Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I literally was about to ask everyone how long after the Trade-In Text do people usually get the Delivery Text, but it seems like everyone including those that just got their VINs today received that Text. Hopefully, it means that we'll get our cars soon.

Ps. Florida People. I went to my local Tesla Dealership and verified. My car is currently in West Virginia (Approximately a 3 Day Drive to Florida...) Maybe some other Florida Cars are also heading this way...
Eh I don’t know how much stock to put in that trade-in text..I ordered my car on 5/31 and I got the trade text on Thursday 6/4. My EDD is July 19-aug 8. I did select cash payment so I don’t know if that has anything to do with expedition of this…

The long journey comes to a close. The shipping company I used (Lynden Transport) was great, I got to follow the boat's location on a tracking map while obsessively checking the Tesla app to make sure my car was okay. Despite constant checking, it only lost 6% charge over the course of a week. They shipped it in a covered container and were very familiar with Teslas, I felt like it was in good hands. Now to buy cleaning supplies, Alaskan bugs can't get enough of the front bumper!
Very glad to hear it made it over there safely. Glad you got a good transport company too! Enjoy your car!

If anyone in this forum is new to the EV world and is looking to jump on the tax credits here's a short and sweet of it.

1 - As of today right this sec Tesla does NOT have any of the Government Tax credits of the $7500 they have sold their amount
2 - Some states like California has credits that you can apply for but not all states do
3 - The "Green Cares Act" that is being thrown around and saying that they will bring back the Federal Tax Credit up to $12,000/12,500 has not cleared all areas of the government. EVEN if it did Tesla would only qualify for a portion of it. The fine print in the bill states "American" made cars...

Now I know #3 is a vague one because the companies that are coming out or even companies that are in the market as of today cars are being built in/out of the US... I look at it like this, if they pass it GREAT if they don't oh well.
I understand the government is trying to push for EV to kill the gas cars off but you have to remember what drives the US "Trucks/SUVS"

The Government shouldn't be giving free money (Though I wouldn't say no :D ) but the government should be looking to PUSH for higher standards on the batteries (Quicker Charging and bigger capacity) like they do for MPG on cars and a broaden infrastructure that can support higher number of EVs that will be charging. Remember the EV market is a spec on the map compared to Gas cars... If the tables were to turn our global energy infrastructure would crumble because of the amount of energy it would take to charge the cars blackouts would be non stop.

The way it sounds is this "Green Cares Act" wants to do this it wants to invest into the infrastructure and EVs with the tax credit... Problem is the Government a good portion of it doesn't want EVs.... why is that.... because the Oil Companies would be gone and well not to get into politics but there would be not so happy people in congress :D

Sorry for my rant and just so I'm clear these are my views... I'm pro EV 100% but the world as a whole needs to understand investing into the infrastructure should be #1 priority to make this work

Reactions: GiFer
I literally was about to ask everyone how long after the Trade-In Text do people usually get the Delivery Text, but it seems like everyone including those that just got their VINs today received that Text. Hopefully, it means that we'll get our cars soon.

Ps. Florida People. I went to my local Tesla Dealership and verified. My car is currently in West Virginia (Approximately a 3 Day Drive to Florida...) Maybe some other Florida Cars are also heading this way...
delivery for mine on 6/19,Orlando

Reactions: GiFer
Thanks all for barreling though this order (and mostly waiting) process together. I hate to hear that others are still waiting especially those who ordered in March or April. Below is just a "round-up" of my experience for those who might find it useful. I will say that people's experiences have varied WILDLY so take this with a grain of salt. Also as an FYI, my sales advisor (SA) was mostly responsive but slow to reply. I found just calling the general number and talking to whoever answered to be more useful. I never spoke to anyone at the Salt Lake City "dealership".

• Ordered on May 1 for pick-up in Salt Lake City, UT
    • SR+ Midnight Silver, Black Interior, 18" Areo wheels, No FSD
  • Initial estimated delivery date (EDD) was 6-9 weeks. This changed almost daily.
    • 26 May - 15 June
    • 11 - 30 June
    • 18-30 June
    • 14-30 June
    • 3-30 June
    • SA said 16-26 June most likely
    • 14-26 June
    • Disappeared for 3-4 days (around the end of May
  • TeslaVision prompt and VIN on June 1 (EDD changed to 4-10 June)
  • Delivery schedule text today, June 3
  • Delivery scheduled for June 8

Overall the initial 6-9 week estimate was fairly accurate and arguably, while you will see some say they are useless which is fair for others, the EDDs were cautious estimates which Tesla beat in most cases by about a week or so.

Thanks again all, I'll post a picture when I have her!
Sorry to do this to those waiting, but I promised I would share a photo when I got her. She is beautiful; worth the wait! Hang in there!

IMG_8863.jpg