Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience so far on my 9/5/22 order date

Original confg: M3/silver ext/blk int/ 18” wheels
  • 9/6: Oct22 - Dec22
  • 9/6: first three checkmarks completed
  • 9/26: 11/14 - 12/5
  • 10/9: 12/11 - 1/6/23
  • 10/13: 11/10 - 12/16
  • 10/26: Changed confg to blk ext/19” wheels
  • 10/27: 11/11 - 12/9

Reactions: J-Ho
Ordered a black M3 standard rear wheel drive on Sept 25, 2022, the edd at the time was October-December 22. A day or so later the edd was December 3-January 10, on October 6 it changed to November 19-December 24, and it stayed that way until now. This past Saturday (Oct 29) I called Tesla and had them change my interior to white, it updated in the app and the Edd was still 11/19-12/24. Today (11/1) I checked the app and my EDD is now Oct-December 2022. 😩. Did I mess up by changing my interior?
I ordered mine 2 days before you. Same happened to me when I switched from a White/White to a Red/Black about 10 days after the OD. The first day after the change, I had Oct-Dec 2022 but then it switched to Oct30-Nov12 the day after the change. I was very happy with the new EDD, but sadly on 10/31, I went back to a Nov30-Dec28.

I ordered mine 2 days before you. Same happened to me when I switched from a White/White to a Red/Black about 10 days after the OD. The first day after the change, I had Oct-Dec 2022 but then it switched to Oct30-Nov12 the day after the change. I was very happy with the new EDD, but sadly on 10/31, I went back to a Nov30-Dec28.
Mine also says just 'October to December' even though it's not October any more, haha. It changed to that last Saturday.

Car: Model 3 RWD, white, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD or EAP.

Order date: September 20
Orignal delivery window: Late November to Late December (don't remember the exact dates)
EDD change roughly September 26: December 4 to December 31
EDD change Oct 29: October to December (no dates given)

Reactions: SOBX MX
I called my local Tesla and they went into my account and said they expect my car to arrive at their facility on 11/21. I have no VIN assigned and just an EDD of 11/18 - 11/30 right now. Any thoughts on when I should expect a VIN?
You should get the VIN soon.
My Est. Delivery window was 11/5 - 11/19 on 10/25. Then I got VIN 10/28, and my Est. Delivery window changed to 11/10 - 11/17.

Thank yo
You should get the VIN soon.
My Est. Delivery window was 11/5 - 11/19 on 10/25. Then I got VIN 10/28, and my Est. Delivery window changed to 11/10 - 11/17.

Thank you. Appreciate that! Do you think I still hold off on applying for the financing until the VIN or move forward now? Don’t want anything to potentially delay it. I’m guessing my VIN should come within a week.

Thank yo

Thank you. Appreciate that! Do you think I still hold off on applying for the financing until the VIN or move forward now? Don’t want anything to potentially delay it. I’m guessing my VIN should come within a week.
I read somewhere that you apply for car loan when you get your VIN.
My case is a bit special: I applied a few days before VIN assignment because I wanted to lock the rate before the Fed meeting (which is today 11/2).

Thanks! I did want to do that too as I don’t want to pay more interest. But I’ll probably hold off and wait for the VIN
I read somewhere that you apply for car loan when you get your VIN.
My case is a bit special: I applied a few days before VIN assignment because I wanted to lock the rate before the Fed meeting (which is today 11/2).
If you don’t mind me asking, did you apply through Tesla? I’m curious what qualifies for their best rate. I have a high credit score and a good credit history. My credit union qualifies me for best interest rates on score alone. Curious if Tesla is similar! I’m at 760.