Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else received a VIN and once you made payment it auto-scheduled delivery appointment for 2.5 weeks out? Mine is scheduled for an appointment between 9 am and 6 pm on 8/1 (not an actual time). No one has reached out to me from Tesla. I’ve left messages (on 7/14 and today) and no response. Never received any texts regarding VIN, payment, delivery.

Does this sound strange to anyone else? I just get this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that my VIN will disappear one day and I’ll still be waiting months longer.

They do come with carpet floor mats. Its just not all weather like most would prefer.
I’ve purchased the ones from tesla just today as opposed to going with some amazon brand just for the sake of branding but not that it makes much of a difference.
If I recall correctly the Tesla floor mats are manufactured by Weathertech, which is a pretty good manufacturer of all weather floor mats

First time poster here. I figured I would give my updates:
Ordered 5/30: SR+, white/black, 18" Aeros, no FSD. As basic as it gets. Initial EDD was 3-13 weeks. Completed loan application and insurance upload on the same day.
7/1: EDD changed to July 10 - July 30
7/1: EDD changed to 9-13 weeks
7/10: EDD changed to July 12 - July 23
7/11: EDD changed to 8-12 weeks

No VIN received.

I'm located in the Central Valley in CA, about 80 miles from the Fremont plant.

An update:

After my 7/11 post, the EDD would bounce between July 18-Aug 6 and the standard 8-12 weeks.

On 7/17, I checked the myaccount page around 7am and got the Tesla Vision prompt. The page had my VIN populated. About 1 hour later I got a text saying that my car was being delivered to the service center (Stockton, CA) with a link to schedule the pickup. I could pick a time between 7/22 and 7/25. As soon as I selected my pickup date/time, I got an email saying that I needed to go to the myaccount and pay the amount due (only $2400ish, the rest is financed) before the scheduled pickup date. After that was done, myaccount said that I would receive the final loan documents 24 hours before my pickup date.

So far, so good!

If I recall correctly the Tesla floor mats are manufactured by Weathertech, which is a pretty good manufacturer of all weather floor mats
Yeah weathertech was my next best option but figured I’d just go with Teslas due to the in-house sort of appeal.
Kind of interesting to know they supply for these too though, since I can vouch for their quality but prefer the manufacturers branding not weathertechs.

The last week or so, my EDD stays the same for 3-4 days and then changes. So I’m holding steady at 8/20-9/9 for now. Hoping this is a useless number and that I get a VIN soon. All of you getting VINs is giving me hope, though. Post pics when you pick up so I can live vicariously through you 😂

I got :

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery​

Do you think I need to call Delivery center and let them know that I will bring Certified check at the time of pickup? I would prefer to inspect the car, before handing over the payment and I do not want to give my banking information to Plaid.

Reactions: CCRM3
The last week or so, my EDD stays the same for 3-4 days and then changes. So I’m holding steady at 8/20-9/9 for now. Hoping this is a useless number and that I get a VIN soon. All of you getting VINs is giving me hope, though. Post pics when you pick up so I can live vicariously through you 😂
Mine has held strong at 8/15 - 9/4 for about 4 days now.
Probably means nothing as others have said. But I am still refreshing existing inventory like crazy. I’m ready for this vehicle to be in my life!

Anyone else have trouble with their SA going MIA? Mine was pretty receptive to answering questions after ordering, but now isn't responding to texts. Mine had me change my payment from finance to cash early in the process because he said that it would "streamline" things. But now that my delivery date is approaching, I need to go ahead and get my financing and trade-in squared away and I'd like to get it switched back to financing.

Is there anyone else that I can contact to reset my payment option in my order?

Anyone else have trouble with their SA going MIA? Mine was pretty receptive to answering questions after ordering, but now isn't responding to texts. Mine had me change my payment from finance to cash early in the process because he said that it would "streamline" things. But now that my delivery date is approaching, I need to go ahead and get my financing and trade-in squared away and I'd like to get it switched back to financing.

Perhaps you could call or email your SA, rather than going over their head. If there wasn't any response, just use chat box on tesla's website; they respond quick. In most scenarios, they would just get your SA to contact you afterwards with answers or solutions. I don't know if it would a good idea to try to change SA, but I guess you could ask them if you really feel like it.

Reactions: CCRM3 and MisterL

I had the same issue, you can email: [email protected]

I emailed my SA, waited 3-4 days, and no reply. If you email auto finance, they will pair you with your SA but it appears to have some much higher importance/urgency because then and only then did my SA reply back to me after making the config change. Took about 1 day for them to make the payment change.

Perhaps you could call or email your SA, rather than going over their head. If there wasn't any response, just use chat box on tesla's website; they respond quick. In most scenarios, they would just get your SA to contact you afterwards with answers or solutions. I don't know if it would a good idea to try to change SA, but I guess you could ask them if you really feel like it.
Great advice. I would also recommend chatting on the Tesla website. You may get passed around a couple of times, but someone should be able to make that modification to your payment method. If for some reason they can’t through the chat, ask them to provide you with the order support email address for the location you’ll be picking up from. I’ve never heard from my SA, but I’ve had good success with emailing order support. Good luck, keep us updated! ❤️

Reactions: CCRM3 and VivekDr
Yeah, I texted, called (voicemail), and emailed. Just did the chat, and they said they would reach out to my SA and I'd hear back in 24-48 hours.
I had the same issue, you can email: [email protected]

I emailed my SA, waited 3-4 days, and no reply. If you email auto finance, they will pair you with your SA but it appears to have some much higher importance/urgency because then and only then did my SA reply back to me after making the config change. Took about 1 day for them to make the payment change.
Doh, wish I had seen this first, I would have just emailed them :)

Has anyone else received a VIN and once you made payment it auto-scheduled delivery appointment for 2.5 weeks out? Mine is scheduled for an appointment between 9 am and 6 pm on 8/1 (not an actual time). No one has reached out to me from Tesla. I’ve left messages (on 7/14 and today) and no response. Never received any texts regarding VIN, payment, delivery.

Does this sound strange to anyone else? I just get this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that my VIN will disappear one day and I’ll still be waiting months longer.
So update: while I was picking up my car from the mechanic (not a transmission issue, most-likely turbo and catalytic converters need replaced), I was 12 minutes from the Tesla showroom and the transmission mechanic urged me to go to Tesla, walk in and talk to someone .. and I did.

For whatever reason, my SA (who is also my Delivery Advisor) set my appointment for 01 August.. even though my vehicle is set to arrive on 24 July. Why would they schedule my appointment 8 days after arrival?! I requested to move that date. The earliest the person at Tesla would “allow” me to schedule was 10 am on 26 July.

I’m SUPER disappointed that my SA was not transparent with me, dodged my phone calls, texts, and emails. That he did not give me the information of when my vehicle would arrive, that he didn’t ask me when I wanted to schedule my appointment date - all the while acting as my friend. When I reached out to ask him if it was possible that I’d get my vehicle prior to 8/1 because my ICE vehicle broke down, he dismissed it.

So, for anyone this may help out: Go to your Tesla location in person!!! Talk to someone and ask them questions in person. It’s the ONLY way I was able to get answers. If your SA is screwing around with you.. go to Tesla. They KNOW your EDD and when the vehicle will arrive at the showroom. Don’t let them toy with you! If it’s not possible to go in person.. TRY your best to just make the trip. It was worth it for me to understand what was going on.. shady business.. and ask for an appointment date when the vehicle arrives.

I suspect they wanted to use my car for 8 days to allow test drives. When I went there.. they had dozens and dozens of Tesla vehicles in the front lot.. and people were coming in to test drive, so whatever my SA said before about them not having vehicles for test drive.. BS!! If they were out and now have dozens.. where are our vehicles we purchased?!

So update: while I was picking up my car from the mechanic (not a transmission issue, most-likely turbo and catalytic converters need replaced), I was 12 minutes from the Tesla showroom and the transmission mechanic urged me to go to Tesla, walk in and talk to someone .. and I did.

For whatever reason, my SA (who is also my Delivery Advisor) set my appointment for 01 August.. even though my vehicle is set to arrive on 24 July. Why would they schedule my appointment 8 days after arrival?! I requested to move that date. The earliest the person at Tesla would “allow” me to schedule was 10 am on 26 July.

I’m SUPER disappointed that my SA was not transparent with me, dodged my phone calls, texts, and emails. That he did not give me the information of when my vehicle would arrive, that he didn’t ask me when I wanted to schedule my appointment date - all the while acting as my friend. When I reached out to ask him if it was possible that I’d get my vehicle prior to 8/1 because my ICE vehicle broke down, he dismissed it.

So, for anyone this may help out: Go to your Tesla location in person!!! Talk to someone and ask them questions in person. It’s the ONLY way I was able to get answers. If your SA is screwing around with you.. go to Tesla. They KNOW your EDD and when the vehicle will arrive at the showroom. Don’t let them toy with you! If it’s not possible to go in person.. TRY your best to just make the trip. It was worth it for me to understand what was going on.. shady business.. and ask for an appointment date when the vehicle arrives.

I suspect they wanted to use my car for 8 days to allow test drives. When I went there.. they had dozens and dozens of Tesla vehicles in the front lot.. and people were coming in to test drive, so whatever my SA said before about them not having vehicles for test drive.. BS!! If they were out and now have dozens.. where are our vehicles we purchased?!
Now I'm very curious. Can you tell me the first 3 letters of your SA's name. Hope he is not my SA too🤞

When I reached out to ask him if it was possible that I’d get my vehicle prior to 8/1 because my ICE vehicle broke down, he dismissed it.
That in itself is infuriating. Tesla has never been known for its service and communication and now with the increased demand; they weren't able to keep up before, they're definitely not able to keep up now.

I would give that mechanic a little bonus tip for that haha, he essentially saved you a few days of waiting around!!

Reactions: Eddie509 and CCRM3