Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was just an SR+ with 58 miles on CPO, black on black with Autopilot for $37,900. Now gone

Lowest price I've seen for a 3 on CPO yet. Price is dropping slowly but surely. Might just have to wait till end of year since I've already waited so long

There was just an SR+ with 58 miles on CPO, black on black with Autopilot for $37,900. Now gone

Lowest price I've seen for a 3 on CPO yet. Price is dropping slowly but surely. Might just have to wait till end of year since I've already waited so long
This is a perfect example of how frustrating CPO prices are for me. A new SR+ is $38,990 and with the Fed incentive of $1875 you are down to $37,115. If you have a state incentive like me ($2500 in WA), you are looking at $34,615. You should probably factor in that CPO doesn't charge you the $1200 doc/dest fee, so the total price is probably more like $35,815.

Who in their right mind would buy this used when the maximum premium you could pay for new is about $400?!? I don't understand this pricing

Reactions: Mr X
Same here ))
Update still no VIn

Called my sales recap was told no VIN in there system. He was gonna see if there was a match on there lot. If so he was gonna speak to his manager to see if I could take that one.

I see other stores in my area have the model I want. However they have the updated rims and tires. I wanted the stock rims and tires. Would it be possible for them to just switch it out. So I may take that one?

They were supposed to give me a call back if there was any details.
So far nothing it’s been around 2 hours.

Got my car today.
There are some paint and body gap issues.
They will get fixed next week.

Also I found we have heated seats function in the rear. We tried it and it worked
Can you post pictures of the paint/gap issues and let me know how you handle/documented them with Tesla?

Did Tesla put up any fight on fixing them? Like claiming they’re “normal manufacturing variances” or anything?

I’m kinda dreading it if there are any issues with mine when I take delivery next month. If I talk to Tesla about any issues and they come back saying anything like “we can recommend a body shop, but that’s normal and will be out of your pocket” I’ll probably just drop the issue, I hate being confrontational with stuff like that. So I need to build a catalog of what’s considered normal and what’s considered “do not let Tesla ignore this.”

Can you post pictures of the paint/gap issues and let me know how you handle/documented them with Tesla?

Did Tesla put up any fight on fixing them? Like claiming they’re “normal manufacturing variances” or anything?

I’m kinda dreading it if there are any issues with mine when I take delivery next month. If I talk to Tesla about any issues and they come back saying anything like “we can recommend a body shop, but that’s normal and will be out of your pocket” I’ll probably just drop the issue, I hate being confrontational with stuff like that. So I need to build a catalog of what’s considered normal and what’s considered “do not let Tesla ignore this.”
You likely wont notice anything on delivery day from afar so make sure to look closely for any paint chips or errors. Literally scan every bit of your car if you want to be 100% certain. If there are any concerns in regards to that, let your delivery advisor know and they will handle it. Tesla will fix it under warranty at no cost to you. Im not sure about panel gaps but they have improved drastically and I rarely see anyone complain about them anymore, but to each their own. If it clearly looks misaligned or an awkward gap, tell your DA about it and they will take a look. If you notice something a few days after delivery, call in and inform them.

Other than that, enjoy your delivery! Hope no issues arise! You’ll love the car

New M3 owner (soon) here. Ordered on 7/19 SR+ white/black. VIN in source on 7/28. No delivery date in account yet. Vin 416xxx. Is that bit old compared to recent ones in the 450xxx range ? Looks like manufactured in early June. Any significant hardware differences compared to new ones ? Any thing specifically to look into at delivery ?

You likely wont notice anything on delivery day from afar so make sure to look closely for any paint chips or errors. Literally scan every bit of your car if you want to be 100% certain. If there are any concerns in regards to that, let your delivery advisor know and they will handle it. Tesla will fix it under warranty at no cost to you. Im not sure about panel gaps but they have improved drastically and I rarely see anyone complain about them anymore, but to each their own. If it clearly looks misaligned or an awkward gap, tell your DA about it and they will take a look. If you notice something a few days after delivery, call in and inform them.

Other than that, enjoy your delivery! Hope no issues arise! You’ll love the car
I was told that some dust specs under the paint is within warranty and won't be fixed for free. I think it has to be certain size (I was told by someone?). So, it really depends on where its located, how big it is etc. Its one thing I dread too.
Recently though I started question my choice of SR+ and whether or not its really enough.
I know the LR AWD is not worth it for me financially as its extra almost 25% more ($19kCAD more with taxes) which is why I'm not going for it but kinda hesitant if SR+ will be enough. Thought it would but someone posted a video saying that on highway you loose a lot of milage so from 240miles maybe 180miles and in winter could be as low as 120miles so that kinda scares me.
I think most of my trips will be in the summer and the only ones in winter will be around 80miles but still, I'm hesitant now. :(

New M3 owner (soon) here. Ordered on 7/19 SR+ white/black. VIN in source on 7/28. No delivery date in account yet. Vin 416xxx. Is that bit old compared to recent ones in the 450xxx range ? Looks like manufactured in early June. Any significant hardware differences compared to new ones ? Any thing specifically to look into at delivery ?

Ordered 7/03. Red/Black. VIN was 400xxx.

Just checked my acccount and VIN disappeared. New date of sept. 12, 2019. I hope that’s a bug

I was told that some dust specs under the paint is within warranty and won't be fixed for free. I think it has to be certain size (I was told by someone?). So, it really depends on where its located, how big it is etc. Its one thing I dread too.
Recently though I started question my choice of SR+ and whether or not its really enough.
I know the LR AWD is not worth it for me financially as its extra almost 25% more ($19kCAD more with taxes) which is why I'm not going for it but kinda hesitant if SR+ will be enough. Thought it would but someone posted a video saying that on highway you loose a lot of milage so from 240miles maybe 180miles and in winter could be as low as 120miles so that kinda scares me.
I think most of my trips will be in the summer and the only ones in winter will be around 80miles but still, I'm hesitant now. :(

Check out ABetterRoutePlanner. It will map out your route with supercharger spots based on distance of route, speed of the road you’ll be on, and elevation changes. Then you can adjust things like references watt/mile (though it’s pre-populated number is fairly accurate and maybe even a little conservative), amount of reference speed (110% would be 10% faster then the post speed for any given section of roadway), if there is a headwind or tailwind, and temperatures. (I’m addition you can add if there is rain or snow on the roadway but you’ll probably have winter tires if traveling in the snow, etc.)

From my understanding those models were created from real world data from Model 3s driving around. That might give you some more clarity if the SR+ will work for you.

Reactions: Gloor