Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm located in Texas, VIN is in source code (not on order page), shipment still says 3-5 weeks. My module changed to say "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". When is payment required? I have read that Tesla will not ship the car until payment is received in full due to them not having a license here. Just hesitant to pay when I don't even know when I'll see the car.

Just hesitant to pay when I don't even know when I'll see the car.

Tesla is still suggesting the 'Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit'

You'll have to wait a maximum of 30 days from this point to receive your car. Some of us waited 3 months. I recommend paying your balance and waiting on the car, or just cancelling if you feel like you can't wait a maximum of 30 days from now.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Tesla is still suggesting the 'Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit'

You'll have to wait a maximum of 30 days from this point to receive your car. Some of us waited 3 months. I recommend paying your balance and waiting on the car, or just cancelling if you feel like you can't wait a maximum of 30 days from now.

It's not so much the wait, I can wait until the EOY if I have to (and I anticipate that I will). I just want to know if there is a "best practice" when it comes to paying your balance with Tesla. Never gone through this process before and I am a bit confused. Haven't even been contacted by a sales advisor yet.

I did! Ordered on 11/4. Still no VIN in source code, never received a call from my SA. I have called down to my local SC to confirm all details, still being told delivery in mid-December. Patiently waiting for Blue Bomber to arrive. :D
It seems they are being built in color batches and kind of looks like red maybe next based on last 2 to mention deliveries have red ones.

Ordered 2 weeks ago SR+ White/Black FSD.

Havent been assigned a VIN or an SA.

I see everyone talking about their SA and I'm wondering how do you get assigned to one and if not is that indicative that it may be a while?
I did a test drive prior to ordering and got the business card of the Tesla employee that helped me then. Their title is "Tesla Advisor" so not sure if that is different from an SA... but they were the one who gave me my VIN prior to it showing up on the Tesla website and have been very helpful as I've had questions. You might swing by or call your local showroom and talk to them there.

I did! Ordered on 11/4. Still no VIN in source code, never received a call from my SA. I have called down to my local SC to confirm all details, still being told delivery in mid-December. Patiently waiting for Blue Bomber to arrive. :D
Costa Mesa seems like they're bad with reaching out. Nobody called me either lol. Still haven't. Ordered Oct 25th. Dead silent.

Hey all, been lurking for a while now. i ordered on 10/21 in Los Angeles, but am just now realizing a potential mistake.

I was so incredibly unable to decide my color that I changed the color of the car about 3 times--the last time on 11/6.

Do we think that my new "order date" will be 11/6 as opposed to 10/21?

Hey all, been lurking for a while now. i ordered on 10/21 in Los Angeles, but am just now realizing a potential mistake.

I was so incredibly unable to decide my color that I changed the color of the car about 3 times--the last time on 11/6.

Do we think that my new "order date" will be 11/6 as opposed to 10/21?
I was told yes last modified date is new order date. I did the same thing order 10/23 and changed it a few time. Ended up with original config. Blue black on 11/6