Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like all SR cars might be coming with HW3, if they are starting production this month:

Tesla confirms new full self-driving computer is in production, will demonstrate capability this month

Yes, this would be awesome and something I considered as well. We did get the surprise benefit of the glass roof--I had been told when I test drove the 3 that the glass roof would not be included with the base model. On the other hand, the new computer is going to be a free retrofit for anyone who paid for full self driving.

Nothing I heard sounded definitive, so either my sales reps are playing their cards close to their chest or they are actually in the dark.

Didn’t Elon himself say, we will not be ramping up SR production until June?

The delivery support people you get on the phone seem to know nothing, unless there is, VIN assigned to your account. They have no insight to factory activity.

The only thing I learned from them, was that Tesla does not build to order as has been stated. They build in batches to short term inventory, and then assign customers to what they have built. This explains why some people get their cars in a week and others can wait a couple of months. It just depends on what they built for inventory based on their best guess, production efficiencies, and regional distribution.

5CLzAPv.jpg

What's surprising is that Tesla has been so mum on this. I can't believe the car is ready and they are choosing not to deliver it amid all the negative press. I do fear deliveries won't start until June, but I would expect them to honor the suggestion that there would be deliveries before the tax credit cliff at the end of June.

Another strange fact I'm mulling over is that the online delivery estimates have not been pushed back. Online it still says I will take deliver within a week ("2-4 weeks from delivery date"). What percentageof all Model 3 orders do you all think are for the SR "not plus"? Really so few that the delivery estimate algorithm was not differentiated from that for the SR plus? Or was/is Tesla still trying to push the SR not plus out all of the sudden?

Lastly, I reviewed my emails with the sales associates, and it seems like they do have a source suggesting that deliveries of the SR model will start in May. Why nothing official to confirm? Well, I suppose it's a mad dash to the finish as usual with Tesla.

What's surprising is that Tesla has been so mum on this. I can't believe the car is ready and they are choosing not to deliver it amid all the negative press. I do fear deliveries won't start until June, but I would expect them to honor the suggestion that there would be deliveries before the tax credit cliff at the end of June.

Another strange fact I'm mulling over is that the online delivery estimates have not been pushed back. Online it still says I will take deliver within a week ("2-4 weeks from delivery date"). What percentageof all Model 3 orders do you all think are for the SR "not plus"? Really so few that the delivery estimate algorithm was not differentiated from that for the SR plus? Or was/is Tesla still trying to push the SR not plus out all of the sudden?

Lastly, I reviewed my emails with the sales associates, and it seems like they do have a source suggesting that deliveries of the SR model will start in May. Why nothing official to confirm? Well, I suppose it's a mad dash to the finish as usual with Tesla.

My account still lists “2-4 weeks from Oder date” which was 2/28

I spoke with Tesla again, they seem pretty confident that SR is in production now, and deliveries will be “soon”

I thought they said 500 were produced about a month ago. I think those may have had issues or they just want to milk all demand for higher priced units first.

For example, they converted my SR to a SR+ order and didn't even give me the original $2K price. I had to cancel my first order and place a new order under the higher pricing to get one from inventory.

They are good at picking my pockets.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I still have an open SR order, awaiting to find out about
1) Delivery dates. According to blog post: "deliveries will begin this weekend".
2) If my order is now forced to include Autopilot which could be an extra $2000-$3000

I was actually more preferring the standard interior options including the cloth seats. It's so silly to software limit heated seats.

I still have an open SR order, awaiting to find out about
1) Delivery dates. According to blog post: "deliveries will begin this weekend".
2) If my order is now forced to include Autopilot which could be an extra $2000-$3000

I was actually more preferring the standard interior options including the cloth seats. It's so silly to software limit heated seats.

The blog said one can still order a SR car by calling but is the Autopilot now required? So there is really no more $35k car but rather a $38K car for SR.