Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to grab an M3LR off of Tesla's Inventory today but now I am having buyer's regret. It's about 10k more than the M3SR+ that I reserved. For 51k, It puts MYLR into consideration. Any thoughts from the group on MYLR vs M3LR.
Tesla3.PNG

Yowzers! That is crazy. Well, at least if you order now, you are well aware of the wait you will have versus folks here who have potentially gotten EDDs pushed back and sucked into the September "end-of-the-quarter" push.
yup. FYI for those who just ordered and have Q3 EDDs, i ordered in the middle of may and so my EDD was June 30 for 6 weeks after ordering. but June 30 came and went and i’m still waiting on a VIN. i truly hope your experience is different than mine though!!! just… prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I was able to grab an M3LR off of Tesla's Inventory today but now I am having buyer's regret. It's about 10k more than the M3SR+ that I reserved. For 51k, It puts MYLR into consideration. Any thoughts from the group on MYLR vs M3LR.
View attachment 695068
congrats on nabbing one! i wonder if you could ask in the MY or LR forums if anyone has made the switch and whether they regret it? i feel like i saw a lot of people in the model Y forum who had made the upgrade after having already had the M3.

Last edited:
View attachment 695068
It comes down to your use case now. MYLR is a great car, I really liked it when i test drove it, but it didnt see myself using all that room right now. M3LR is much more efficient vehicle but MYLR will give you less design issues cos of the big body casting. I would still go with M3, if i was in your place. If you have kids, then go for MY.

It probably depends on the loaning bank but on my loan here in Canada i can overpay as much as I want whenever I want to reduce the loan and monthly payments.
Thanks! I still need to see the agreement details but most banks here also allow extras in monthly payments. But what i am trying to get to it reduce my minimum monthly payment but putting more down upfront. When i had placed the order, i had a number in mind but i would like to get that lower.

Thanks! I still need to see the agreement details but most banks here also allow extras in monthly payments. But what i am trying to get to it reduce my minimum monthly payment but putting more down upfront. When i had placed the order, i had a number in mind but i would like to get that lower.
I'm sure you can just contact the lender they usually like more cash down anyways.

update on status.
day 2 at service center. They still cannot find out why AC is not working.
it is going in pretty funny way now.
seriously considering some other possible options now
Omg I wish you luck! Maybe they'll trade your car in for a different one? 😩 Or yeah, lemon law.

For those that financed, can you still reduce the monthly by putting more down, or is the amount due frozen once you have the prompt to pay dues before pickup?
If you tell the SA, before you do final payment, that you want that financing reset so you can re-do the down, you can.

Omg I wish you luck! Maybe they'll trade your car in for a different one? 😩 Or yeah, lemon law.

If you tell the SA, before you do final payment, that you want that financing reset so you can re-do the down, you can.

i'm going to delivery center tomorrow to see if i can refuse car. Since I couldn't open car and check before accepting for home delivery lol
Well per them if car is refused 2 + month additional wait for another one to check

tyrant here LOL

Reactions: Boss56 and Vystery
update on status.
day 2 at service center. They still cannot find out why AC is not working.
it is going in pretty funny way now.
seriously considering some other possible options now
You should look into California Lemon Laws. I don't know enough about the legal aspects of it but it's worth poking your head in.

They really dropped the ball here

Reactions: Boss56 and Vystery
i'm going to delivery center tomorrow to see if i can refuse car. Since I couldn't open car and check before accepting for home delivery lol
Well per them if car is refused 2 + month additional wait for another one to check

tyrant here LOL
Oof.. well, better than getting a dud. I'm sure when everything is actually fixed, or you have a working car, you'll still love it. ):

Hope that Tesla's QC is not being rushed.
This has me scared

Reactions: HyperionM3