Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tenor.gif

EDD causes 98% stress and 2% excitement. Close your browser and go get a frappuccino or something else nice for yourself.
*starts checking Starbucks cup for a better EDD*

Ordered a SR+ Last week after being offered an insane trade in value for my used 2016 MX p100dL (more than I paid for it). Edd was 9/7 - 9/23, and also was switched to 8-14 weeks today (NY) Will have to resubmit my trade in valuation end of august as final valuation expires 30 days after acceptance. If Tesla bait and switches me on the updated trade in value will be a deal breaker for me.

Be sure to learn the Energy Screen, especially the Trip tab. Trip tab works when the on-board navigation system is plotting the route to your destination. Trip tab will show two lines...projected and actual. Makes it easy to determine if you'll meet, exceed or come in below the projection and adjust accordingly.

Change the battery icon to show percentage...it's range estimate is worthless.
I went on my first road trip in my SR+. About a 360 mile R/T drive over 2 days. No destination charging available at the hotel. I didn't really pay attention to the range estimated left vs actual usage on the way up since I knew I had to stop in the middle for a Supercharge (Supercharging was problem free btw. My referral miles were already loaded into my account).

On the way back home, after Supercharging to about 80% before starting the trip back, the mileage estimate said I had about a 20 mile buffer. It fluctuated between 17-27 miles, and got home with around 18 mile left. Pretty much drove the speed limit the whole way with AC set to 72 or so on lower speeds.

For those who grabbed a car from current inventory, how fast was the turn around time to delivery? My original order got the 8-14 weeks EDD but the car from current inventory has no EDD this morning.
FWIW I snagged a 2017 Model S last year from Tesla's existing inventory and I was immediately prompted for payment, VIN was assigned already, never made it to fully purchasing but my SA reached out over phone and text and was very communicative. Almost too communicative.

Reactions: megansblonde
:D Scheduled for pick up on Sunday in Scottsdale AZ! :D
Collected my new M3 SR+ in Scottsdale last evening. Totally contactless: I followed the instructions texted to me. Even parked in the shade (105 deg outside!) Spent nearly an hour going over everything; only issue is that the drivers door is a little heavy - needs a fairly heavy hand to close. I'll see how that works out and perhaps get it fixed soon. Also, who knew that the wipers don't work if the door is open! Came with ~60% charge.
Now to find someone to apply PPF - any recommendations for NW valley?

Attachments

• PXL_20210801_225326476.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210801_225326476.MP.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 44
FWIW I snagged a 2017 Model S last year from Tesla's existing inventory and I was immediately prompted for payment, VIN was assigned already, never made it to fully purchasing but my SA reached out over phone and text and was very communicative. Almost too communicative.
I emailed my SA last night so awaiting their response. Just waiting on final agreement, delivery date, and payment from what I can tell.

Reactions: NB Hip fan