Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my new M3 SR+ in Scottsdale last evening. Totally contactless: I followed the instructions texted to me. Even parked in the shade (105 deg outside!) Spent nearly an hour going over everything; only issue is that the drivers door is a little heavy - needs a fairly heavy hand to close. I'll see how that works out and perhaps get it fixed soon. Also, who knew that the wipers don't work if the door is open! Came with ~60% charge.
Now to find someone to apply PPF - any recommendations for NW valley?

That's where I'm confused. Is it supposed to be contactless every time? I got an email saying that but some people here seems to have had someone give them their car?
Anyway, congrats, hopefully the door issue resolves itself.

Ordered a SR+ Last week after being offered an insane trade in value for my used 2016 MX p100dL (more than I paid for it). Edd was 9/7 - 9/23, and also was switched to 8-14 weeks today (NY) Will have to resubmit my trade in valuation end of august as final valuation expires 30 days after acceptance. If Tesla bait and switches me on the updated trade in value will be a deal breaker for me.
It will happen Tesla did it to me and many others

Reactions: NB Hip fan
7/23 order date white/black no upgrade. Cash no trade in. Pennsylvania. Been fluctuating between and of August and end of September. Today it also went to 8 to 14 weeks. Hopefully us east coast buyers will get mid or late September to complete the quarter.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
For those who grabbed a car from current inventory, how fast was the turn around time to delivery? My original order got the 8-14 weeks EDD but the car from current inventory has no EDD this morning.
Inventory is a hit or miss for most. There isn’t a set turnaround for inventory as a whole. The vehicle is either “in transit” “in location” or “outside of range”.
In transit is from cali directly meaning you would have to wait even longer for that turnaround.
In location is highly unlikely unless someone refused delivery and it was put for you then you arrange transport to your local SC.
Outside of range would be anything outside of the 200 miles where you’re checking external sites for inventory and are forced to pay a transport fee of an absurd amount like $1000-2000.

Inventory vehicles will apply a VIN instantly as they are already produced but timing on the agreements and delivery vary by where it is in relation to you and how long it’ll take to get back.
My inventory vehicle had a turnaround of a week and 3 days but it was still in Cali at the time of purchase. Vin showed instantly but agreements and TV prompt were delayed by around 10 hours or so into the next day.

Praying you get your car but inventory is very hit or miss in terms of who actually owns it since so many people are trying to buy up inventory at the exact same time. Might not actually be your order and end up being another horror story to read on here. I genuinely hope yours isn’t the case but you can never be too sure.

Reactions: megansblonde
Ordered 5/20 in Miami, FL - white/black/aero/No FSD - original estimate 7 -12 weeks (latest date should be August 12th)
Accepted finance terms in mid July.
EDD going back and forth as everyone, currently 8 - 14 weeks (I know it will change to sooner) - Tesla SA told me a couple of weeks ago that he expects my car August 15th aprox.
Have to say that my SA has been very helpful and extremely communicative.

Reactions: jfguerrero
Inventory is a hit or miss for most. There isn’t a set turnaround for inventory as a whole. The vehicle is either “in transit” “in location” or “outside of range”.
In transit is from cali directly meaning you would have to wait even longer for that turnaround.
In location is highly unlikely unless someone refused delivery and it was put for you then you arrange transport to your local SC.
Outside of range would be anything outside of the 200 miles where you’re checking external sites for inventory and are forced to pay a transport fee of an absurd amount like $1000-2000.

Inventory vehicles will apply a VIN instantly as they are already produced but timing on the agreements and delivery vary by where it is in relation to you and how long it’ll take to get back.
My inventory vehicle had a turnaround of a week and 3 days but it was still in Cali at the time of purchase. Vin showed instantly but agreements and TV prompt were delayed by around 10 hours or so into the next day.

Praying you get your car but inventory is very hit or miss in terms of who actually owns it since so many people are trying to buy up inventory at the exact same time. Might not actually be your order and end up being another horror story to read on here. I genuinely hope yours isn’t the case but you can never be too sure.
We got it. I'm pretty close to Fremont and this was already in a town 15 minutes from our pickup location. Just set delivery and made final payment for Wednesday morning!! I was just impatient and worried about not actually locking it down like others.

We got it. I'm pretty close to Fremont and this was already in a town 15 minutes from our pickup location. Just set delivery and made final payment for Wednesday morning!! I was just impatient and worried about not actually locking it down like others.
HOORAY!!!! a success story among friends!!!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

Just for your information...

Ordered my white, base Model 3 on July 19,
First estimate was August 26 - September 15,
Then it was delayed to September 7 - September 27,
Then delayed again to September 15, September 30,
And today, it says 8-14 weeks, instead of showing a range between exact days.
8 weeks means September 13, 14 weeks means October 25.

Just for your information...

Ordered my white, base Model 3 on July 19,
First estimate was August 26 - September 15,
Then it was delayed to September 7 - September 27,
Then delayed again to September 15, September 30,
And today, it says 8-14 weeks, instead of showing a range between exact days.
8 weeks means September 13, 14 weeks means October 25.
I order 2 days before you, 7/17 SoCal
(MSM & White interior) but my date was 9/6-9/30. Then move to 9/8-9/30, then 9/18-9/30…now 8-14 weeks too! :(

Reactions: ozan
EDD now 8/4 -> 8/16.

Front date shifted to the right, end date remains the same.

12 day spread now.

Order support message from last week did mention I should take delivery the week of 5/9 so I'm expecting a VIN by the end of this week!
Same here front date keeps on moving back, but the end is still the same Current EDD 8/4-8/15, yesterday was 8/3-/815 and the day before was 8/2 and so forth