Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have not get their VIN, they did reply back and now says they cannot even guarantee to deliver before 12/31 but only promising based on the order date. I'm sure that's not what they said when we order our cars.

Odd. The website says currently on the model 3 order page: "Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit"

(emphasis added by me) That doesn't sound like they give themselves much wiggle room. It doesn't say "may be" or "might be." "Will be" is a definitive statement. Seems an odd promise to make.

Odd. The website says currently on the model 3 order page: "Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit"

(emphasis added by me) That doesn't sound like they give themselves much wiggle room. It doesn't say "may be" or "might be." "Will be" is a definitive statement. Seems an odd promise to make.
You will see "note this is not a guarantee" when you click "See recommanded order by dates"

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 4.13.20 PM.png
Ah, I see it now.

You will see "note this is not a guarantee" when you click "See recommanded order by dates"
If you read the posting from Tesla, it says in order to receive your car by end of year, you must order by December 8th. They cannot guarantee because of customer availability and customer readiness, not car availability and car readiness. If you order your car by December 8th, I believe they are saying they will have a car available to deliver to you.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Yay! Congrats!
Congratulations goletaspring! Bummer about the trade value change. Was it a Tesla trade? If so, it seems to me they should honor the quoted trade value. Same with Tesla financing. If it's Tesla's fault the quotes expired, they should be flexible and honor their original quotes. It's hard to be upset though when you nearly have a new model 3 in the driveway.

Reactions: goletaspring
I just got out of a movie to the best voicemail!! I will be picking up my car on Sunday!!! So unexpected, I’m shaking I’m so excited. No more relentlessly checking my VIN 40 times a day!
Did your vin show up or was today a complete surprise? When did you last check for a vin? Does one show up now? Just trying to figure out whether a vin in source will be the first indicator or if a voicemail could come first. Congratulations!

Did your vin show up or was today a complete surprise? When did you last check for a vin? Does one show up now? Just trying to figure out whether a vin in source will be the first indicator or if a voicemail could come first. Congratulations!
I checked my VIN right before I went in the movie... nothing. Then I had a voicemail when I came out from my delivery center, saying I can have delivery this weekend!! So I called back, the dude said another guy couldn’t get his financing in order so I was next on the list. I was matched with one already at my delivery center.

I checked my VIN right before I went in the movie... nothing. Then I had a voicemail when I came out from my delivery center, saying I can have delivery this weekend!! So I called back, the dude said another guy couldn’t get his financing in order so I was next on the list. I was matched with one already at my delivery center.
Congratulations! Good luck sleeping tonight and tomorrow night :D

• Funny
Reactions: waterbrain
Congratulations goletaspring! Bummer about the trade value change. Was it a Tesla trade? If so, it seems to me they should honor the quoted trade value. Same with Tesla financing. If it's Tesla's fault the quotes expired, they should be flexible and honor their original quotes. It's hard to be upset though when you nearly have a new model 3 in the driveway.
It was a tesla trade in...i would have been really happy if they would have honored it, but at least I'm still getting the full ca rebate...plus I just want to get the car already!