Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source VIN to delivery(for me): 4 days. Picking it up on the 17th at 9:30am. Thinking about whether to do a half day at work or take off work all day and sit in my Model 3 until the sun goes down

Ordered: Oct 25, 2019
Radio silence unless I reached out via email (quick response time: within 24 hours)
VIN in source: Dec 13, 2019
Costa Mesa DC called to schedule delivery: Dec 14, 2019
Delivery Date: Dec 17th, 2019 9:30am

Anyone else picking up their car on Tuesday morning at Costa Mesa??

I think you've earned a full day off.

Source VIN to delivery(for me): 4 days. Picking it up on the 17th at 9:30am. Thinking about whether to do a half day at work or take off work all day and sit in my Model 3 until the sun goes down

Radio silence unless I reached out via email (quick response time: within 24 hours)

Plug that sucker in, pre condition it and binge watch Netflix from the comfort of your driver's seat. Then fire up a few games. I wish there was a way to plug external HDMI in, I might live in the thing

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Congratulations and have someone tie you down for the next few days LOL. Glad your wait is nearly over!
Yes, I am still lurking here in the shadows ROFL!
I'll probably still stick around too after getting the car. This forum is a lot of fun!

We should all get T-Shirts with the infamous protocol response from Tesla

"Last 2 Weeks of December" Survivor

or

I Survived
"The Last 2 Weeks of December"

My girlfriend and I were competing to predict when my order would arrive. I predicted December 17, and she predicted the 20th. Considering I ordered about a week after you, I have a feeling she’s right on the money.

Congratulations!

Reactions: skydreamerjae

I would like to make a note, that the reason the delivery center reached out to me to schedule a delivery was because of the fact that I emailed them to let them know I saw a VIN in source(otherwise, i don't know when they would've reached out). They confirmed it and called me to schedule a delivery. So, if you guys see VIN in source, reach out to your DC!!!

I’ve been stalking this thread since I ordered but I finally graduated from the waiting room!

Config: SR Red Aero no AP
Order Date: 11/17
VIN in source: 12/9
Delivery schedule text: 12/10
Home Delivery: 12/13 (option of 12/12)

Only one very minor paint issue (easily fixed with touch up paint in a very discreet location). Otherwise great delivery experience, paid with a check at delivery and they didn’t even verify my drivers license or insurance lol...

Well, unexpectedly I just ordered an inventory SR+! It was a demo car with 174 miles on it and a $1200 discount. It is a 2019 model, white with 19 sport wheels and black interior. It also had FSD, but I am having them remove that making the vehicle 39300 before taxes and the doc fee. Basically 2190 cheaper than a newly ordered one, so that is a nice bonus. Based on the VIN I suspect it was an Aug or Sept build. Super excited to finally get a Tesla.

Grats, and it is still being sold as "new" so you get the Fed rebate,right? I would love to hear that they "forget" to remove the FSD and you get a better deal!

I'm looking around at inventory at various cities this morning. I see my car (2020 SR+ white/black/aero/no FSD) in Denver. I was tempted to call, but my wife just told me I can't fly to Denver today. Still waiting... :-(
LOL, yep...in my dreams an upgrade car would show up somewhere in CA, and I would get a great deal, then fly down and pick it up on a minutes notice.

Anyone being teased by the demos that are being sold quickly? I ordered a stripper (white on black) SR+, and I've been searching the Ev website constantly, and the CA-based models come and go almost every hour. I want to try to keep to the game plan of simple and cheap, but the stretch to a Performance is about $13k, and its a tease. I haven't even learned how to check the source code yet. . .

Reactions: ZappCatt
Just had to accept final terms of financing ahead of hopeful delivery tomorrow. Noticed it lists the car as having 50 miles on it. Those who have taken delivery, what was on yours? Not that 50 is a big deal, just wondering how they got there

I think that's a default value they input in their system. My online profile showed the same thing (50) and the car actually had 5 miles on the odometer at delivery. Have heard others mention the same.

Hi all,
I ordered an SR+, white/white on 10/23.
Just received a VIN in the page source and an MVPA document on 12/14.
No set pick-up date yet, but my pick up location will be in Burbank.
email your DC and show them your VIN! They'll call you back to schedule delivery (at least that's how it happened for me. called me back within 15 minutes of me sending out an email) Source VIN 12/13, emailed 12/14 and got scheduled to pick up 12/17

Reactions: ZappCatt
email your DC and show them your VIN! They'll call you back to schedule delivery (at least that's how it happened for me. called me back within 15 minutes of me sending out an email) Source VIN 12/13, emailed 12/14 and got scheduled to pick up 12/17

Jae isn't gunna know what to do with himself when he finally gets his car. I suggest a cross country trip! You could meet me in Buffalo and I can follow you back to Cali!

Jae isn't gunna know what to do with himself when he finally gets his car. I suggest a cross country trip! You could meet me in Buffalo and I can follow you back to Cali!
homer.gif