Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only MSM I'm seeing at Costa Mesa is a LR w/ black interior and 18" aero wheels.

The MSM cars I was looking at were in Buena Park and Marina Del Rey. They were MSM SR+ w/ black interior, but had 18" aero wheels. Unfortunately both places said they can't swap out the wheels and adjust the price, and that they must sell it in its current configuration. There's a MSM w/ black interior and 19" sport wheels, but it's LR model located at Buena Park and Santa Barbara.

I'm looking for a SR+ spec like what's in my sig (MSM, black interior, 19" sport wheels), but I'm only seeing ones with 18" aero wheels, or if it has 19" wheels then it has white interior.
@SDM44 Looks like we're waiting in the same boat - waiting on the same build down here in SoCal. I saw those in the existing inventory as well and briefly considered going with the white interior. Going to stay strong though and play the long game - will keep you posted. Good luck!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
any update on your side... i am in same dark zone ... nothing moving...
I ended up talking with the SA to get the car switched to one they were showing as inventory. Really happy I did. Ended up switching to black interior and 19"s but the car looks great and is a really high VIN. I decided that black seats are better anyway for a family with 3 large black dogs.

Once we got it switched over, they were ready to deliver that evening, but we couldn't make it until Tuesday due to work. Delivery went well. They weren't doing the completely hands-off delivery in Bellevue. The center was open, we met with the delivery folks inside, signed paperwork, got a quick orientation.

No regrets.

I ended up talking with the SA to get the car switched to one they were showing as inventory. Really happy I did. Ended up switching to black interior and 19"s but the car looks great and is a really high VIN. I decided that black seats are better anyway for a family with 3 large black dogs.

Once we got it switched over, they were ready to deliver that evening, but we couldn't make it until Tuesday due to work. Delivery went well. They weren't doing the completely hands-off delivery in Bellevue. The center was open, we met with the delivery folks inside, signed paperwork, got a quick orientation.

No regrets.
Down here in SoCal - a rep from the delivery center called me asking if I’d like to switch to a config in existing inventory. Ultimately I passed and said I’ll wait and keep my fingers crossed for what I ordered.

On a positive note, there were quite a bit of new additions to the inventory as of this morning. A lot more white M3s, Aero wheels, black interior. Hoping this is just the first wave of the last few deliveries coming down here from the factory.

Down here in SoCal - a rep from the delivery center called me asking if I’d like to switch to a config in existing inventory. Ultimately I passed and said I’ll wait and keep my fingers crossed for what I ordered.

On a positive note, there were quite a bit of new additions to the inventory as of this morning. A lot more white M3s, Aero wheels, black interior. Hoping this is just the first wave of the last few deliveries coming down here from the factory.
that's great news. My config is white exterior and black interior. I saw a bunch of Blue Model 3s in the inventory recently and was wondering when they were building the white ones. Hopefully we'll get our hands on one soon

Down here in SoCal ......

there were quite a bit of new additions to the inventory as of this morning. A lot more white M3s, Aero wheels, black interior. Hoping this is just the first wave of the last few deliveries coming down here from the factory.

I've noticed that as well. Lots of new Model 3 SR+ models with black interior and 18" aero wheels, or there's a bunch with 19" sport wheels and white interiors.

Can't find anything local or on the West Coast with 19" wheels and black interior (except for blue) , in a color that I would consider buying, unless I want to pay more and get a LR in the So Cal area.

Still being hopeful to see if anything changes this weekend, but if inventory doesn't change by Monday 3/30, then I doubt there will be anything new coming in after that until the factory starts back up.

Anyone still waiting for a VIN after 3 weeks+?
No VIN after 6 weeks, going on 7 this week.

I’m waiting to see what happens at the end of this week, as I have a feeling the Bay Area lockdown for non-essential businesses will get extended from its tentative end date of 4/7. Then, I don’t expect to see a VIN until at least a week or two after the Fremont factory can start producing cars again, whenever that’ll be.

I’m waiting to see what happens at the end of this week, as I have a feeling the Bay Area lockdown for non-essential businesses will get extended from its tentative end date of 4/7. Then, I don’t expect to see a VIN until at least a week or two after the Fremont factory can start producing cars again, whenever that’ll be.
Where are you located and what's your configuration? On the order tracking sheet, most people are getting VINs after a week or so recently..

bro not sure if this has been shared in this thread, but, reach out to @TypeRx and have him share his sales rep with you.

I was in the same boat as you (no vin) and when i reached out to him and got his reps info, within minutes she called me ON HER DAY OFF mind you, and gave me this "hotline" email to a very helpful gentlemen. in less than 18 hours he found my EXACT car! they are in mission viejo. i had to pick my car up in costa mesa (it was in carlsbad and he had it shipped up to costa mesa) friday and it is free of flaws.

bro not sure if this has been shared in this thread, but, reach out to @TypeRx and have him share his sales rep with you.

I was in the same boat as you (no vin) and when i reached out to him and got his reps info, within minutes she called me ON HER DAY OFF mind you, and gave me this "hotline" email to a very helpful gentlemen. in less than 18 hours he found my EXACT car! they are in mission viejo. i had to pick my car up in costa mesa (it was in carlsbad and he had it shipped up to costa mesa) friday and it is free of flaws.
Awesome. When was your config date and the config you ended up with?

9th Week no VIN... i am unable to decode @TypeRx - can you please elaborate

Thanks. Reached out and got his rep's info and spoke to her, but unfortunately she's physically not able to go into the office during this time to assist, so I'm kind of back to square one.

I'm ready to buy now and I'd like to pick up a car before the end of the month/quarter, but I don't need to since I've been working from home for the past few weeks, and will most likely keep working from home until the end of April or sometime in May when our offices open back up. So I have some time to keep searching inventory or wait and see when the Fremont factory starts pumping out cars again.

• Informative
Reactions: 12ed5ive
Nice; congrats that your waiting is over! What config did you ultimately choose?

Almost the same config.... SR+ in MSM with black interior, but with 18" aero wheels.

A couple of things sealed the deal for me:

1) My finance rate dropped quite a bit when I applied for a new Tesla loan, as it's now 2.29% APR (US Bank). That made a substantial difference in my payments from my original order, even with a lower order price.

2) I found an oem wheels retailer nearby who has both new 19" sport wheels & tires, and new 20" performance wheels (silver) & tires. He will give me a good trade-in deal on my 18" aero wheels if I'm interested - I'm trying to decide whether to just hang onto my 18's and keep as a spare. Otherwise, the price with the trade-in for the 19's would be cheaper than Tesla's $1500 upgrade option, but I'm leaving towards the 20" perf wheels.

I'm scheduled for home delivery at 5pm today, and I already have a bunch of parts & accessories that I've ordered for it a few weeks back, ready to get installed and go into the car tonight. Then I'll pick up the new set of wheels tomorrow, and then drop the car off later this week for PPF, ceramic coating, tint, and chrome delete.

Almost the same config.... SR+ in MSM with black interior, but with 18" aero wheels.

A couple of things sealed the deal for me:

1) My finance rate dropped quite a bit when I applied for a new Tesla loan, as it's now 2.29% APR (US Bank). That made a substantial difference in my payments from my original order, even with a lower order price.

2) I found an oem wheels retailer nearby who has both new 19" sport wheels & tires, and new 20" performance wheels (silver) & tires. He will give me a good trade-in deal on my 18" aero wheels if I'm interested - I'm trying to decide whether to just hang onto my 18's and keep as a spare. Otherwise, the price with the trade-in for the 19's would be cheaper than Tesla's $1500 upgrade option, but I'm leaving towards the 20" perf wheels.

I'm scheduled for home delivery at 5pm today, and I already have a bunch of parts & accessories that I've ordered for it a few weeks back, ready to get installed and go into the car tonight. Then I'll pick up the new set of wheels tomorrow, and then drop the car off later this week for PPF, ceramic coating, tint, and chrome delete.

Awesome! Let us know how your delivery goes.