Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email from Tesla

Your Model 3 will soon receive new software that matches the Model 3 Standard Range configuration you ordered. As we communicated in April, this includes a limited range of 220 miles, and the removal of several software features. To continue experiencing the extended range, faster acceleration and Autopilot features of Model 3 Standard Range Plus, schedule a service appointment through your Tesla app.
Your car will be software-limited in the next 10 days to match your original configuration.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​
Wondering what’s the cost to “keep” these features. The emailed mentions making a service appointment if you want to retain SR+

Reactions: Stach and Mr X
Hey all!
So I ordered my model 3 SR on jun 1st, they said 6-8 weeks for delivery, but said it could be sooner. So I was wondering what do you all think delivery will come?
Wondering what’s the cost to “keep” these features. The emailed mentions making a service appointment if you want to retain SR+
I'm guessing it's an all or nothing upgrade either as the upgrade will convert you to a SR+. I'd be willing to pay for everything but autopilot...

Reactions: Stach
Now they say heated seats are going away (again). Acceleration loss? Geez. Welcome to your new Nissan Leaf. Tesla, Tesla, Tesla..... really?

Edit: I see their blog post mentions heated seats. This is conflicting with their Interior trim document (see below).

SR should be 5.6s (while SR+ is 5.3s). Definitely not as quick but it is what we knowingly signed up for and not even close to being Leaf like.
1277b6e2916b45ad7ee51a5e0384ddbc11e6b8ca-1S_1280.jpg

Can someone help me understand the context of the email? I received the same email in error. I bought a SR+ in Inventory. I purchased the car on Sunday (6.2) and took delivery on Tuesday (6.4). My purchase contract, my window sticker, the inventory description and the info display on my car all clearly say “Standard Plus” which I paid $4500 for and includes autopilot, etc.

What cars is this email intended to apply to? Are there Standard cars that have been receiving these upgrades for free?

I am just looking for clarification before I call customer service. I am not familiar with the trim levels offered prior to 3 weeks ago. Any j sight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Heated seats will be gone. Oh no!

What's next? disable half of the screen, disable up/down/lumbar portion the power seat adjustment, disable rear interior lights, disable supercharger access, take away mobile charger while it's in service?

Reactions: Mr X
Understood, except I received the email this morning just like everyone here, even though my car is the plus model.

I think it an error like you mentioned. If your MVPA said SR+ and you paid for SR+ you should be fine. Now whether or not they will inadvertently downgrade you or not is anyone's guess. I guess a quick call wouldn't hurt? Let me know what the results are though.

Funny I got the email today but delivery isn't till this weekend :)

"To continue experiencing the extended range, faster acceleration and Autopilot features of Model 3 Standard Range Plus, schedule a service appointment through your Tesla app"

hmm that means there's an upgrade option in the future??

Also I'm thinking of rescheduling but they warned me " Once we un-match you there is no guarantee that a vehicle will be available before 6/31." It's a SR base black so should be fine right?

What is their VIN hold period?

Just for grins I think someone should try scheduling a service appointment as the email suggests. When they ask you what is wrong with the car, you can tell them “nothing, I just want to bring it in to ensure Tesla doesn’t break anything”.

Oh I picked up my 3SR from the service center yesterday as I had homelink installed.

It got software updates along the way and I presume I got downgraded.

Not yet.

I showed them the email and they told me I needed to go down and talk to the sales center down the street.

In a rush so will save it for when the downgrade does happen.

Said no-one ever who has used autopilot for any extended period of time....

You're partially right, it's not extremely useful to me, but I was hoping for better and more for a few thousand dollars. When I did try it for a couple of weeks, the random braking, favoring the left-hand side of the lane, and the removal of the lane change feature makes it extremely over-priced (IMHO).

Said no-one ever who has used autopilot for any extended period of time....

I'll say it. It's basically useless to us in it's current form. The ACC brakes all the time when it shouldn't (often several times per minute), the autosteer takes detours into bus stops and merging lanes etc. So I never use the autosteer on our X75D now, and seldom the ACC. Sadly Tesla doesn't allow using regular CC on AP-enabled cars, so we are definately not getting AP on the Model 3. I'd decline it even if it was a free option.