Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well folks it's time for me to graduate this thread!

Ordered 11/11 SR+ Delivered 12/27 in Burbank! The delivery process was a bit rushed but nothing we weren't expecting. There were about 20 people at the center at the same time who all got their cars at the same time. I had a trade in, so they had me park then checked mileage and vin, then they had somebody drive the car off the lot.

Signed a few pages inside and verified our status on the app (never checked ID though which was odd). My wife wanted to do the orientation so we sat in that class for about 20 mins then they opened the door to the lot outside where all of the cars were waiting. They had plenty of people outside helping in case you had any questions or issues with the car. I had a couple small scratches and some fingerprints on the white interior and headliner. Got those noted in their system and we were on our way. Whole thing took about an hour!

View attachment 494050 View attachment 494051

Congrats. Glad things went well and pretty fast. Thanks for the photos BTW. It's interesting to see the Orientation class and the Supercharger there, that was kind of surprising. The classes weren't something they were doing when I got mine, just the online videos and pre-reading the manual. Plus of course YT videos and posts on here.

Don't have high hopes. I am in same boat 11/17 Order SR+ MSM. have VIN and MVPA.
Still we may get cancellation text/call until 12/31 morning.

Hope you have better luck than me. Also ordered my SR+ on 11/17, my 12/31 delivery (after multiple delays) that was scheduled yesterday just disappeared from my account. Gave them a call just now and they said 2nd or 3rd week of January most likely.

While I like the car and all, just not worth these kind of hassles and unnecessary stress. Gonna go test drive some good ol' hybrids today -- I am sure there are tons of end of year deals.

Hope you have better luck than me. Also ordered my SR+ on 11/17, my 12/31 delivery (after multiple delays) that was scheduled yesterday just disappeared from my account. Gave them a call just now and they said 2nd or 3rd week of January most likely.

While I like the car and all, just not worth these kind of hassles and unnecessary stress. Gonna go test drive some good ol' hybrids today -- I am sure there are tons of end of year deals.

I think with these many cancellations 12/31 event will be success ?

Got a text saying, "Your Tesla delivery is scheduled in the next 72 hours. Please respond YES if you are able to pick up on or before 12/31. If we do not receive a response by 12/29 3PM PST, your vehicle will be prioritized to an available customer. Thank you."

I replied yes. Twice.
Just receive text after replied YES yesterday
We've received your response, please click here for next step

The #10 in Delivery Appointment Confirmation is "Acknowledge amount due can only be paid via ACH, personal or cashier's check, or wire transfer"
upload_2019-12-29_10-55-57.png

Reactions: Ron Johnson
Don't have high hopes. I am in same boat 11/17 Order SR+ MSM. have VIN and MVPA.
Still we may get cancellation text/call until 12/31 morning.
I would feel pretty good about delivery since you have a VIN and MVPA. I ordered in 11/17 as well, had a delivery date, but never received a VIN. Yesterday a SA simply said, if I didn't' have a VIN yet, I wasn't getting a car.

• Helpful
Reactions: matador4
I’ve had a vin since the 27th. They just called me about 5 minutes ago saying the car probably won’t make it by EOY but they scheduled me for the afternoon of the 31st just in case. Carlsbad.

Good luck. Sounds like the car may be on a carrier heading that way. I've seen people in the last day or two report seeing a number of Tesla trailers headed southbound. Hang tight.

I would feel pretty good about delivery since you have a VIN and MVPA. I ordered in 11/17 as well, had a delivery date, but never received a VIN. Yesterday a SA simply said, if I didn't' have a VIN yet, I wasn't getting a car.

hopefully for folks that have a VIN/MVPA it's good news.
MVPA shows VIN and miles plus signature from Tesla so hopefully logistics delivers

Reactions: sacraM3nto
I fully expect to get that text stating that the car was delayed until late January any time now.. I think Tesla forgets that they have moved their product from people buying a Tesla as their third or fourth car to working people who are buying a Tesla as an only vehicle, or a family where it is the second car.

I ordered on 11/15 since my lease on my then current car ended on 12/26 so that I would have plenty of time. Needless to say, I am currently car less and worried on how I will get to work until Tesla decides to provide my car.

I could have easily extended the lease for a month if I would have known the 4-6 week estimate would turn into 8-12 weeks...

It is even more disappointing to see all of the people who ordered the exact same build after me White/Black/18 Aero no FSD get their cars while I sit here waiting and wondering.

What is the latest on your situation ?

What is the latest on your situation ?

All 5 people on the email chain(that the store manager suggested to be used for updates) ignored/did not bother to reply to my update request yesterday asking for guidance regarding home delivery/factory and timing.

I really think they are still dealing with multi-millionaires who are buying a Tesla on a lark and do not have to worry about how to get to work, or previous commitments(on holidays, etc) when they just say...."trust us, we will get it to you by the end of year"

I will send the exact same email, with the update about the ignored email in an hour(24 hours since the last one).

I do not have much hope for a positive solution....they are well past a common human courtesy solution.

All 5 people on the email chain(that the store manager suggested to be used for updates) ignored/did not bother to reply to my update request yesterday asking for guidance regarding home delivery/factory and timing.

I really think they are still dealing with multi-millionaires who are buying a Tesla on a lark and do not have to worry about how to get to work, or previous commitments(on holidays, etc) when they just say...."trust us, we will get it to you by the end of year"

I will send the exact same email, with the update about the ignored email in an hour(24 hours since the last one).

I do not have much hope for a positive solution....they are well past a common human courtesy solution.

I think they are swamped. I am also near Lawrence/Moorpark initially it was home delivery and now set to 12/31 0800 PM.

Why don't you drive to factory and see if they have any updates ?

I think they are swamped. I am also near Lawrence/Moorpark initially it was home delivery and now set to 12/31 0800 PM.

Why don't you drive to factory and see if they have any updates ?

Unfortunately being down to 1 car for the family means I am not able to just jump in the car and go for an hour plus long expedition. My wife needs the car to get to work today.

I can not believe that if the Store Manager of Santana Row(largest by volume) can not get information from Fremont, me popping in there would be any better. There is supposedly the head of Fremont delivery network on the email chain also.