra credit reference for listeners "of a certain age":

The radio's playing some forgotten song
Brenda Lee’s "Coming on Strong"

Should have been banned from broadcast radio that can be picked up in cars decades ago.

... I won't do whatcha tell me!!

Off topic..but does anyone else experience the issue with Slacker where you go to play a song but it somehow always finds the "edited" or "censored" version? Any way around that?
upload_2016-9-21_16-44-34.png

upload_2016-9-21_16-44-34.png