Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I have a question for those who did a trade in.

In my order, under the details about my trade in, the “lien payoff amount” is showing an amount higher than what I currently own for my current car.

This info was entered a long time ago, when I first placed the order, and since then I made several payments, so I actually own 5k less than the information currently displaying on the site.

My question is: When I get my final agreement, I’ll have the actual payoff amount, right? (since they have the account number and can pull the up-to-date info) Probably a stupid question, but I just wanna make sure that I don’t need to take any action, like asking them to update this.

Last edited:
Guys, I have a question for those who did a trade in.

In my order, under the details about my trade in, the “lien payoff amount” is showing an amount higher than what I currently own for my current car.

This info was entered a long time ago, when I first placed the order, and since then I made several payments, so I actually own 5k less than the information currently displaying on the site.

My question is: When I get my final agreement, I’ll have the actual payoff amount, right? (since they have the account number and can pull the up-to-date info) Probably a stupid question, but I just wanna make sure that I don’t need to take any action, like asking them to update this.
My advice would be to go to the bank where your loan is at and ask for a payout letter (shows remaining amount owing for loan, account number, etc. ) and send that to [email protected]. tesla will then update the amount owing for you before you show up for delivery.

Reactions: alangold and fer_
My advice would be to go to the bank where your loan is at and ask for a payout letter (shows remaining amount owing for loan, account number, etc. ) and send that to [email protected]. tesla will then update the amount owing for you before you show up for delivery.
But shouldn’t they be able to do that by themselves? I didn’t tell them the remaining amount owing, they pulled from the account (which i provided). Not so sure, but I think a Tesla rep once told me that I should continue paying my loan and they would get the numbers updated for the final agreement…

Anyway... I’ll pay a visit to Tesla Saint Bruno today and ask them.

But shouldn’t they be able to do that by themselves? I didn’t tell them the remaining amount owing, they pulled from the account (which i provided). Not so sure, but I think a Tesla rep once told me that I should continue paying my loan and they would get the numbers updated for the final agreement…

Anyway... I’ll pay a visit to Tesla Saint Bruno today and ask them.
Yes you're right they should and probably will but i don't trust them based on my delivery prep experience haha.

Reactions: fer_
OD 5/19 RWD black, black, aero, no fsd, FL
Would changing my interior to white delay my EDD of 10/3-11/7 I just recently had the EDD shorten up for the month of November by 5 days and don’t want to delay it by switching to white interior I’m at the point if it will delay it I’ll live with the black interior. Has anyone experience a delay when making this change?