Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been reading for a while and finally decided to join. Thanks to all for the helpful information on here.

For what it is worth, I swung by the Chicago location last week. SA said that they are getting 2-3 shipments of cars per week.

I'm new to this - what is the best way to shop for the best car loan rate? It looks like this spreadsheet, which used to update hourly, is no longer updating:

M3RWD / Black / Black / Aero / No FSD / OD: 4/15/2022/ EDD: 9/6/2022-10/11/2022

OD 5/19 RWD black, black, aero, no fsd, FL
Would changing my interior to white delay my EDD of 10/3-11/7 I just recently had the EDD shorten up for the month of November by 5 days and don’t want to delay it by switching to white interior I’m at the point if it will delay it I’ll live with the black interior. Has anyone experience a delay when making this change?
What is your original order date?
July-Aug when I ordered in March

Thank you for the response,

I talked to Tesla today and they said if I change my order to LR it wont impact my EDD. So now like I said I am on the hot seat to make a choice between staying with the SR or switching to LR. I choose to go with a Tesla due to my drive to work. I drive 70 miles round trip 4 days a week, on the weekends I will be using my truck as i need it for towing my toys around. I plan on staying with this car until the wheels fall off so I am wondering if I should go with the LR, especially in considering battery loss of 1-2% each year. Your thoughts?
I am not a chemical engineer, but from what I’ve read about the LFP battery, I am sticking with SR bc supposedly less degradation and 80% of LR with aero wheels is only slightly more than 100% of SR. I too have 150 mile daily commute. Can’t wait to NOT stop at a gas station every 2-3 days!!!

I am not a chemical engineer, but from what I’ve read about the LFP battery, I am sticking with SR bc supposedly less degradation and 80% of LR with aero wheels is only slightly more than 100% of SR. I too have 150 mile daily commute. Can’t wait to NOT stop at a gas station every 2-3 days!!!
My 2021 M3 SR+ lost 8% in the one year I owned it, and the tesla service department told that was normal. 1-2% per year? That’s just not true.
Sold it and got in line to buy a Tesla with LFP.

Reactions: PDGA11565
Day 181 since my OD and went from a four-week window to a two-week window yesterday. Not complaining that it's only three days since I went from a five-week window to a four-week window! Broached the topic of how to get to the Tesla delivery center across state lines with my wife (Tesla is not allowed to deliver in Wisconsin due largely to the political influence of the automobile dealers association) and she is not comfortable with driving our other car back from Illinois and thinks that Uber is too expensive. Kind of wishing that we didn't both need to be present for the delivery signoff for a jointly owned car.

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
8/3/2022: September 1 - September 29
8/6/2022: August 20 - September 3

Day 181 since my OD and went from a four-week window to a two-week window yesterday. Not complaining that it's only three days since I went from a five-week window to a four-week window! Broached the topic of how to get to the Tesla delivery center across state lines with my wife (Tesla is not allowed to deliver in Wisconsin due largely to the political influence of the automobile dealers association) and she is not comfortable with driving our other car back from Illinois and thinks that Uber is too expensive. Kind of wishing that we didn't both need to be present for the delivery signoff for a jointly owned car.

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
8/3/2022: September 1 - September 29
8/6/2022: August 20 - September 3
Needing a ferry ride and/or flight for the delivery, we elected to change our car from jointly owned to a single owner. We'll change it to joint on the first registration renewal.
I don't know if this is useful to you but I think Tesla would do this for you quite easily.

• Informative
Reactions: HowardSalt
I got a text on Friday saying my car is in transit. Is it coming from Texas or California, and does anyone know how long after the transit text you can expect to get the text to schedule delivery? I’m on the east coast.
Coming from Fremont. I’m wondering the same thing, supposedly it’s like 5 or so business days.

I had a Aug 6-10 EDD, and received a text with my vin on July 25th. I got the option to schedule on July 30th.

My delivery date just bumped up to September 2-September 30 from September 7-October 12th

Order Date 03/23/22

Model 3 RWD/Black/Black/18"/No FSD/Kitchener Ontario Canada

For any Canadian's looking to trade in your vehicle to tesla, check it's value at canadadrives.ca before accepting Telsas offer. For my Elantra they offered over 5K more.

Reactions: HowardSalt