Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just cant see Tesla fulfilling at least 2 months of orders in the next 11 days. October orders stil havent been fulfilled. shoot my order on oct 31 still has no vin and im worring that im not going to my car before the eoy. i wonder how much backlash will tesla have once they come out and say that alot of orders will not make it before the end of year.

i just cant see Tesla fulfilling at least 2 months of orders in the next 11 days. October orders stil havent been fulfilled. shoot my order on oct 31 still has no vin and im worring that im not going to my car before the eoy. i wonder how much backlash will tesla have once they come out and say that alot of orders will not make it before the end of year.

I share the same fear. I just can't wrap my head around the numbers, but the couple interactions I have had with reps say, don't worry it will come.

Smart. I spoke with someone at the Delivery Center, who was the most helpful person thus far. She knew where my order was (arriving at the DC tonight!) and gave me a delivery date.

It's official; my "tentative" delivery date is this Sunday at 5! It'll have been 7 weeks and 1 day since ordering November 2.

Grats man! Let us know your experience picking up. I'm hoping to pick up there s well soon and I like hearing about what it is like for you guys. (11/8 SR+)

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
I talked to BoA agent and I get my "real" deadline. Because I use 3rd party bank loan (2.94% from BoA), 12/25 is my last day of providing MVPA to BoA in order to get delivery by year end. BoA will send the fund directly to Tesla and the process generally takes at least 6 days from MVPA to funding. So, if I don't get the VIN and MVPA by 12/25 - 5 days left - I cannot take the car by year end.

For those 3rd party borrowers, you better check your bank for the real deadline. For those cash buyers in Southern California, wait for the VIN by 12/28 - this is your real deadline because it takes 3 days moving M3s from Fremont to Southern California.

Last edited:
I talked to BoA agent and I get my "real" deadline. Because I use 3rd party bank loan (2.94% from BoA), 12/25 is my last day of providing MVPA to BoA in order to get delivery by year end. BoA will send the fund directly to Tesla and the process generally takes at least 6 days from MVPA to funding. So, if I don't get the VIN and MVPA by 12/25 - 5 days left - I cannot take the car by year end. I will cancel my orders - M3 and solar subscription on 12/26.

I am in the same boat . Have you considered Telsa financing , they claim they will match the APR - in your case 2.94%

• Helpful
Reactions: bmt1012
I had ordered a SR+ Red/White/19" on December 8. Started to get worried that since I still didn't have a VIN today, that I wouldn't make the tax break cutoff.

I talked to a Tesla rep and they said it's a coin toss. I already sold my Jaguar XF, so we are sharing a car right now, which is ok for a while, but not until March if that's going to be the new delivery date. So after a few calls to Tesla, I am now buying a AWD Red/White/19" that they have on the lot in Dallas (Plano).

It has 250 test drive miles, so they are discounting the car a $1000. It's still a new car and I will get the $1800 tax rebate.

I am not bother by the test drive miles. I do like that Tesla gives you a discount for cars with test drive miles even though regular car dealers give plenty of test drives in their cars on the lot and don't discount them.

Kinda glad I am getting the AWD the more I learn about the differences. I liked the price of the SR+ and I am sure it would have been ok, but I probably would have been bothered by the decision over time to save that money.

Since I now have a VIN, I have the insurance done, and I'll just throw more cash in with the amount I was already financing with Alliant at 2.99%.

I'll fly up from Houston to pick it up whenever they get the MVPA done and then drive it back. My first drive will be a good road trip.

I called my DC and gave them my VIN (from source) and they were able to track the car - it's still in the factory (Fremont) and is near the back end of the line (sigh). At least I know where the car is. Sales person delivery should be next week. If you have your VIN from source and not in your main page, I suggest calling the DC and giving your VIN to track.

Ordered: 10/18
VIN in source: 12/16
No VIN in main
White/Black Dublin pickup

Anyone considered leasing vs. buying? I'm sure there are a ton of threads on this, but I have an SR+ on order, and even with putting $20k down, my 48 mo'ly payments will be a bit more than a lease ($564 buy, $608 for 36 mo. lease) total down for lease is $1821, vs. $20k. yes, I'd own the car with a purchase, but it ties up $20k and the residual on the lease, although closed-ended, is $27,611, so seems like I'd avoid having to sell the car to trade up with lease. . . .hmm.

After much deliberation, I opted for the lease mainly because of the following factors:

- battery technology is advancing at an exponential rate and much higher capacity and instant charging is a few years away
- autonomous level 3 will likely be readily available in 3 years
- I doubt robotaxi model 3s will be realized within 3 years (main selling point to buy) due to regulations and politics

So in 3 years I feel Tesla will have a lot of competition and there will be a plethora of EV choices by then. Even if I can't purchase my M3 after the lease, I'm sure I can find a 3 year old used M3 to purchase at that time if I really wanted to.. or hopefully an M3 v2 by then!

Reactions: ZappCatt
After much deliberation, I opted for the lease mainly because of the following factors:

- battery technology is advancing at an exponential rate and much higher capacity and instant charging is a few years away
- autonomous level 3 will likely be readily available in 3 years
- I doubt robotaxi model 3s will be realized within 3 years (main selling point to buy) due to regulations and politics

So in 3 years I feel Tesla will have a lot of competition and there will be a plethora of EV choices by then. Even if I can't purchase my M3 after the lease, I'm sure I can find a 3 year old used M3 to purchase at that time if I really wanted to.. or hopefully an M3 v2 by then!

That was pretty much my sentiment about leasing too. Especially with all the build quality complaints out there. I'd rather give it back in three years when they've had time to improve.

My delivery appt. today went very smooth! I was expecting it to go very badly. I arrived 30 min early and after 2 minutes of waiting they called me up early! Entire process at the Fremont Delivery Hub took about 20-25 min even with the trade in! The car was in MINT condition and I thoroughly inspected it expecting something to be wrong. I did not have them go over the car with me so that saved a lot of time. I hope everyone gets their cars soon and delivery is super smooth! Keep in mind it seems like they are working FAST with deliveries as in the will notify you 1-2 days before delivery even if you don't show a VIN in your account. I had no VIN in my account until I received a text to chose a delivery time. That text was Wednesday, pickup was Friday. It was a bit of a pain to process 3rd party financing, but I politely asked my credit union if they could process the application as soon as possible letting them know the time constraints and they happily accommodated me! Thank you Patelco!

yeah so basically my tesla guy called me today and said hell offer me $3500 off a tesla in january same specs. said theyre officially done delivering for the 2019 year. so i took the deal, easy money...and THATS WASSUPP

Really?? That doesn't make any sense. There is still a ton of time left to deliver cars. They are planning on doing most of the cars 22-31 Dec.

What store was this at? What config?

I cannot believe this.

Picking up at Costa Mesa tomorrow. My trade quote decreased from $7,944 to $6,600 one hour after I submitted a photo of my title. Wth!!! I even rented a car to keep it under 1,000 miles. I know my quote is about a week expired but they made me do it early or it would have delayed my delivery. We all got that email. Last week, sales guy told me not to worry about it either, just keep it under 1,000 miles. These asses and their tricky games.... buyer beware!

I sent an email to DA and Costa Mesa delivery. If they make this right, I'll update this post...in the meantime, I'm pissed.

Oh, and they ran my credit again yesterday....