Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love that, "Vin assignment means delivery within 3 days". I got the Stealth VIN on Wednesday. Maybe I should just head down to Fremont tomorrow!
do it lol if you have time to kill and it's not too far from you. it COULD very well be there. if your car isn't there, and with all the unorganized mess goin on at Tesla, you could totally get away with "yeah somebody just called me and told me my car was ready today ... guess it's not here huh? oh well...."

Wife and I ordered on 10/27 from NJ. SR+ white ext, white int, 19". Received a vin in source code today. I have not heard anything from a SA or anyone else since ordering. Hoping it will take a few weeks until I pick up, maybe 12/15. My other car lease is not up until 2/17/20.
Congrats !!!I ordered same day with Aero wheels from NJ. I was told that my car will be leaving the factory tomorrow and will probably be here in first week of Dec. No Vin yet !!!

Tried to throw in your "Gate Date" term to see if they knew anything about that in Costa Mesa haha!

I did a general search across the forum for "gate date". There were a few other references to the term, but not many. Not sure if the person I spoke with knew what she was talking about or not. We chatted for a few minutes and I did find out that she started with Tesla last January. Not a newbie, but not a long time veteran either. I'm not sure what her position was, but she was in an office, not out on the floor doing sales. Seemed legit. We shall see.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
I ordered a White/Black, aero, no FSD on 10/4.
Last week I got a message that I should expect delivery between 10/22 and 10/30.

Went to the Tesla workshop yesterday and asked about the message. They didn't confirm any date but told me to call them back on Wednesdays if I don't get any news.

So far, no VIN on my account.

Not sure if I should post this in another thread, did lurk around. I am not sure what the difference is between SR and SR+. Is it just autopilot, immersive, and 20 miles?

Ordered in 11/14. Did not know SR existed until I found this group. (I knew that tesla changes options at a drop of a hat.)

Wife and I ordered on 10/27 from NJ. SR+ white ext, white int, 19". Received a vin in source code today. I have not heard anything from a SA or anyone else since ordering. Hoping it will take a few weeks until I pick up, maybe 12/15. My other car lease is not up until 2/17/20.
I'm in a similar situation. Ordered 10/14 to beat the price increases but have a lease ending in December. I received an apologetic call from an SA on 10/18 saying the 2 week delivery would now be some time around mid-December. Then I received an email 11/05 saying my car was ready and would be delivered 11/08. After a few emails they were able to find another home for "my" car so now it's back to waiting - and buying accessories. Hopefully those of you stressed about receiving your cars get them soon!

Per my post earlier today, pickup went off without a hitch. The whole process took about 35 minutes, with 10 of that simply topping off the M3 at the Supercharger. 5 star experience - one of the reasons I went with Tesla is being deeply fed up with dealerships. I will never buy another vehicle from a dealership ever again. PS: Hold Mode/1-Pedal Driving is amazing. I have yet to use the brakes on the M3 since bringing it home and driving it around. The M3 had some minor fit n' finish issues, primarily a small gap in the passenger side weatherstripping between the B-pillar and the frameless glass - looks like water can get in there during rains. Also, the front driver and passenger doors require a bit more force to close fully than the rear passenger doors. Not sure if that's normal. Other than those two issues, the M3 is amazing is every sense.

Per my post earlier today, pickup went off without a hitch. The whole process took about 35 minutes, with 10 of that simply topping off the M3 at the Supercharger. 5 star experience - one of the reasons I went with Tesla is being deeply fed up with dealerships. I will never buy another vehicle from a dealership ever again. PS: Hold Mode/1-Pedal Driving is amazing. I have yet to use the brakes on the M3 since bringing it home and driving it around. The M3 had some minor fit n' finish issues, primarily a small gap in the passenger side weatherstripping between the B-pillar and the frameless glass - looks like water can get in there during rains. Also, the front driver and passenger doors require a bit more force to close fully than the rear passenger doors. Not sure if that's normal. Other than those two issues, the M3 is amazing is every sense.

Congrats! It sounds like it came with V.10.

First off, CONGRATS!
Tell me everything! I have the exact same trim, OD 10/11 and same delivery center to pick up from.
How was your delivery experience (quality of car and service), how many cars you've seen, any news from MDRey?
Thanks! Delivery was really easy, service was good, only a couple of other parties there - one picking up the same spec as me. The car is in great condition, only noticed a bit of excess glue in one spot that came right off no problem. I was contacted to schedule the pickup only 4 or 5 days prior, so I hustled to get financing and insurance arranged in time but other than that, no worries. I'm only on software v9.something though, hopefully I can get the update soon.

Thanks! Delivery was really easy, service was good, only a couple of other parties there - one picking up the same spec as me. The car is in great condition, only noticed a bit of excess glue in one spot that came right off no problem. I was contacted to schedule the pickup only 4 or 5 days prior, so I hustled to get financing and insurance arranged in time but other than that, no worries. I'm only on software v9.something though, hopefully I can get the update soon.

Thank you. I’ve actually called them to find out if they are doing deliveries on Thanksgiving and asked if they had started doing deliveries and she said no. I was like, “no deliveries at all since the beginning of October?” She said, no deliveries at all.
So glad to hear you’re defying their reality!!! Haha. 4-5 days is good intel, I’m gonna be away from Wed-Sat for thanksgiving so fingers crossed i don’t get the 3 day window smack in the middle of thanksgiving

Thank you. I’ve actually called them to find out if they are doing deliveries on Thanksgiving and asked if they had started doing deliveries and she said no. I was like, “no deliveries at all since the beginning of October?” She said, no deliveries at all.
So glad to hear you’re defying their reality!!! Haha. 4-5 days is good intel, I’m gonna be away from Wed-Sat for thanksgiving so fingers crossed i don’t get the 3 day window smack in the middle of thanksgiving

I have a good feeling a lot of us are going to get VINS and call this week. But I doubt that lady on the phone was giving accurate information. I find it hard to believe a center would be up and operational without doing deliveries since October. There are deliveries in small amounts, not as big as the wave thats about to hit them lol. We are just around the corner.

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae