Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No VIN but just got a text update from some number:

'Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 12/1 and 12/9. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.'

Random Chicago number, not my SA. Possibly someone at the delivery center with a Chicago area code or possibly some hooligans playing the ultimate prank on me. I don't know!

Reactions: George75
Just received this text, ordered 10/29 no Vin. Buffalo NY
Screenshot_20191119-153419~2.png

No VIN but just got a text update from some number:

'Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 12/1 and 12/9. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.'

Random Chicago number, not my SA. Possibly someone at the delivery center with a Chicago area code or possibly some hooligans playing the ultimate prank on me. I don't know!

This is the exact text message I got. No VIN on page or source. I just sent it to my SA to ask him how realistic the window is.

From all that I've gleaned about production at Fremont, the -only- factor is trim. So when SR+ are being cranked out, color/seats/wheels have no bearing on production order.

I wonder how big the batch is before they switch to next trim. I.E. Do they make every currently booked SR+ in the current batch, even those who ordered this week, or do they do a week of SR+(several thousand) then switch to the next trim the next week and keep doing that through the backorder.

Did all of you getting the text today buying an SR+?

This is the exact text message I got. No VIN on page or source. I just sent it to my SA to ask him how realistic the window is.

ordered on 10/12, I got this text this afternoon for delivery at Fremont.

Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 11/22 and 11/30. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.