Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just refreshed my account page for the 10th time today and finally see a VIN!!

SR+ ordered 11/1, aero, white on white, no FSD. I'm in NJ, taking delivery at the Livingston SC. Delivery window updated from 12/7-12/31 to 12/9-12/15 VIN: 5YJ3E1EA4MF85xxxx

Any way I can look up the build date using the VIN somewhere? Or would it be easier to just call the SC and ask where the car is?

Just refreshed my account page for the 10th time today and finally see a VIN!!

SR+ ordered 11/1, aero, white on white, no FSD. I'm in NJ, taking delivery at the Livingston SC. Delivery window updated from 12/7-12/31 to 12/9-12/15 VIN: 5YJ3E1EA4MF85xxxx

Any way I can look up the build date using the VIN somewhere? Or would it be easier to just call the SC and ask where the car is?

EDIT: Springfield SC not Livingston lol

Has any of you in California recently received a VIN or something with the new $1,500 Clean Fuel Reward applied?

I ordered mine in late October, have yet to receive a VIN (estimated delivery 12/9 - 12/30), and I still don't have the clean fuel reward applied (whereas I've seen people get it?).

Has any of you in California recently received a VIN or something with the new $1,500 Clean Fuel Reward applied?

I ordered mine in late October, have yet to receive a VIN (estimated delivery 12/9 - 12/30), and I still don't have the clean fuel reward applied (whereas I've seen people get it?).

No VIN yet but Tesla SA confirmed that $1,500 will be deducted from the payment on delivery day.

• Informative
Reactions: cerealzealot
Ordered on Oct 24 onsite in VA

Told the representative that I need the vehicle fast and he told me it will be ready by end of Nov

Got my first delivery estimate to Nov 26~ Dec 14, changed to Nov 21 ~ Dec 03.. which really got me excited.

It was then moved to Dec 03 ~ Dec 31.. and now it has moved again to Dec 13 ~ Dec 27. and received no VIN

Emailed the representative multiple times and he told me I am in good condition and no need to worry.. but now I am furious.

Tesla is not answering my call and it is their business hour I am wondering what happened.

Got SR with Grey color and no other changes.. and got FSD before the price go up.

Trapped in my home without a car for more then 1 month and it is getting really annoying.

Told the representative that I need the vehicle fast and he told me it will be ready by end of Nov

Got my first delivery estimate to Nov 26~ Dec 14, changed to Nov 21 ~ Dec 03.. which really got me excited.

It was then moved to Dec 03 ~ Dec 31.. and now it has moved again to Dec 13 ~ Dec 27. and received no VIN

Emailed the representative multiple times and he told me I am in good condition and no need to worry.. but now I am furious.

Tesla is not answering my call and it is their business hour I am wondering what happened.

Got SR with Grey color and no other changes.. and got FSD before the price go up.

Trapped in my home without a car for more then 1 month and it is getting really annoying.
For what it's worth, my SA also told me a late November delivery was likely (ordered October 20). I thought that maybe things had improved since last year, given a new factory in China and much demand displaced to the Model Y. I was naive lol.

Nearly same situation. Ordered 10/16. Dates kept changing. Now 12/14-12/28. MSM SR+. No vin. Pickup in Charlotte.

Same situation. At least we are getting updated windows and the timing has been narrowed down. Something tells me by weekend end we should have VINS? (wishful thinking?)

Yes, it was applied. I can't remember exactly when, but I think it was around the time my VIN showed up. I didn't have to do anything, it just showed up automatically before I took delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: cerealzealot

This is a repeating theme - calling Tesla, getting a estimated delivery date, then that date changes. The reps have no control over the manufacturing process. Cars are manufactured on Tesla's time table - which is constantly changing (new orders, cancelled orders, parts shortages, manufacturing problems and so on).

It is really important to understand that the cars are not made to (your) order. They are simply produced in batches (same model configuration, color, seats). Once a batch of cars get finished, the vins are assigned to the orders that match this car configuration.

My guess is the grey color is the issue. Maybe it will get done by the end of the year.

Repeatedly calling Tesla will not change anything. They have people lined up to buy these cars. Cancel your order and someone else will get it (in seconds).

• Disagree
Reactions: Maan and EngRyan
This is a repeating theme - calling Tesla, getting a estimated delivery date, then that date changes. The reps have no control over the manufacturing process. Cars are manufactured on Tesla's time table - which is constantly changing (new orders, cancelled orders, parts shortages, manufacturing problems and so on).

It is really important to understand that the cars are not made to (your) order. They are simply produced in batches (same model configuration, color, seats). Once a batch of cars get finished, the vins are assigned to the orders that match this car configuration.

My guess is the grey color is the issue. Maybe it will get done by the end of the year.

Repeatedly calling Tesla will not change anything. They have people lined up to buy these cars. Cancel your order and someone else will get it (in seconds).

I have a white on white standard range plus. Ordered 2 months ago, still havenot received the vin. My friend ordered the same config two weeks after me, we both live in SF and he already picked his car up. So, your statement about making in batches is true but I think they dont priortize people based on who ordered first. They at least need to focus on delivering to people who placed the order first.

I have a white on white standard range plus. Ordered 2 months ago, still havenot received the vin. My friend ordered the same config two weeks after me, we both live in SF and he already picked his car up. So, your statement about making in batches is true but I think they dont priortize people based on who ordered first. They at least need to focus on delivering to people who placed the order first.

You are correct. There is no priority for ordering early. I don't think the computer program even takes that into account.

Was there any difference in completing the "paperwork" requirements (between you and your friend)? Differences in financing?

I agree with you that the early orders should have priority (with the same model, color, options).