Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just letting my fellow waiters that I got a call today from Tesla informing me my car will NOT be delivered by EOY. Order 11/24 SR+ white/black 19’s in Burbank Ca. Was told no compensation for loss of credit and that SR+’s will mainly be pushed to early 2020. I can get a full $100 refund if I cancel before 31st. Or I can switch to an inventory vehicle but they will not have any SR+’s in inventory till 2020 (lol). I had a scheduled delivery for 12/30 but never received a Vin. Car was to be in batch if 12/28 so who knows wth is happening. I was prepared for this eventuality hoping this can shed some light for you folks as well! Best of luck!

Did it show up for delivery schedule on website or did you contact them directly? My VIN showed up now but didn't see any delivery scheduling.
It showed up on the website without calling. it was originally scheduled for friday 12/27 but I never received a vin. they texted me saying that the car was still in production (even though it was supposed to leave the factory on christmas day) and they needed to reschedule to monday which was reflected in my order page. that was at around 5pm the 26th. the next morning i had a vin in my account visable on the page.

Reactions: SMAlset
Just letting my fellow waiters that I got a call today from Tesla informing me my car will NOT be delivered by EOY. Order 11/24 SR+ white/black 19’s in Burbank Ca. Was told no compensation for loss of credit and that SR+’s will mainly be pushed to early 2020. I can get a full $100 refund if I cancel before 31st. Or I can switch to an inventory vehicle but they will not have any SR+’s in inventory till 2020 (lol). I had a scheduled delivery for 12/30 but never received a Vin. Car was to be in batch if 12/28 so who knows wth is happening. I was prepared for this eventuality hoping this can shed some light for you folks as well! Best of luck!
such a bummer... I ordered an SR+ on 11/17 to be delivered to burbank and I really am expecting my appointment time to come and them not have a car for me...

It showed up on the website without calling. it was originally scheduled for friday 12/27 but I never received a vin. they texted me saying that the car was still in production (even though it was supposed to leave the factory on christmas day) and they needed to reschedule to monday which was reflected in my order page. that was at around 5pm the 26th. the next morning i had a vin in my account visable on the page.
I called Buena Park delivery center again today to have someone track my VIN. They said it is still in factory waiting to load onto truck to be sent down SoCal today, Buena Park should be receiving the car by later tomorrow. They add an tentative delivery appointment for me as 30th. Don't put high hope since who knows what's going on up there.

such a bummer... I ordered an SR+ on 11/17 to be delivered to burbank and I really am expecting my appointment time to come and them not have a car for me...

That’s how I was feeling too. I’m going to go down to the store at some point and ask my SA to see if he can find me an inventory car maybe? Doubtful but maybe they are discounting some LRAWD’s enough for me to make it work. Either way I hope you get your car!

Ordered on 11/22 SR+ white/black 19’ wheels for delivery from Marina Del Rey. Got an a text and email on Friday for a delivery appointment Sunday 2pm. Was so excited but based on the stories l have been reading on here, I decided to call to confirm since no one had bothered to call me. Surprise surprise my SA said he doesn’t know and can’t confirm when the car will be delivered

I just got a call like this too saying I don't have a VIN yet, however I've had a VIN for probably a week, already uploaded proof of insurance to start on 12/31 when I was supposed to take delivery at the NYE event, and I have (I guess stupidly) already made the final payment on it. The person on the phone was confused and telling me it's strange to have a VIN go away (which I think we all know is BS at this point,) but said she was going to reach out to my SA who will contact me by the end of the day.

My account page now show's I'm back in the "drawing up contract" status when it was previously "prepare for delivery" and my leasing agreement is still on the page and showing the VIN I've setup for insurance, along with the delivery appointment.

I too got the same call. txt on 12/24 saying car was to be in the batch of 12/28 with a 12/30 delivery to Marina Del Rey. I even had a set time set for the 30th~ Hopefully they will be able to compensate us with something. When I ordered the website made it sound that I would be able to get the car before the end of the year to be eligible for the tax credit... bummed.

I too got the same call. txt on 12/24 saying car was to be in the batch of 12/28 with a 12/30 delivery to Marina Del Rey. I even had a set time set for the 30th~ Hopefully they will be able to compensate us with something. When I ordered the website made it sound that I would be able to get the car before the end of the year to be eligible for the tax credit... bummed.

I hope they do, me and my wife have had to cancel traveling plans. Their customer service is horrible. Wish they could have told us sooner.

11/11 SR+ W/W Aero. No FSD. Out of blue, my account shows 12/31 8:30 AM Delivery appointment at Costa Mesa without VIN and MVPA. I called Costa Mesa and they says it is tentative. Basically they don't know whether I will get the car by EOY. They just make a tentative appointment, without even VIN assigned, in order to prevent me from cancelling. I asked what happen if Tesla fails to delivery it by EOY, she said, "I cannot answer that for now, but will call you on Monday if you are subject to that." lol.

I kind of envy those guys already got a call from Tesla informing their failure to deliver by EOY and offering full refund of $100. You guys are FREE now. I have to be in the hopeless loophole until Monday only to hear the offer of full refund.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishyducky
I called Buena Park delivery center again today to have someone track my VIN. They said it is still in factory waiting to load onto truck to be sent down SoCal today, Buena Park should be receiving the car by later tomorrow. They add an tentative delivery appointment for me as 30th. Don't put high hope since who knows what's going on up there.

I have a tentative date of 12/30 as well @ BP. Let me know if you hear anything!

Yep, no new update on my side. I am fully expecting to hear that they are not able to delivery my car this year(or even early next year) even though people ordering weeks and almost a full month behind me, in the same region was able to get theirs.

I wonder if they just have a lottery to decide when/who cars go to, or are just that incompetent.

Yep, no new update on my side. I am fully expecting to hear that they are not able to delivery my car this year(or even early next year) even though people ordering weeks and almost a full month behind me, in the same region was able to get theirs.

I wonder if they just have a lottery to decide when/who cars go to, or are just that incompetent.

I was at Fremont Delivery Center. They atleast had couple of LR AWD ready to pick up.
I have SR+ which is set for delivery on 12/31 0800 PM , SA Assured me that mine is getting built and will be ready.

11/11 SR+ W/W Aero. No FSD. Out of blue, my account shows 12/31 8:30 AM Delivery appointment at Costa Mesa without VIN and MVPA. I called Costa Mesa and they says it is tentative. Basically they don't know whether I will get the car by EOY. They just make a tentative appointment, without even VIN assigned, in order to prevent me from cancelling. I asked what happen if Tesla fails to delivery it by EOY, she said, "I cannot answer that for now, but will call you on Monday if you are subject to that." lol.

I kind of envy those guys already got a call from Tesla informing their failure to deliver by EOY and offering full refund of $100. You guys are FREE now. I have to be in the hopeless loophole until Monday only to hear the offer of full refund.

You and I are in a very similar boat. I ordered 11/18, SR+ W/B 18” Aero for delivery in Costa Mesa.
I have the “tentative” delivery date for the 31st at 1PM and still no VIN either. I guess we should just plan on not getting it by EOY.

I just got a call like this too saying I don't have a VIN yet, however I've had a VIN for probably a week, already uploaded proof of insurance to start on 12/31 when I was supposed to take delivery at the NYE event, and I have (I guess stupidly) already made the final payment on it. The person on the phone was confused and telling me it's strange to have a VIN go away (which I think we all know is BS at this point,) but said she was going to reach out to my SA who will contact me by the end of the day.

I was at Fremont Delivery Center. They atleast had couple of LR AWD ready to pick up.
I have SR+ which is set for delivery on 12/31 0800 PM , SA Assured me that mine is getting built and will be ready.

Weird story that I'm still super skeptical about, but the SA contacted me and said he was told there was a problem with the car I was assigned and that it was unassigned while in repair, but when it was fixed it became assigned to someone else. He was trying to find another car for me and asked about how flexible I was on configuration. He advised me to push on the delivery team to come up with a solution in the mean time while he tried to find me something else, and since I live so close to the factory I went over there instead.

I was expecting a nightmare experience when I got there, being a walk-in and it being EOY, but surprisingly I was able to talk to someone right away. She pulled up my account and said "oh I see what happened." She said the car was actually still in 'pre-production' and being scheduled to complete on 12/31 (for pickup at the NYE event...) and that a 'glitch' in the computer caused it not to be re-assigned to me. She said she was able to re-assign it to me and that I should still expect to pick it up at the event on 12/31 (and that she'd probably see me there.) The VIN now shows up again in my account, but I'm still skeptical it's going to happen. It just seemed way too easy to fix...

11/8 order, SR+, MSM, 19", black interior

Text last Monday asking me to pick a delivery date, I chose 12/30 at Costa Mesa. Text said car was scheduled to exit factory 12/27 and that I'd get the VIN 1-2 days before hand. As of 12/28 I still had no VIN, so I emailed The Costa Mesa delivery center and they said they had no updates for me though they said everything was still on track, but I was skeptical.

An hour later I had a VIN in my account so I figured maybe I'm back on track, but it seemed later than they promised by a couple days.

This morning I got a call from Tesla confirming my details and availability for delivery Sunday still. They said my car was just coming through the grapevine and that we were on track for 2pm still tomorrow. Huzzah! They did however seem confused about my dealer funding request from USAA, which I had already sent. But I sent it again to the guy on the phone and he acknowledged receipt and said that's all I'd need. For some reason I'm still worried there will be a hiccup with payment tomorrow, but maybe I'm paranoid.

Anyway, haven't been super thrilled with communication, or seeing people in these forums not get their cars as promised. It still seems like a lottery system no matter what the excuse is about configs etc...

BUT, I'll be picking up my car 7 weeks and two days after ordering, and I was only estimated 5-7 weeks for delivery, so it seems like they held up their end at least in my case. Had I not been on these forums I probably would have a better opinion of Tesla's delivery process since they met their promise to me. But I see all you good people who ordered before or around me still left with nothing, so I can't be blind to that. I just hope they do right by all you guys and do better the next time around...