Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im convinced no one here has ordered their car before i did. no one is getting boned as hard as me. ordered 10/21 black sr plus black paint black interior fsd. NO UPDATE AT ALL. its disgusting how some of you have ordered WEEKS after me yet you have your cars and i have nothing. its a bunch of bullshit
Man I’m sorry to read this. I was shocked at how fast it was done. Hope it turns around for you.

im convinced no one here has ordered their car before i did. no one is getting boned as hard as me. ordered 10/21 black sr plus black paint black interior fsd. NO UPDATE AT ALL. its disgusting how some of you have ordered WEEKS after me yet you have your cars and i have nothing. its a bunch of bullshit

They were not building any cars for North America in October or November so while it seems like a really long time you weren’t really advancing your position at all during those two months. When they did start building in December they build by trim and by color choice. So if the first lot of cars were all black and you ordered a blue one, you will see a lot of people taking delivery of black cars while you are still sitting around. And they always ship orders furthest out (east coast) first since the transit times are much longer.

I know it’s frustrating but it’s not random. There is a methodology to how Tesla assigns cars and they are very sensitive to making end of quarter deliveries, especially when tax breaks are concerned. Their communication could be a lot better, but they do eventually come through.

They were not building any cars for North America in October or November so while it seems like a really long time you weren’t really advancing your position at all during those two months. When they did start building in December they build by trim and by color choice. So if the first lot of cars were all black and you ordered a blue one, you will see a lot of people taking delivery of black cars while you are still sitting around. And they always ship orders furthest out (east coast) first since the transit times are much longer.

I know it’s frustrating but it’s not random. There is a methodology to how Tesla assigns cars and they are very sensitive to making end of quarter deliveries, especially when tax breaks are concerned. Their communication could be a lot better, but they do eventually come through.
I don't buy Tesla's methodology. They don't appreciate their customers made order and wait. I made orders for M3, Tesla Solar and Cybertruck not knowing their horrible customer service and delivery "methodology." I just cancel the order for Cybertruck because I don't want to be a victim of their methodology again. If the cybertruck is really really tempting, I am not going to make an order and wait, but just wait the last moment of EOY to grab "existing inventories."

Ordered 12/9, SR+/white/black interior/no upgrades

VIN and MVPA appeared yesterday 12/23
Text received today stating vehicle will be built on 12/31 and will be ready for pickup during their NYE event

pickup location: Fremont, CA

interesting... ordered exact same trim as you 7 days earlier, and no VIN or delivery text. I’m near Sacramento so not in Bay Area.

Scheduled for delivery SR+ white/black aero AP on 26th at Burbank, still no VIN but received a call from them and said they should be able to deliver on time, representative said that there will be a batch coming down from the factory and VIN will be assigned.

Reactions: SMAlset
I feel you. I'm not that far off with a 10/25 order date and I haven't heard anything. I wish someone would have let me know how any of this works before I ordered.

interesting... ordered exact same trim as you 7 days earlier, and no VIN or delivery text. I’m near Sacramento so not in Bay Area.
Oh wow! What logic is applied I wonder. I’m in the Central Valley, used a referral link and completed the profile same day and confirmed with a contact there was nothing else the profile required. Yesterday the pay the balance message showed up along with the VIN

Got a second text to select an appointment date but the link takes me to a page with this message-
"There are currently no appointments available
A Tesla representative will contact you.

We are working on increasing available appointments. Please check back at 8AM tomorrow."

Anyone else see this?
Yeah. The same thing happened to me. I am not sure what do now.
I ordered on 10/12 and they said in my text the car will be made on 27/12.

Finally got my VIN in the source + MVPA.
VIN not yet on the page + no email/message about delivery yet.
Ordered 12/7. I'm assuming delivery will be during the NYE event. I'm really hoping they throw in some freebie for collecting it at the eleventh hour at the factory for so many of us who've kept changing their travel plans to accommodate the delivery. In spite of the very poor communication from Tesla's side and the multiple changes i've made to my Holiday plans, I'm still very excited about taking the delivery, and hope everyone here gets their car before EOY.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
No text yet but my account page just updated and I’ve got a pick up date and a VIN! Dec 27 at 4pm in Rocklin. Hope that’s solid!

Text just came in. “Tentative” is the key word

“We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/25 and have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/27 at 4 PM at the Rocklin delivery center. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm this appointment 24-48 hours before your delivery day.”

Reactions: sacraM3nto
Text just came in. “Tentative” is the key word

“We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/25 and have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/27 at 4 PM at the Rocklin delivery center. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm this appointment 24-48 hours before your delivery day.”

I too got the same message just now...so exciting :)
Any insights on the following two doubts that I have:

1) Should i make the remaining payment or wait for the final confirmation of the appointment?
2) I wanted to add my wife as well into the Tesla Insurance, but there is no option to do so online. I called their Support, but it is now beyond their working hours. On their FAQ, they've mentioned it is possible to do so post purchase of the policy. Does anyone have experience in this? Will the quote go up considerably (as there is no way of knowing right now).

Thanks guys - wish everyone the best for their orders - Merry Christmas! :)