Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for my black/white SR + on 11/24. All went pretty fast as I took delivery on Dec. 11th here in Oklahoma. But I'm still in the waiting room. Still waiting on the registration paperwork. Obviously not legal to drive without a tag but can't get a tag without registration. Was told paperwork would be sent by FedEx 7 to 10 days after taken delivery of car. Now been 10 days and no word of when my paperwork will arrive. Of course trying to call someone is useless. They just say wait a few more days. Anyone else with this experience?

Just got back from delivery center, and the car is PERFECT!! Process was very smooth and was afforded ample time to inspect the car prior to leaving the center. Honestly, wasn't as big of a mad house as I was expecting. Anyways here's a quick picture!

To all the no VIN bro's in San Diego, saw a semi full of white model 3's being dropped off at the off site storage facility! There is hope!

Nice! Congrats!!
Do all Tesla's get delivered with one of those big ass bows?? I want one too.

Just got her back from the Tinters this afternoon. She looks gorgeous with some of that dark Ceramic!

View attachment 491160 View attachment 491161

That does look nice!
I also got ceramic, but not as dark - 35% all around with 70% on the windshield.
I took delivery on Thursday, the 12th and had tint and PPF (the entire front and the trunk-opening area) applied the next day.
I see in the threads that you ended up getting your car before me, so no need to figure out WTTWH (ie: shoot me birds from down south). :D
Loving this car!!

Reactions: PowerBankT
Good news and bad news...

Received an text this morning, like 30mins ago, telling me that my car would exit the factory on 12/25 and they want me to choose a home delivery date.
I open the URL to schedule it, but I can only choose 26 or 27, which both days we are out of town...
IMG_9813.png IMG_9814.png IMG_9815.png
We will be back on the 30th though... Feel like I am going to lose this one and they will reassign me to another one. I told them my availability when they asked last week, what was that for?

(Order date Nov.15th, Home delivery, No VIN in source code)

Last edited:
Reactions: ZappCatt
Ordered 11/17 MSM SR+ black interior no FSD
received a text this morning also telling me my car would exit the factory on 12/25 and to schedule delivery at Burbank. it gave me several options for time on just the 27th and 28th. Im still keeping the "inventory" order of a LR AWD in case something happens. As far as I know the "inventory" car I ordered is still at the factory and is only planned to be at Burbank.

Ordered 11/17 MSM SR+ black interior no FSD
received a text this morning also telling me my car would exit the factory on 12/25 and to schedule delivery at Burbank. it gave me several options for time on just the 27th and 28th. Im still keeping the "inventory" order of a LR AWD in case something happens. As far as I know the "inventory" car I ordered is still at the factory and is only planned to be at Burbank.

Hi,
Did you get a text for the inventory car or just the SR+. ?

Can anyone confirm if they are delivering cars in Color/interior/wheel configs batches?
Noticed a pattern of SR+ White/white have gotten their cars already. Well mostly.
I strongly think they are doing batches and assigning SR+ W/W for CA orders right now. I have pretty good chances to get TXT or VIN today.

Burbank DC is texting now. Costa Mesa, I am waiting for it!

Will see.

Last edited:
YAY! Got the text.

Order Super Cheapie SR+ on 11/15
Delivery date 12/26 12:01 pm

So 1 day short of the outside of their delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks at order.... A LITTLE communication could have made this SOOOO much better/easier/less stressful.

Still "Vin":null

I am SR(White/Black/18) the cheapest it gets, I guess we are on the same batch, as hardware is the same!!!

I am SR(White/Black/18) the cheapest it gets, I guess we are on the same batch, as hardware is the same!!!
I hope they are able/willing to push yours out to the 30th!
Good Luck!

Maybe see if your SA can start trying to set you up with a different car which would not be completed until an 12/30 delivery...maybe it could even be one of those (color/wheel "upgrades") to get the car in buyers hands at EOQ/EOY.

Reactions: bmt1012