Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the same car and also in Vegas. My order date was 9/9/21 with an EDD of 10/26-11/25
If we get our car at the same time I’m going to be livid!!!!! Lol nothing personal. That being said, if yours get pushed back don’t get too frustrated it happens to most from what I’m reading and doesn’t happen until the last minute. Don’t give up at the finish line tho! Good luck 👍🏻

It seems pretty clear that Tesla is making it as unappealing as possible to order a SR+ and instead push people into LR's and P's. The latest $2k price hike along with tacking on 3 months to a true base 3 SR+ delivery estimate vs an optioned up SR+ (putting on aero covers takes 3 months? Really? Lol). Makes sense, as margins for LR's and P's are much better than the SR+. And if they are supply constrained, prioritizing more expensive builds makes fiscal sense. It just sucks for people that ordered SR+ 3's that are getting their EDD's regularly pushed back.

Won't surprise me at all if you guys with SR+ orders with Nov/Dec EDDs end up getting bumped into next year by people reserving LR/P's right now as Tesla tries to maximize their annual numbers in the year end push.

Ordered July 10th SR + Midnight Silver with aero wheels no FSD. Seems my theory of “my car isn’t expensive enough to matter” is proving true. I had an EDD of Sept 18-30 for the loooooongest time. Ever since the 18th of sept it been a nightmare, i swear they want me to cancel. I’m still waiting with no vin, no responses to emails, and the only information i get about my car is on my account page. Which is not reliable seeing as how every time i enter my EDD (happened twice now) the second day in it pushes back. Two more week, two more weeks. Right now my EDD is oct 14- nov 11. So I’m expecting the same thing to happen again in two days. I’m in Las Vegas.
It's really frustrating and I completely hear you! We should keep calm and wait. Almost all companies are trying to make more money out of this volatile market. The worst move will be to do what these companies want and cancel the order and feed them with more money. We will get there...

Reactions: SPCCAR0922
Very frustrating indeed buddy ! I really hope this time you will get it . Its been a month my EDD is completely gone from account called their customer service they are so useless . They cant even give an EDD for a month , the rep told me even if you have one it doesn't mean much since it will change . Seriously!! their attitude sucks . I guess they dont care about all these SR+ orders as you mentioned.
After a while, I just resulted to checking the existing inventory page multiple times everyday. I finally found the SR+ with LFP battery I was really wanting Monday night and I was able to accept delivery the next day! I still can’t believe I’m a Tesla owner now! I’ve wanted a Model 3 ever since it was announced!

After a while, I just resulted to checking the existing inventory page multiple times everyday. I finally found the SR+ with LFP battery I was really wanting Monday night and I was able to accept delivery the next day! I still can’t believe I’m a Tesla owner now! I’ve wanted a Model 3 ever since it was announced!
Happy for you mate , Someday hopefully sooner rather than later I will be a proud Tesla owner too lol!

Reactions: martinmac85
This was my experience with Tesla so far. May help.

Ordered on august 22 a model 3 SR+ white/white int (nothing else extra).

supposedly all model sr+ Ordered around that time had an expected delivery date of January 2022. Which I was willing to wait to.

I went to a Tesla store near me and had a guy help me through the ordering process, I ordered it and put that I was paying cash (supposedly the Tesla guy said this would give me priority) to later be changed to Tesla financing once I had a VIN.

The next day after ordering my Tesla. The first Expected delivery date I got was November 18 - December 15 ( better than I thought it would be)

within a week the EDD changed to November 5 - December 1

a week after that it changed to October 20 - November 15

Then it got changed to October 12 - November 1

For the rest of September till a few days ago it moved around a bit but stayed in the October-November range. While everyone seemed to be getting pushed back.

On October 9th my edd got pushed back October 24 - November 22 ( boo got my hopes up for an earlier time)

Then just 2 days after that October 11th I got a VIN! Expecting delivery this Friday! Overall wait of 60 exactly from order to VIN. just shy of 2 months for me.

This was my experience with Tesla so far. May help.

Ordered on august 22 a model 3 SR+ white/white int (nothing else extra).

supposedly all model sr+ Ordered around that time had an expected delivery date of January 2022. Which I was willing to wait to.

I went to a Tesla store near me and had a guy help me through the ordering process, I ordered it and put that I was paying cash (supposedly the Tesla guy said this would give me priority) to later be changed to Tesla financing once I had a VIN.

The next day after ordering my Tesla. The first Expected delivery date I got was November 18 - December 15 ( better than I thought it would be)

within a week the EDD changed to November 5 - December 1

a week after that it changed to October 20 - November 15

Then it got changed to October 12 - November 1

For the rest of September till a few days ago it moved around a bit but stayed in the October-November range. While everyone seemed to be getting pushed back.

On October 9th my edd got pushed back October 24 - November 22 ( boo got my hopes up for an earlier time)

Then just 2 days after that October 11th I got a VIN! Expecting delivery this Friday! Overall wait of 60 exactly from order to VIN. just shy of 2 months for me.
O wow. Thats pretty quick. I actually did exact same as you know. SA placed the order for me on 26th Sept. Cash as payment for now. For few days EDD was End of Nov. Nothingbut for last 5 days. All blank no edd. I am in Canada though.