Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, so I finally got a VIN assigned.
I has to actually call a different Tesla store than my pick up location (Costa Mesa is my pickup location).
I ordered 11/18: W/B SR+ “18 aero no FSD
My scheduled delivery is this Thursday at Costa Mesa location. I’ve been given delivery appointments before that didn’t happen, but this is the first time I’ve received a VIN.
So try calling a different location??? Lol

Reactions: goletaspring
Hey guys, so I finally got a VIN assigned.
I has to actually call a different Tesla store than my pick up location (Costa Mesa is my pickup location).
I ordered 11/18: W/B SR+ “18 aero no FSD
My scheduled delivery is this Thursday at Costa Mesa location. I’ve been given delivery appointments before that didn’t happen, but this is the first time I’ve received a VIN.
So try calling a different location??? Lol
Wait what? You had no VIN assigned.. called a different location and just explained your order and they magically gave you a VIN?

Ordered 11/24 SR+ and got the dreaded call that it won’t happen in 2019. Found my MVPA on 01/01/2020 but still only have Vin in source. Car was built 12/31 and found out today it’s sitting off-site in LA and will be delivered this week. So seems like delivery will finally happen. Tesla rep called and confirmed I qualify for a post-delivery check to be cut of $1875 to cover for the loss of the tax credit.

has anyone
Ordered 11/24 SR+ and got the dreaded call that it won’t happen in 2019. Found my MVPA on 01/01/2020 but still only have Vin in source. Car was built 12/31 and found out today it’s sitting off-site in LA and will be delivered this week. So seems like delivery will finally happen. Tesla rep called and confirmed I qualify for a post-delivery check to be cut of $1875 to cover for the loss of the tax credit.

Which dealer did you talk to?
Is tesla tep that confirmed check from dealer or corporate?

has anyone

Which dealer did you talk to?
Is tesla tep that confirmed check from dealer or corporate?

I went to the Burbank store and spoke to my SA who said he didn’t know anything about the compensation but helped me find my car. Later in the day got a call from someone in corporate that said Tesla wants to do the right thing and that they’ll cut a check post delivery. He said his title was sales something but it was an IL no. He called from.

Reactions: E-V-D
you guys are hilarious. even my couch took more then 7 weeks to arrive.

That's great! Did they promise you it would only take 3 weeks to entice you to order? Did they then text you to say your couch will be here and ready for pickup tomorrow, and then follow up the text with a call to say "Nevermind, we have no idea when your couch will be ready."?

I got a call from a Sales Manager from Tesla yesterday. When I saw the 510 number on my phone, my heart was pounding, "Wow, is this THE phone call of delivery?." She offered me a test drive. What? Test drive? She had no idea about my order and the reason she called to me yesterday was a message I left on 12/28 regarding EOY delivery. She did not know about the compensation nor my ETA.

Waiting without any communication AGAIN.

Reactions: matador4
Most people don’t wait for cars to be built. Dealerships stock thousands of cars ready to be purchased the day you walk in to the showroom. There is just no reason to custom order most cars as they are generally plentiful and easy to find, unless they are some rare car in short supply.

Last December we were able to buy a Model 3 in the exact color and trim we wanted without having to wait. They had plenty in stock. Then in March when we bought our second car we placed an order and waited two weeks for delivery.

Fast forward to today, Tesla has zero new or used Model 3’s in stock and is quoting a 4-7 week lead time. This is all very new. Maybe it’s the new normal, maybe things will slow down again.

But while I’m used to waiting weeks or months for a custom couch to be delivered, I’ve never in my almost 40 years of car ownership had to custom order a car and wait around for weeks or months for it to be delivered.

So I can understand people’s impatience here.

Most people don’t wait for cars to be built. Dealerships stock thousands of cars ready to be purchased the day you walk in to the showroom. There is just no reason to custom order most cars as they are generally plentiful and easy to find, unless they are some rare car in short supply.

Last December we were able to buy a Model 3 in the exact color and trim we wanted without having to wait. They had plenty in stock. Then in March when we bought our second car we placed an order and waited two weeks for delivery.

Fast forward to today, Tesla has zero new or used Model 3’s in stock and is quoting a 4-7 week lead time. This is all very new. Maybe it’s the new normal, maybe things will slow down again.

But while I’m used to waiting weeks or months for a custom couch to be delivered, I’ve never in my almost 40 years of car ownership had to custom order a car and wait around for weeks or months for it to be delivered.

So I can understand people’s impatience here.

I've had 5 different BMWs over the last 10 years. And it took 2-3 months to order because they were built in Germany and shipped here. Thus far my Tesla ordering experience has been like walking around with a blindfold.

If you custom order a BMW these days they give you this level of granular tracking detail:

• Order Received
  • Schedule for production
  • Production begins
  • Exterior body assembly begins
  • In paint booth
  • Entering assembly line
  • Assembly in progress
  • Quality check
  • Final assembly
  • Ready for transport
  • Awaiting carrier assignment
  • Dispatched from factory
  • At the port
  • In transit
  • At the dealership
  • Vehicle Delivered.
Tesla has been like "Quick get your insurance now, your car will be here next week!" then following 2 weeks radio silence after forking them $56k of cash. Don't even know if it's actually been built.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
I've had 5 different BMWs over the last 10 years. And it took 2-3 months to order because they were built in Germany and shipped here. Thus far my Tesla ordering experience has been like walking around with a blindfold.

If you custom order a BMW these days they give you this level of granular tracking detail:

• Order Received
  • Schedule for production
  • Production begins
  • Exterior body assembly begins
  • In paint booth
  • Entering assembly line
  • Assembly in progress
  • Quality check
  • Final assembly
  • Ready for transport
  • Awaiting carrier assignment
  • Dispatched from factory
  • At the port
  • In transit
  • At the dealership
  • Vehicle Delivered.
Tesla has been like "Quick get your insurance now, your car will be here next week!" then following 2 weeks radio silence after forking them $56k of cash. Don't even know if it's actually been built.

Where I live we have four BMW dealers within a 15 minute drive, all sitting with a lot full of cars that nobody wants. Huge discounts for inventory vehicles so I can’t imagine why anyone would custom order one.

No doubt BMW is far more advanced in their order processing and communication with the customer. Tesla order processing is broken and dysfunctional.

But the technology you get once you take delivery of the Tesla blows away anything in the BMW. So I’d still take a crappy dysfunctional ordering system to get a state of the art car vs the other way around.

As a point of interest, BMW currently has 2,580 Series 3 cars for sale in the US. Tesla has zero Model 3’s available.

Where I live we have four BMW dealers within a 15 minute drive, all sitting with a lot full of cars that nobody wants. Huge discounts for inventory vehicles so I can’t imagine why anyone would custom order one.

No doubt BMW is far more advanced in their order processing and communication with the customer. Tesla order processing is broken and dysfunctional.

But the technology you get once you take delivery of the Tesla blows away anything in the BMW. So I’d still take a crappy dysfunctional ordering system to get a state of the art car vs the other way around.

As a point of interest, BMW currently has 2,580 Series 3 cars for sale in the US. Tesla has zero Model 3’s available.

Well, I've done Euro delivery so has to be ordered. And now I drive M cars so definitely going to order it how I want.

And yes, the tech is lightyears ahead, hence why I ordered one. While their product is stellar, their CRM and service sucks.

One more day of this crap and they may have one.

Mine

In 40 years of car buying experience I have never, that's NEVER had such a horrible car buying experience. That includes sitting in the dealership waiting for the boss in the corner office to come in with a deal that there is no way we should turn down.

We're looking to empty our wallets of $50,000 +. This is the best the Tesla can offer.

I was actually looking forward to buying my first US made car since our 1990 Chevy Blazer. Not sure that it's going to happen.

If this company can put rockets into space, and put cars on our roads that drive themselves, God forbid a Semi that drives itself. Why can't they streamline a better delivery and customer service experience.

If there is no way to deliver, don't say you can. If you think that you can, but don't quite make it. Take care of that customer.

Reactions: sacraM3nto