Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Advisor emailed me my VIN yesterday and let me know my car (White/Black SR+, 18" Aero, no FSD) is currently in transit to KC and the 11/28-12/6 delivery I received in the initial text was still good. I received a text from Tesla shortly after and the earliest date for delivery I could schedule was 12/11. VIN is still not showing up on my Tesla account page yet though so that's a bit weird based on order of events I've seen described by others here. Seems like I'm likely getting my car either next week or the following week which is great news, would just be nice to have a bit more clarity on timing so I can coordinate with my credit union for final payment.

I'm in the same spot as you having received a text that my vehicle would be arriving between 12/1 - 12/9 but then receiving a text on Sunday giving me a window of 12/13-12/15 for delivery. I picked the 14th cause it's the first time I had availability and then it populated on my page as such. Despite not having a vin or anything, this feels quite secure seeing as it has appeared on my page so I'll believe this over anything else right now.

I checked all day then again at 5pm, nothing.
7pm after dinner, boom VIN

I emailed my SA a screenshot of the chrome extension. She immediately called me and said my car is being made tomorrow and that a delivery agent will call me tomorrow. Is that even possible?

fake news. Once she realized the vin was source code only she pulled back her remarks and said “we will reach out to schedule delivery soon”. Soon is dreadful when wanting to not lose $500 on the 3rd!!!

upload_2019-11-26_8-41-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-26_8-40-33.png
    upload_2019-11-26_8-40-33.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 71
Ordered SR+ October 8th, haven't heard a word since (other than that text message a week ago) and today I got an email stating that I need to upload insurance and finalize my trade-in to get matched with a VIN. I had already done both two weeks ago, and my account states the typical "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Is there something else I could be missing?

Thanks and same to you!
Yes, our cars are VIN twins!

Oddly, my SA sent me the screen shot of their internal delivery info (Tesla Lightining Force) with my VIN and it shows that my car is "ready for transport to rail station", as if still in Cali. Yikes.
If yours is here and ready for this Friday pickup, then mine was delayed for some reason...?!
Your schedule does gel with what he originally told me (build on 14th, delivery 21-23).
Whatever the case, I(finally) got the text yesterday afternoon and I'm taking delivery on Friday the 13th.
:eek::D

I'm slated for delivery on 12/14 (originally the 13th, but I can't make it on that day) so we're exactly on pace!

That is a massively long transit through right? wowee

Reactions: marnfl and tren01t