Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With used car prices so high, I probably can upgrade to a new SR+ and get almost what I paid for it 14 months ago (2020 SR+ white on white, new 19” black enamel wheels) instead of waiting for an LFP model. As noted here, correctly I believe, the LFPs could be a year or more away. But, all the observations about the various advantages of LFP over NCA including the growing difficulty of mining Nickel and Cadmium, LFPs should become the standard. Perhaps launch of the Texas Giga factory in January will provide us with further clues.

Update:

SR+ Order with no options
Sacramento, CA

Ordered on 8/10
Original estimated delivery was November
Changed to Oct 8-28
Changed to Oct 2-10
Changed to Oct 5-12
Changed to Oct 15-Nov 12
Today, Changed to Oct 13-Oct 27

I haven't received a Tesla Vison email and I don't see the VIN in my account (not in the source code either)

Whoa! I just got my VIN. I had ordered an existing inventory LFP SR+ on 9/21 but had no contact from Tesla since the initial text. So I called last week and they said there was an issue with either the order or the car, the person wasn't sure. Plus my EDD was listed as 12/18 to 1/6 so that's concerning. The best they could do was look into it and that I may get a car in Dec or maybe sooner.

So just now, I clicked on "manage" (one of many times today) and it looked different, there's a "final payment" tab that I never saw before. And looking over the page, I got a VIN with the EDD now at Oct 12 - 16. Btw, the VIN is different from the one I saw when I initially order from Existing inventory that was listed in the Delivery config PDF. No telling if it's an LFP car but either way, very happy.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
It’s so awesome to know I’m not the only one. I’ve stopped calling Sahara at this point🙄 such a roller coaster
Woke up this morning to an email to make final payment. Still no VIN assigned though. How about you?

Trying to decide if we want to have the SA switch it to a lease or go through our credit union to get a loan. Without a VIN I think we will still wait til we have some confirmation that delivery is closer.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Looks like no Canadians getting any Delivery dates for now? All the people in US that got a EDD even who ordered late Sept got a EDD. mine still blank i ordered 26th Sept. Getting anxious. Lol.

9/3 SR+ order, had a Oct 29-Nov 11 date for the first two weeks and it's been blank ever since - I think we're going to be waiting until March and get the 2022 model year version, but who knows. At least the federal EV rebate is sticking around post-election.