Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh nooo. I'm 10/19 MDR and haven't heard anything yet. If they're doing this to you, not a good sign for the rest of us. Wonder what is causing their week+ delay. They didn't give you an explanation? That's rough.

My SA is useless. He has no idea how to handle a 'slightly' upset customer... (me) he's been all over the place and sending me template emails about filling out my account check list. I am so annoyed with him, but the delivery center has their customer service basics down. At least they made an effort to be nice and emailed me this with their apologies:

'As a company, this is our largest quarter to date and our factory is working tirelessly to get all orders fulfilled by end of year. We are monitoring all VINs being dispatched daily. As soon as I have an update on your vehicle’s ETA, I will let you know.'

For financing, does anyone know if you need to bring proof of payment?

My delivery is coming up soon. My bank already paid tesla according to them but idk if I need to bring some proof of payment or what. I know the delivery centers are probably busy and this may be a stupid question.

For financing, does anyone know if you need to bring proof of payment?

My delivery is coming up soon. My bank already paid tesla according to them but idk if I need to bring some proof of payment or what. I know the delivery centers are probably busy and this may be a stupid question.

when my delivery date was moved up they said in order to confirm the earlier appointment I would need to produce one of three things:

1) an image of the cashier’s check, if I was bringing it myself
2) an image of the cashier’s check, if my bank was mailing to Tesla directly
3) a copy of the wire transfer transaction details

but if you have a set delivery date, just make sure you have already paid -or- bring the check yourself

I just want to get on this thread one last time. The last 80 days have been torturous as I have watched everyone on here who ordered well after me get deliveries. Yet I kept coming back!
I ordered Sept.26 and have FINALLY been given a VIN and will receive my car on Big Island next week, Thurs. or Fri. I would like to thank Skydreamerjae for showing me that some model 3's had reached Hawaii (my SA was content to let my car sit in CA for eternity) which prompted me to get myself matched to an identical config and actually get a delivery scheduled. ~Aloha

Took delivery on Wednesday and then proceeded to take the next few days essentially living in the car and doing a few accessory upgrades. Delivery process was personal and took all of about 10 minutes, so props to Tesla for keeping spirits high even when every tech at the center was currently working 10+ hour days for all of these deliveries.

She's perfect in every way.

1.jpg
2.JPG
3.JPG

I just want to get on this thread one last time. The last 80 days have been torturous as I have watched everyone on here who ordered well after me get deliveries. Yet I kept coming back!
I ordered Sept.26 and have FINALLY been given a VIN and will receive my car on Big Island next week, Thurs. or Fri. I would like to thank Skydreamerjae for showing me that some model 3's had reached Hawaii (my SA was content to let my car sit in CA for eternity) which prompted me to get myself matched to an identical config and actually get a delivery scheduled. ~Aloha
The torture is real! Congrats on finally getting a delivery date. From what it sounds like, it’ll definitely be worth the wait! :)

Reactions: JenniferH
I am having a home delivery today in Fremont,CA.
Does anyone know if I can pay the final balance in personal check?
I dont see a place in my tesla account on instructions for bank transfer.
Thanks a bunch!

I believe you can. (That is what I am doing tomorrow :) ) From my account page it indicates a check is OK "Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery, or bring a check from your financial institution on delivery day. "

I am having a home delivery today in Fremont,CA.
Does anyone know if I can pay the final balance in personal check?
I dont see a place in my tesla account on instructions for bank transfer.
Thanks a bunch!
I received an email yesterday from the Rocklin store stating a personal check is acceptable.

you cannot pay with a personal check. You’ll need to get a check from the bank to pay your final amount due.

I don’t know if this is based on credit history, credit score, account balances or what (assume it’s based on one at least) but we were able to pay by check as well last year. We do own another Tesla as well. We were told it was acceptable for us to do so however.

Last edited: