Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice man, let's see some pics! What was the car inspection like?

Well, when we got there we signed paperwork firstly. While we were waiting for the insurance folks to be free I did my own thorough inspection and checked where ever my eyes could see. Thankfully I couldn't really see any defects besides a bit of white paint on the top of one of the headlights, but it's fairly minor.

IMG-20200314-WA0014~2.jpg
IMG-20200314-WA0009~2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, when we got there we signed paperwork firstly. While we were waiting for the insurance folks to be free I did my own thorough inspection and checked where ever my eyes could see. Thankfully I couldn't really see any defects besides a bit of white paint on the top of one of the headlights, but it's fairly minor.

View attachment 522009 View attachment 522010

What State are you in?

Pics look great man, congrats again!

• Love
Reactions: Roald44
Sooo... I see my VIN in the Source Code but not on my Manage Account page. Anyone know how quickly it translates over/I get a call from an SA? Super exciteddddd!
Not sure about Vancouver, but I first saw my VIN in the Source yesterday (Sunday) and then received my delivery text today. So, it was quick! I had the option to pick up my M3 as soon as Wednesday. That means only 3-4 days from VIN to pickup! I'm in Southern California, though, so it could be a different schedule. Good luck!

Reactions: Blue2020
Got delivery of my SR+ today at 6pm. Originally delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but as soon as I heard about the shelter in place in Alameda county, I called the delivery centre. They said I can get the car today but an employee will have to drive it to me. Didn't matter because I had a feeling if I dont do it today, it may not happen till April and I couldn't want that long.
Employee showed up with the car. It had 38 miles on the odometer. Employee didn't know much about the car but I knew a fair amount so didn't really bother asking question.
What a car! Love the paint. I found very minor flaws regarding gaps in a few panels which can be fixed in a few weeks. Delivery took 10 minutes, mostly spent signing paperwork.
Hope you guys get your cars soon.

Attachments

• 20200316_162855.jpg
    20200316_162855.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200316_162844.jpg
    20200316_162844.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200316_162906.jpg
    20200316_162906.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 46
Ordered my M3 on 3/7 in-store, then made modifications to my order on 3/14 with my sales rep.

-SR+
-Silver grey metallic
-19" sport wheels
-Black Interior

Per the process on Tesla.com, now waiting for VIN and for them to send final contract.

Eagerly awaiting delivery date estimate - will update in the spreadsheet.

Anyone in Southern California have delivery date vs. order date estimates at the Marina Del Rey delivery center?

Just got this text from Tesla:

Tesla Delivery Update: In an effort to ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we will be transitioning all deliveries to an express pick up platform. When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, a team member will sign documents with you and show you to your vehicle. Orientations will not be provided, however, we will invite you to come back to our location for a more in-depth orientation in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

So like others who have recently picked up there cars, they are doing so with minimal contact.

No VIN yet, though

• Informative
Reactions: 12ed5ive
Got delivery of my SR+ today at 6pm. Originally delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but as soon as I heard about the shelter in place in Alameda county, I called the delivery centre. They said I can get the car today but an employee will have to drive it to me. Didn't matter because I had a feeling if I dont do it today, it may not happen till April and I couldn't want that long.
Employee showed up with the car. It had 38 miles on the odometer. Employee didn't know much about the car but I knew a fair amount so didn't really bother asking question.
What a car! Love the paint. I found very minor flaws regarding gaps in a few panels which can be fixed in a few weeks. Delivery took 10 minutes, mostly spent signing paperwork.
Hope you guys get your cars soon.
Thanks for the update - enjoy it! I'm curious when your config/order date was?

Just got this text from Tesla:

Tesla Delivery Update: In an effort to ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we will be transitioning all deliveries to an express pick up platform. When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, a team member will sign documents with you and show you to your vehicle. Orientations will not be provided, however, we will invite you to come back to our location for a more in-depth orientation in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

So like others who have recently picked up there cars, they are doing so with minimal contact.

No VIN yet, though
Interesting - are you in the Bay Area? Fingers crossed for you receiving your VIN soon. Looking in the spreadsheet, some lucky owners in my area (LA) got delivery less than a week after configuration/order date!

Looking in the spreadsheet, some lucky owners in my area (LA) got delivery less than a week after configuration/order date!

Most of those people ordered white Model 3 cars. Just a mix between white or black interior, but they're mostly all white cars.

I've seen a single red, blue, or gray delivery pop-up here & there, but those were orders from January. I've yet to see anyone who ordered in Feb receive any other color than white or black right now.

• Informative
Reactions: 12ed5ive