Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what does DC stand for again?

Delivery center?

As far as I can figure out, the SA are just for info pre-sale. Unlike almost every other car dealership, they do not give discounts, nor do they make commission. It seems like, Tesla has decided that once you have placed your order, there is no more information required, until your car is ready for delivery, and then the DC takes over. For most of the people waiting, it sounds like a memo was sent out to "under promise" so most SA's say the car will either "be delivered the last 2 weeks of the year" or "before the end of the year."

It is different, and when they are not transparent on their delivery times, it can be stressful/annoying.

Before my order was placed, I would get replies within an hour to my silly emails. Since my order was placed, I have received 3 emails from Tesla SA's all "friendly reminder"ing me to fill out the online forms I have already filled out. I have replied to each of them asking for clarification/verification of what needs to be completed, and have never received a reply to any of them.

Reactions: JenniferH
Delivery center?

As far as I can figure out, the SA are just for info pre-sale. Unlike almost every other car dealership, they do not give discounts, nor do they make commission. It seems like, Tesla has decided that once you have placed your order, there is no more information required, until your car is ready for delivery, and then the DC takes over. For most of the people waiting, it sounds like a memo was sent out to "under promise" so most SA's say the car will either "be delivered the last 2 weeks of the year" or "before the end of the year."

It is different, and when they are not transparent on their delivery times, it can be stressful/annoying.

Before my order was placed, I would get replies within an hour to my silly emails. Since my order was placed, I have received 3 emails from Tesla SA's all "friendly reminder"ing me to fill out the online forms I have already filled out. I have replied to each of them asking for clarification/verification of what needs to be completed, and have never received a reply to any of them.

I have had a similar experience with my SA. I became a little concerned when my account no longer said "Preparing for Delivery" to nothing and my estimated delivery timeframe also disappeared. He did respond to that email saying they will deliver all cars by the year-end, so I am optimistic.

Definitely turning out to be the strangest car buying experience I have ever had!
I have purchased/owned seven new VW/Audi/Porsche and factory ordered one BMW in my time. Sure there were bumps along the way, missed expectations, less-than knowledgeable salespeople, etc., but I certainly did not experience ALL of those things in any-one transaction on top of sheer reluctance to communicate. This is as close as I have come to venting and I still can not get an update from my SA until I send a message (and when he does respond, it is just to tell me to wait for a text from the DC).

I hope there is a survey about him and his manager... the delays do not bother me near as much as the poor/lack of communication and information.

/rant.

+1 Hate to rant (yet I did rant a few times on this forum already), Lack of transparency and utter miscommunication from the beginning.
I will look out for that survey or go find his manager after my delivery is behind me.

Reactions: RainKing
Well folks, the wait is over! Picked up my SR+ yesterday and man, is it a thing of beauty! The whole process went very smoothly, and the car itself was flawless save for a misaligned trim piece along the right rear window, and a little residue from whatever protective film they had over the logo on the steering wheel. They adjusted the trim on the spot and I’ll get some goo gone for the steering wheel. Otherwise, the process only took about an hour and we were on the road! The one hiccup was that the car wouldn’t charge at a supercharger last night, but whatever caused that problem was resolved by today when I went back to try again.

The car drives like a dream, and it somehow manages to exceed the insane amount of hype and buildup I’ve generated over the last two months. Zero regrets here, and worth every second of the wait. I guess this is the part where I bid farewell to this thread. Good luck to everyone still waiting on VINs and cars! Hope they come soon, you won’t be disappointed. See you around the forum, or on the road!

Attachments

• 77DB93C5-2916-425E-8709-76D7776AC751.jpeg
    77DB93C5-2916-425E-8709-76D7776AC751.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 73
Congrats... I take delivery tomorrow, Monday. Smooth delivery in Plano??
I think you meant to tag @badiban, I’m still waiting to take delivery. A couple questions for you since you’re taking it tomorrow.. how long did the temp tag process take? That’s all I’m waiting on. Is tomorrow your originally scheduled date or did it move once everything was finalized?

My experience has taught me that for no reason should I bother talking to the SA. Whatever DC you are communicating with is the only place to get an answer . In my case I have someone's direct email in Vegas and he's typically responded promptly, even on Sundays

Good to know! I have not had any communication with the DC yet but I will google their contact info (Carlsbad) and reach out to them.

Reactions: Turlejay
Well my friends, I guess it’s time share how much everyone on this thread has helped me out during this bazaar buying experience.

Happy to report that my wife’s SR+ was delivered this afternoon :)
This in turn means I got my SR+ back from wife and now can play!

I wish everyone a successful “before the end of year” delivery and take care:)
Cheers,
John

I have a question for anyone who's had a home delivery. If you are paying with a physical check, do you hand it over to the person who delivers the car?
I just assumed so, would love to get clarification/verification from someone who has had a recent home delivery...but then again, Your Mileage may vary. Someone said their Delivery Center would not accept a personal check at all, and demanded a Cashiers check/bank check

Just got the email that they need written confirmation I received the car and then they will give me access to the app. Welp, the guy is late and there's been no communication so NO I don't have the car. But maybe if you turned my app on I could see where it was instead of sitting around staring out the window.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Just got the email that they need written confirmation I received the car and then they will give me access to the app. Welp, the guy is late and there's been no communication so NO I don't have the car. But maybe if you turned my app on I could see where it was instead of sitting around staring out the window.
LOL, maybe THEY could ping it from their end to give you an update? It seems like so much of this process is automated...but it was done so crappily that it just adds frustration.