Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have SR non plus VIN now. My delivery is set for tomorrow, although yesterday I received a text that it might be today. Tesla texted me asking if I was ready for delivery, said they are prioritizing those who are. I'm in California. My online specs updated to show partial premium interior, which confirms to me that no one is getting cloth seats. I had ordered March 2, base everything, no autopilot. I had reserved on Day 1 back in 2016. My price before delivery, etc, is still $35,000. Tesla contacted one of the major media outlets (I can't remember which, I saw the note on an article yesterday) to clarify that people can still pay $35,000 for a car by special order, but autopilot will not be included. Interestingly, I guess the original loan I accepted expired, but I was offered another loan with essentially identical terms so I confirmed again after my delivery date was updated but before I got the VIN.
Careful with the amount of personally identifiable information you're posting.

I feel like we are all in an elaborate science experiment:
  • we order starting on 02/28
  • it says 2-4 weeks
  • we all get texted on 03/22 "hey your car is ready next week"
  • two days later "JK sorry"
  • fast forward a couple of weeks, "oh actually your SR is basically a SR+, woo!"
  • Today its "pay for the car before you know anything!?" lol.

Reactions: finally_adult
If the sound doesn’t differ between SR and SR+ I’m totally downgrading.

According to the old chart SR had one less speaker and no immersive sound option:

Tesla Interior Packages Comparison.jpg

Who knows what they will actually do. They probably don't even know yet. They will probably deliver with SR+ features and then take them away in a software update. (Like SR+ came with satellite maps originally even though they weren't supposed to.)

My story is basically the same as tactis, so I called Tesla this morning and the guy knew way more than he did yesterday. He said my car was on site and I could get it today if I could get a loan on short notice on a Saturday (I can't) so my new delivery date is Tuesday. I finally have a VIN! It's a miracle!

My story is basically the same as tactis, so I called Tesla this morning and the guy knew way more than he did yesterday. He said my car was on site and I could get it today if I could get a loan on short notice on a Saturday (I can't) so my new delivery date is Tuesday. I finally have a VIN! It's a miracle!
So jelly, I'd pick mine up today but he didn't have any appointments available so I have to wait until Tuesday. Still excited!!