Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should expect it to disappear.

But with that said.. has it come to any cars that already have delivery?
I know... but can't help the human nature of feeling sad when you losing something even if it's telegraphed and expected from the very beginning.

A few people on this thread have reported their SRs came from the factory limited to 220 miles, no fog lights and no immersive mode. Go to page 27 of this thread.

I really wish they offered the SR+ without autopilot.. I might have paid the 1500 for the 20 miles and fog lamps. Well, heres hoping they make that an option.

@omkar I know this is asking a lot but would you be able to supercharge from ~10% to 100% on your car and record the speed? It'd be interesting to see if Tesla limits the supercharging performance of SR vehicles vs SR+. My hunch is that they would be identical but maybe they'll nerf SR performance for market differentiation.

My car was delivered 4/23 and was apparently built just a few days prior. I also have the fog lamps and 240 miles still... Guessing that'll disappear soon :(

It was $37,000 3 months ago. I wish SR+ was still available now without autopilot. Was really thinking about placing my order last month but they made Autopilot standard and raised it $2,500 so I've been waiting to see what they'll do price wise come end of Q2

I wonder if Tesla would enable fog lights on the SR for a certain price. I mean they are already on the car! I want the brightest light output at night and those led fogs really light the ground up

I can drive and live without Autopilot. Someday though

It was $37,000 3 months ago. I wish SR+ was still available now without autopilot. Was really thinking about placing my order last month but they made Autopilot standard and raised it $2,500 so I've been waiting to see what they'll do price wise come end of Q2

I wonder if Tesla would enable fog lights on the SR for a certain price. I mean they are already on the car! I want the brightest light output at night and those led fogs really light the ground up

I actually tried really hard to get the 37k SR+ when it was still being offered but I wasn't 100% confident I was going to be able to get a loan with my basically non-existent credit history.

I've had my SR for a month now and honestly I've never actually charged the car above 220 miles anyway... Just never encountered the scenario where those 20 miles made a difference.

I can't imagine them NOT offering a price to unlock all the things in the car in the future.

How sure are you with not needing autopilot?

I didn’t “need” it either until I took it for granted.

Now that SR cars are actually coming out as SR, the best bang for buck cars are now SR+ with AP.

How sure are you with not needing autopilot?

I didn’t “need” it either until I took it for granted.

Now that SR cars are actually coming out as SR, the best bang for buck cars are now SR+ with AP.

LOL

With the recent update 2019.16.2 there's a bug when leaving Sentry Mode on that can prevent Autopilot from engaging... So I recently had to drive my car without Autopilot... On the highway. It was horrible. I will never buy a car without it.

Reactions: MXWing
In what ways is your SR a true SR? No 240 miles, no vegan leather seats, no glass roof?

The car was software locked to 220 miles of range. Fog lights were software disabled. Partial immersive sound was still available.

Otherwise it conforms to the spec of a partial premium interior just like the SR+, including the vegan leather seats and sunroof. You are referring to the old definition of an SR that was never actually built.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
The car was software locked to 220 miles of range. Fog lights were software disabled. Partial immersive sound was still available.

Otherwise it conforms to the spec of a partial premium interior just like the SR+, including the vegan leather seats and sunroof. You are referring to the old definition of an SR that was never actually built.
so does that mean your car is an SR half-plus? And no SR were built....haha.

Has anyone who ordered a SR and received a car with 240mi range, yet had their range software locked to 220 miles???

So far, they are only being locked down pre-delivery (which started happening within the past 1-2 weeks), according to reports on here. Mine was delivered as an SR+ (about 1 month ago) and has yet to be downgraded to an SR (others have stated that this is how it's been working for them as well).