Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Heated Rear Seats Paid Upgrade live: $300

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we're in the thread talking about potential upgrades, I'm really wondering about the interior footwell lights are not on. They blink on when I open the car door from a sleep, but then rapidly turn off. Makes no sense to me, and would really like them active. (SR+)

I think this is the "Ambient lighting" feature of the premium interior, which along with the speaker upgrade should be an incremental option.

z4HhEZ7.jpg

Screw rear heated seats, bring on the Fog Lights Upgrade please!
I have a March 2019 build (SR+ voluntarily downgraded to SR) and lost my fogs in the downgrade. Since then, I’ve noticed that they come on from time to time while I’m driving, but I have no software control over them.

How do the lights help at all. Lol. They are purely cosmetic. At least the seat heaters have a use.

I get that this stuff is subjective, as to what has a "use" or not, but there's a slight difference here --
Rear seat heating is only useful when someone's butt is in the seat, and they're cold, and they want it.
Footwell lights can potentially look cool each and every time you open the car. There's a (albeit small) market on replacing the footwell lights to a specific color. I always liked the idea of opening my blue M3 car door and having lit-up blue footwells

Reactions: Teedub21