Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/18 SR+ white/black. No VIN. Called for update today and they said it will delivered after Christmas =(

What does it mean when a post says that the VIN is 'in code'?

If you log into your Tesla account, and click MANAGE, on the resultant page(with the picture and docs) right click and choose View Page Source.

Now use Cntrl/CMd-F to search text on that page and enter "vin". There should be 8 results, and if you click UP arrow, the second one should be your Vin.
It should looks something like: "Vin":null,"ReferenceNumber":"RN10973XXXXX

You could also search for the Tesla leading characters for a VIN which would be: "5YJ"

If you log into your Tesla account, and click MANAGE, on the resultant page(with the picture and docs) right click and choose View Page Source.

Now use Cntrl/CMd-F to search text on that page and enter "vin". There should be 8 results, and if you click UP arrow, the second one should be your Vin.

You could also search for the Tesla leading characters for a VIN which would be: "5YJ"

Additionally, you can CTRL+F "5yj3". All M3 vins start with those numbers, and it'll be faster than searching through the 8 "vIn" results.

Got it. Thanks!

Hi again everyone :)
I just miss you all too stay away:)

I’m actually sitting in a Nissan dealership returning my leased Leaf. I gave my Leaf a big thank you for keeping me safe and though it’s butt ugly on the outside it really has been a great EV car.

But, there is only room in my heart to love one car at a time so going to start my new relationship with Tess (name I gave my new SR+) this evening :p

I see some of you got good news in the last day and still many are going WTF is my car. It’s really crazy going through all this silliness for a car. But, I got to believe it’s worth it.

Again, I wish everyone is as happy with their M3 as I was when I got it back from my wife. She is having a few issues with her new SR+. A few software bugs and a a deep scratch in the center of the steering wheel. I showed her how simple it is to set up a mobile service appointment. She was like “they come and repair the car at home/work and I’m like “that’s is so nice isn’t it”?.

Prayers out for those waiting and a shared big grin for those that are enjoying their new M3’s.

Cheers,
John

Hi again everyone :)
I just miss you all too stay away:)

I’m actually sitting in a Nissan dealership returning my leased Leaf. I gave my Leaf a big thank you for keeping me safe and though it’s butt ugly on the outside it really has been a great EV car.

But, there is only room in my heart to love one car at a time so going to start my new relationship with Tess (name I gave my new SR+) this evening :p

I see some of you got good news in the last day and still many are going WTF is my car. It’s really crazy going through all this silliness for a car. But, I got to believe it’s worth it.

Again, I wish everyone is as happy with their M3 as I was when I got it back from my wife. She is having a few issues with her new SR+. A few software bugs and a a deep scratch in the center of the steering wheel. I showed her how simple it is to set up a mobile service appointment. She was like “they come and repair the car at home/work and I’m like “that’s is so nice isn’t it”?.

Prayers out for those waiting and a shared big grin for those that are enjoying their new M3’s.

Cheers,
John

Hey John congrats on finally getting both and for continuing to contribute to the forum! just curious how you timed your lease return so well! I've been renting a car for the last couple weeks after trying to commute via motorcycle since my lease end in early November. Did you just time the expected delivery window that well? If so I'm seriously impressed...

Hey John congrats on finally getting both and for continuing to contribute to the forum! just curious how you timed your lease return so well! I've been renting a car for the last couple weeks after trying to commute via motorcycle since my lease end in early November. Did you just time the expected delivery window that well? If so I'm seriously impressed...
Hey Bluemoon,
My lease was coming to an end Dec 28. I had no idea it took so long to get a Model 3 so just decided in Oct to start looking at what EV’s will be available.

Once I went to the Sunnyvale Tesla store to see if I could check out a M3 I was sold on the spot. I wanted one so bad I decided to get it a couple months before the lease was up.

I wish I could take credit for good timing but honestly I had no idea I would end up cutting so close:)