Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anybody help me with the federal tax incentives? I bought Tesla Model 3 Standard Range (35k), how come Model 3 standard range is not listed under IRS Federal Incentives Qualified Vehicles? All I see are following 4 trims:
Model 3 Standard Range Plus
Model 3 Long Range
Model 3 Long Range AWD and AWD Performance 2019
Model 3 Mid Range

Please help....

Because the Standard Range is not available to order online and is considered a fairly well kept secret, it’s likely the IRS just didn’t know to include it on the list. Don’t worry, it’s fine. Just take your tax deduction. Keep in mind the Standard Range can be upgraded to an SR+ at any time through a software update. They are really the same cars other than a software lock.

Reactions: bmt1012
New update for my early December order:

"We are probably looking at a delivery time frame to happen late January." -LV call center

"I would expect in the next 1-2 weeks." - Buena Park DC

I'll remain optimistic and not bother them until mid January.

-_-

I was told similar, there is a back log of orders and hopefully people will be getting their SR+ cars made and shipped, but it all depends on the 'factory" and when the cars are produced. crossing my fingers for a Jan delivery~ but at this point I'm not gonna keep my hopes up.

I feel for those that ordered way before me and still haven't gotten their cars yet~ and also I believe there is no compensation with regards to the Federal Tax credit that was lost.... thats what I was told by a sales associate. If anyone hears of anything else please keep us posted.

Reactions: jasonanthony
Because the Standard Range is not available to order online and is considered a fairly well kept secret, it’s likely the IRS just didn’t know to include it on the list. Don’t worry, it’s fine. Just take your tax deduction. Keep in mind the Standard Range can be upgraded to an SR+ at any time through a software update. They are really the same cars other than a software lock.

I agree. Doubt the IRS knows all the trims etc or if vins reveal that too.

About the lock, Funny thing is my display still says SR+

You are super helpful. Thank you

Reactions: vickh and OCR1
I was told similar, there is a back log of orders and hopefully people will be getting their SR+ cars made and shipped, but it all depends on the 'factory" and when the cars are produced. crossing my fingers for a Jan delivery~ but at this point I'm not gonna keep my hopes up.

I feel for those that ordered way before me and still haven't gotten their cars yet~ and also I believe there is no compensation with regards to the Federal Tax credit that was lost.... thats what I was told by a sales associate. If anyone hears of anything else please keep us posted.

November 18th order date, being told the same thing. W/B SR+ 18” aero
Also told that if we don’t take delivery by mid January we will have to wait till March...
so much for 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: Krytron
Just got a call from the manager at the Tesla store near me (San Diego). When I take delivery on my SR+ they will issue me a check for $1875 since they could not deliver by the end of the year. They also mentioned that we should expect to have our car this month but they don't have exact dates.

This is for a white/black SR+ ordered on 12/1 with no VIN yet.

SA does not know anything about ETA until VIN is assigned by the "SYSTEM."

Unless you already have the VIN and MVPA OR luckily somebody before your order cancel his delivery, SR+ orders in California shall not expect delivery before the end of March. Tesla has done this and will do it again. Furthermore, with the credit of $1875 for missed EOY delivery orders, they have some kind of justification and may delay SR+ orders as long as they want without concerning complaints from angry customers.

Worst case is, if LR and Performance orders are strong at the end of March, Tesla will cancel SR+ production and build lots of pricey trims. Many SR+ orders shall be delayed beyond March and next window shall be the end of June.

It is possible small amount of CA SR+ orders delivered in Jan or Feb, but majority of deliveries shall not happen until March. So, don't listen to SA and expect nothing until you get the VIN and MVPA.

What about people who want to cancel order and get back $100 deposit? I was told that I would get it back, but not to cancel my order yet - they needed to figure out how to handle it first from corporate. The reason is I had to place two orders and I picked up the LR AWD. I had a SR+ order open at the time but couldn’t reach anyone to take existing order and modify it to the LR AWD in existing inventory. So I got one car but still have an SR order from 11/16 that still has no VIN (lol) but the store manager I talked to said not to touch it right now, I’ll get my $100 back but they need to figure out the process. I haven’t gotten any responses for the manager via email or my SA via text on how this is going. >< I just wanna get it done and off my checklist! Tesla has been such a pain...

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt
I'm still waiting too. had scheduled delivery on 12/30 and then was called to say my car was not even made yet. no vin match as of yet as well. still no word with regards to the loss of the federal tax credit too.

SR+ white / black interior / 19 / no FSD.

I know most you received your car so looks like this thread has died down a bit but I on the hand still haven’t lol. So, here’s my details:
Ordered 11/24
Had scheduled delivery on the 29th then the 31st , both appointments were canceled. Now just waiting with no confirmed date.
Location Santa Barbara
SR+ white / 18” / No FSD
Exact same except I never got the 2nd appointment and I ordered mine on 11/29

Just got a call from the manager at the Tesla store near me (San Diego). When I take delivery on my SR+ they will issue me a check for $1875 since they could not deliver by the end of the year. They also mentioned that we should expect to have our car this month but they don't have exact dates.

This is for a white/black SR+ ordered on 12/1 with no VIN yet.

wow. Tesla is coming thru! I would prefer a $ refund over having to wait till tax time..

I'm still waiting too. had scheduled delivery on 12/30 and then was called to say my car was not even made yet. no vin match as of yet as well. still no word with regards to the loss of the federal tax credit too.

SR+ white / black interior / 19 / no FSD.

Still waiting on this exact build. Ordered 12/5. All this wait time has led me to do too much reading on these forums. Now I want to change my order to a Stealth.

Ordered SR+ white/black 18" no FSD on Nov 15th. Still no VIN. From Vancouver Canada.

My sales advisor said anytime from Jan-March lol???

My original estimate time was 4-6 weeks. So much for that.

Same Sr+ white/black interior/18”/no fsd

when I I talked to Fremont Tesla deliver center end of last week they mentioned they should build these configurations jan 6 to 8 at Fremont factory. Again not sure if true but that is what they told me.

I really hope this is true!

Since I was still waiting for my 11/16 SR order, I matched to an SR+ that they had in inventory that had the exact same config (lol).

Do you think they will be able to downgrade it to SR? My SA said maybe.

I asked my SA for either downgrade or give me a 1875 rebate. If they cant do either, I would seriously feel bait and switched into paying 4.5k more and losing on $1,875.

Ordered SR+ white/black 18" no FSD on Nov 15th. Still no VIN. From Vancouver Canada.

My sales advisor said anytime from Jan-March lol???

My original estimate time was 4-6 weeks. So much for that.

I really hope this is true!
I’m in the same boat as you. Same config but ordered on dec 16. So quite as long as a wait as you. But still wanting to get my car sooner rather than later.

Still waiting on this exact build. Ordered 12/5. All this wait time has led me to do too much reading on these forums. Now I want to change my order to a Stealth.

That would be a nice upgrade but at the moment Tesla has not indicated any intent to build more Stealths. When they do we don’t usually find out until the last minute so you can’t really count on getting one unless you happen to hear that they are building them again.