Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone picking up their car in Fremont tomorrow, ask for this guy to do the delivery!

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 4.15.56 PM.png

I will definitely report back! Maybe update here with a few photos from the event, if it is worthy of sharing. I am keeping my expectations low but am very excited to finally get my car. It has been 62 days of anticipation......

That would be great! I understand the anticipation. Mine was more like 3 months and I was afraid the car I was driving in the meantime would need more repairs that I didn’t want to put in it before my Model 3 arrived.

Have a safe drive home everyone! Especially on NYE with people drinking.

I had a very strong suspicion early on when I saw the “Special” delivery event mentioned that Elon would show up. I’d love to be there. Missed him by a few hours at my DC last year. BTW that was at the Fremont DC across 580 from the factory. I wonder if he will pop by there to to say thanks to owners picking up there and to delivery staff working hard to process deliveries. Could see him doing that if he has the time.

Last edited:
That would be great! I understand the anticipation. Mine was more like 3 months and I was afraid the car I was driving in the meantime would need more repairs that I didn’t want to put in it before my Model 3 arrived.

Have a safe drive home everyone! Especially on NYE with people drinking.

I had a very strong suspicion early on when I saw the “Special” delivery event mentioned that Elon would show up. I’d love to be there. Missed him by a few hours at my DC last year. BTW that was at the Fremont DC across 580 from the factory. I wonder if he will pop by there to to say thanks to owners picking up there and to delivery staff working hard to process deliveries. Could see him doing that if he has the time.
Yeah I just saw that Elon tweeted he will be at the event, so that is kinda cool. The event appears to be at the "showroom/factory" location and not the delivery center, from my understanding. I have only been there once so not 100% sure. I am just going to the address stated in my text.

Yeah I just saw that Elon tweeted he will be at the event, so that is kinda cool. The event appears to be at the "showroom/factory" location and not the delivery center, from my understanding. I have only been there once so not 100% sure. I am just going to the address stated in my text.

It is at the Factory for sure, I drove there yesterday and they had already cleared up the parking lot and washing the Test drive vehicle area (may be we will see Model Y and Cyber truck )

Reactions: Cligadel
Totally changing my username to "Vin":null" :( So much for EOY delivery. Now it's looking like end of 2020 Q1, no joke. Could not be more bummed.

Sorry to hear. Orange County still has some inventory but only in the higher end trim models. But I wouldn't be surprised if some people end up cancelling at the last minute because they can't be available tomorrow to pick up their cars. If that happens it will free up inventory. Stay in touch with a salesperson at Tesla and let them know if you have any flexibility on colors or trim levels.

Reactions: SMAlset
My pickup date was set on 12/30/19 @ 4:30pm and got changed to 12/31/19 @ 4:30 pm at Buena Park Delivery Center. I tried to call them, and no one answer. I walked in today after work around 5ish to make sure the car will be delivered by 12/31/19, so I can ask time off to pick up the vehicle. The SA told me my car is loaded to the truck and is en route from Fremont to Buena Park. I ask when did the truck leave the factory, and what is the current location? I was told the truck left the factory at 6:30 p.m. last night (12/29/19), and the current location is in San Francisco. WHAT?! It has been a day and a night, no storm, in perfect weather conditions. I don't get it. I have a feeling, that the car will not arrive at Buena Park by tomorrow afternoon. what y'all think?

Reactions: matador4
My pickup date was set on 12/30/19 @ 4:30pm and got changed to 12/31/19 @ 4:30 pm at Buena Park Delivery Center. I tried to call them, and no one answer. I walked in today after work around 5ish to make sure the car will be delivered by 12/31/19, so I can ask time off to pick up the vehicle. The SA told me my car is loaded to the truck and is en route from Fremont to Buena Park. I ask when did the truck leave the factory, and what is the current location? I was told the truck left the factory at 6:30 p.m. last night (12/29/19), and the current location is in San Francisco. WHAT?! It has been a day and a night, no storm, in perfect weather conditions. I don't get it. I have a feeling, that the car will not arrive at Buena Park by tomorrow afternoon. what y'all think?

LA is South of the factory. San Francisco is to the North. Someone is giving you wrong information. or they have 1 or 2 cars to be delivered to SF DC.

Totally changing my username to "Vin":null" :( So much for EOY delivery. Now it's looking like end of 2020 Q1, no joke. Could not be more bummed.

well @blairrrr just posted that after giving up on getting a Model 3 this year they went and bought a Prius prime only to have Tesla call them 2 hours later that they apparently had a match and they could get it delivered tomorrow. Now buyers remorse. So hang in there you might still get lucky.

Heart broken situation

Do the SAs have the ability to track the delivery trucks in real time ?

I think you'll be fine picking up your car tomorrow. If it's out of the factory that means it's just transport time you're waiting on.