Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted a picture of my insurance and it had a checkmark about a couple days later.

I submitted an image of my current car insurance card on Feb 9th and while the image shows up in the box, there's no check box anywhere. Should I be seeing a check box of some kind?

When I look under Completed Tasks, the last thing it shows is Driver's License. Under Next Steps is says: "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Earlier today I picked up my SR+ 69 days after I placed my order... The process was very smooth... I would say it would have been less than 30 minutes if it wasn't for a small issue I found with the front bumper being misaligned a bit... They took it to service and fixed it in about 15 minutes... The car is definitely worth the wait... The regen brakes took a little getting used to but I've driven the car around 30 miles and I am already used to it... Another thing was I kept looking for the speedometer lights when I was driving at night and had to get used to looking at the monitor :) The acceleration and the technology on the car is amazing... I spent most of the night checking out all the different menu screens and customizing my profile...

Thank you to everyone I've been comisserating with on this thread in the last month or so... It made the wait more bearable... I hope you all get your Model 3s very soon! Good luck to you all!!!

Earlier today I picked up my SR+ 69 days after I placed my order... The process was very smooth... I would say it would have been less than 30 minutes if it wasn't for a small issue I found with the front bumper being misaligned a bit... They took it to service and fixed it in about 15 minutes... The car is definitely worth the wait... The regen brakes took a little getting used to but I've driven the car around 30 miles and I am already used to it... Another thing was I kept looking for the speedometer lights when I was driving at night and had to get used to looking at the monitor :) The acceleration and the technology on the car is amazing... I spent most of the night checking out all the different menu screens and customizing my profile...

Thank you to everyone I've been comisserating with on this thread in the last month or so... It made the wait more bearable... I hope you all get your Model 3s very soon! Good luck to you all!!!

Just curious but the did they attach the front plate to your car?

Picked up mine yesterday. Was nearing the 7 week mark on my wait and was checking my account several times a day for a VIN (like I did practically hourly every day of the previous 7 weeks). I wasn't expecting anything until March, frankly, but then 2 nights ago (about 45 minutes after my previous check), the account page suddenly looked "different". It said something about "make final payment" or something. Scrolled down and there was a new button at the bottom (below the lemon law button) that said MVPA (moving vehicle purchase agreement).

Clicked it and voila - suddenly I had a VIN!

Car was going to be delivered to Burbank for pickup next week. I checked with my SA (who was great) and was told the car was currently in Marina Del Rey and would be moved in the next couple days to Burbank. I said, "Screw that, I'll pick it up in the Marina." Made an appointment for the next day (yesterday) and took the car. Had a couple spots that needed fixing before I left the Marina delivery center (a paint touch up for a tiny scratch near the headlight that now looks perfect) and the metal panel near one of the rear reflectors was jutting out slightly and was VERY sharp. They replaced the reflector to flatten the area out. It all took about 20 minutes or so to fix. Otherwise, everything seemed good on the car and I gave it a very meticulous check for any blemishes or other issues. All good.

The delivery center was fairly quiet with just a few cars awaiting pickup (I saw mostly white 3's (like 5 or so), a couple black 3's, an X, and I don't remember what else, but the lot was fairly quiet and maybe 3/4 empty). I asked the delivery advisor who talked me through any last questions before I left, and he confirmed that it's pretty quiet now, but will get super busy in the coming weeks (especially throughout March) when the lot will be packed.

Driving the car is a bit of an adjustment. It's heavier. Deceptively large car. Previously I'd held off on the Model S both because I didn't want to pay 100K and because the car is SO huge it wasn't going to fit well in my garage (and I've had SUVs that fit fine). So I was stoked for a smaller model 3 to come out. Meanwhile, I've been driving electric the last 6 years (2014 Volt, then 2017 Volt - and they were both fantastic), so I'm used to instant, nimble torque, but I also love coasting/hyper-miling in my car, so there's an adjustment for me in terms of the very tight regen braking of the Tesla. You can set the car to a lighter regen but it's still much tighter than what I'm used to. I wish the side mirrors were a little bigger. But that's not a huge thing, of course.

The tech of the car is really impressive. The ride is very smooth. And the acceleration is powerful! It will take some getting used to to not have any dashboard stuff right in front of you. In some ways, finding my way around the touchscreen was easier than I expected and actually felt fairly intuitive. But having to constantly be looking to your lower right is a physical adjustment. Of course, I spent an hour+ sitting in traffic, so I had time to mess with it.

The 7 week wait was no fun (and I really feel for those of you who have or had much longer waits... while being puzzled by some who had to wait only a few days or a week or two... it's all mysterious alchemy). Anyway, once the car finally got here, the actual pickup/delivery experience was pretty smooth and pleasant. I was glad to have some very good SAs working with me.

I'm very happy with the car, so far, and looking forward to getting further acquainted 'til it becomes very second nature. So far, so good.

Good luck to everyone waiting. It's surprising how once the VIN comes in, things suddenly start to move much faster in the process.

I submitted an image of my current car insurance card on Feb 9th and while the image shows up in the box, there's no check box anywhere. Should I be seeing a check box of some kind?

When I look under Completed Tasks, the last thing it shows is Driver's License. Under Next Steps is says: "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Mine did the same, no check box. So I clicked change upload (or something like that). When I did a few new fields appeared for my insurance company, policy number, and expiration date. I filled those in, and re-uploaded my file, and presto I had a check box immediately.

Yeah. That's what it says for me as well. As for the check box it would replace the + sign next to Insurance. Seems to vary where ever you're from. In the States I know some places need it but not here, it seems.