Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify w/ V10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All we need is this button in the car :

upload_2019-10-21_14-49-12.png

Plus if the UI could at least control the phone. Like Tesplayer does. Or in this case, how the Desktop app can control the playback on the phone...

So sometimes I have issue, where I play a song, and I don't hear anything but see the timer moving, and then it seems that it is actually trying to play on my phone. So I have to just switch to phone output. Anyone have this problem also?
Yes. I have the same issue. Spotify doesn't like to load half the time, especially during car startup. And the times it loads, it plays without any audio. Spotify seems pretty buggy at this point still.

I figured out how to add stations this morning. Not sure if that has been posted but I know some were having issues. One member said to search for a song and play that song and then at the end a station will be created so that's one way. The other is to search for an artist and when their page pulls up there is a little symbol next to the album art that looks like a diagonal wifi symbol, if you click that, it will create an artist station and will be able to be found in the station page. I guess this interface will take a little getting used to but I have already heard 100% different songs than slacker so thank god for that.

while you can create a Spotify station using search as explained above, there appears to be no way to delete a station - whether from the car or another device (stations created in your Tesla don’t even appear anywhere in your Spotify account on other devices whether mobile, desktop, web browser player or separate Spotify Stations app).

Seems a half-baked “feature”

Has anyone found the “don’t play this song” option for tracks within the Tesla interface?

I have this option on all of the other Spotify clients but not in the Tesla.
Other stuff appears to be missing as well such as the “daily drive” playlists which gives me a bunch of ready to go playlists based on my other music selections.

So sometimes I have issue, where I play a song, and I don't hear anything but see the timer moving, and then it seems that it is actually trying to play on my phone. So I have to just switch to phone output. Anyone have this problem also?

I have never observed it playing to my phone but I have observed this bug many times over the past month since I got V10.

I have the opposite problem... sometimes I look at my phone and it seems it’s playing in the car however I’m not sure since I’m not there

In Europe we got the menu label corrected in the last 2020.4 update. It was ‘Spötify’ since v10 introduction

I'm not sure where to look. Can someone help please ?
I'm not going to pay for 2 streaming services in addition to the $10 for the car's link.
So which gives you ability to use at home and in car, best choice AND sound quality?
Sorry, what are your two options?

Spotify is the best music streaming service IMO, so it would be the best choice regardless what you are comparing.

Yes. I have the same issue. Spotify doesn't like to load half the time, especially during car startup. And the times it loads, it plays without any audio. Spotify seems pretty buggy at this point still.

I find that I need to do the following at startup to get it to work: Click on Spotify, then click on Caraoke, then click back to Spotify. Then to get my likes songs to load i have to click on my likes songs then click on playlists then back to liked songs. At this point it usually loads.

If I am getting back in the car after work or for lunch Spotify will continue to play whatever song was last loaded and then the next song on the list but I can’t navigate using the steering whee controller.

Thank you. Doesn't Slacker have a premium level too?
Oh my. Do not pay for Slacker. It sucks. It plays the same songs over and over again. You should only be "paying" for it as a part of the bundle to get the Premium Connectivity, maps, etc., it comes with the $10 fee Tesla charges, there isn't another level of slacker you should be paying for.

In other words, pay for the Tesla connectivity and if you want a music service, Spotify.

Reactions: Fernand
Thanks! Of course I pay for the Tesla Maps etc, that's well worth it. Slacker audio is mezzo mezzo at best. So it's Spotify ...

OK, but can I use the same "premium" account on computer, phone and car?
And can you select Spotify vs. Slacker when doing a voice command search?

I can't deal with tapping the screen while driving. Are they implementing selection by scroll wheel or buttons yet?

Thanks! Of course I pay for the Tesla Maps etc, that's well worth it. Slacker audio is mezzo mezzo at best. So it's Spotify ...

OK, but can I use the same "premium" account on computer, phone and car?
And can you select Spotify vs. Slacker when doing a voice command search?

I can't deal with tapping the screen while driving. Are they implementing selection by scroll wheel or buttons yet?
Yep, you use the premium account on any device. You sign up using an e-mail address, say, on your computer. Then you simply login to your account on the Tesla. Make sure you search out for a code or link that gives 3 free months of Spotify, I'm sure you can find that quite easily via google.

You can't select Spotify or slacker when using the voice command search - it will default to Spotify if you have it set up - trust me, you want this feature, Spotify search actually plays the song, slacker search just gives you a list of search results, it sucks.

No news on not using the screen and I doubt it will ever come - you can use your phone to select if you hate the screen on the Tesla but don't mind using your phone.