Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the schedule delivery text this morning but they apparently don't have any appointments haha

Going to try calling them and see what the deal with that is.

Ha! Best Wishes to you.. Hopefully you will have your Model 3 before the weekend!

I received a text earlier today.. gist of which is - My Model 3 is expected to complete production in the next few days. It will be dropped off at my delivery address. I do not need to be present for delivery!

What ?? I am supposed to pick it up from Fremont delivery center originally - May be they are changing it now to home delivery, idk .. very cryptic messages from Tesla!

Ha! Best Wishes to you.. Hopefully you will have your Model 3 before the weekend!

I received a text earlier today.. gist of which is - My Model 3 is expected to complete production in the next few days. It will be dropped off at my delivery address. I do not need to be present for delivery!

What ?? I am supposed to pick it up from Fremont delivery center originally - May be they are changing it now to home delivery, idk .. very cryptic messages from Tesla!

Thanks! Called them earlier today and got it scheduled for pick up on Monday! Super excited!
The 3-5 week estimate was pretty accurate, exactly 3 weeks from order date haha

Might be worth giving them a call and seeing if you can go pick it up instead, best of luck!

Reactions: Roald44
Pick up mine today... I notice a lot of glue residue outside and even some inside but thankfully no gap issues and the paint seems to be ok. The service and delivery guys were very accommodating and they clean quickly all residue and correct all the other minor issues that I have noticed.
Good luck to everyone here, it was great to wait with all of you

The 44 day wait is over. I picked up my M3 this morning at the Fremont delivery center. The whole process took about 45 minutes, including going over the car looking for any paint or build quality issues and making sure everything worked.

Congrats! You and I ordered the same car and we are both in the bay area, so I have been tracking your progress to see how it aligns with mine. You ordered about 2 weeks earlier than I did, so hoping I'm within 2 weeks of delivery. I could definitely use a distraction from the rest of life right now... :)

Congrats! You and I ordered the same car and we are both in the bay area, so I have been tracking your progress to see how it aligns with mine. You ordered about 2 weeks earlier than I did, so hoping I'm within 2 weeks of delivery. I could definitely use a distraction from the rest of life right now... :)

Thanks! The expected delivery time when I ordered was 6-8 weeks, and that turned out to be pretty much spot on.

This is an amazingly fun car to drive.

This week I received a text similar to Pchandru's about the vehicle being dropped off at my delivery address and not needing to be present. I just completed the last steps and have a delivery appointment at 12:01 AM. Will they really deliver a car at midnight?

Ordered SR+ on 28 Feb, received VIN on 5 Mar, tesla-info.com indicates a departure on or around 2 Mar, delivery scheduled for 18 Mar.
14-50 delivery scheduled for 10 Mar.
Attending Pre-Delivery Ownership Workshop on 9 Mar.

I plan to run a 240 volt line to the garage today.

After some drywall mud and a face plate, I'll be ready for my 18 March delivery!

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_5432.JPG
    IMG_5432.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 79
This week I received a text similar to Pchandru's about the vehicle being dropped off at my delivery address and not needing to be present. I just completed the last steps and have a delivery appointment at 12:01 AM. Will they really deliver a car at midnight?

I received an email about direct-delivery just now. Appointment is set for March 15th 12:01AM! The email said, I need to confirm if I can have access to the vehicle with in 12 hour window after delivery. I do not have a contract for electronic signature yet though!

Yes they might.

Our’s were delivered by guys who work at the factory building the cars. I can’t remember the exact time, but it was late. The guy just finished his shift and they asked him to deliver my wife’s to our home on his way home (lived in town 10 miles south of where we are).

He didn’t know much about the car but that was ok. My wife took over my SR+ until hers arrived and had a good knowledge of most things already.