Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I could just edit my previous posts instead of adding new ones, but the news with the Fremont factory is constantly changing.

As of today (3/18), Tesla is supposedly still keeping it's factory doors open, possibly against the Alameda County Sheriff's order, and witnesses say people are going in today to work. My hopes are back up again for a possible March delivery. Lol.

https://electrek.co/2020/03/18/tesla-fremont-factory-operating-despite-sheriffs-order/
My SP matched an inventory car for me yesterday and delivery is scheduled on 3/24

If anyone have any info about how Tesla plan to deliver vehicles in CA now...
I'm interested to know as well - I reached out to my SA this morning to ask about how delivery will be affected for those who have ordered already in the LA area by everything going on. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear back from him.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Delivery in Cleveland postponed until 21 Mar because delivery truck broke down. Also, hearing to day that some Motor Vehicle offices will be closed. Hope they can still register the vehicle!

Truck must have been fixed quickly! I took delivery yesterday. The wait is very much worthwhile; I feel for those of you impacted by the shutdown. Hang in there!

If you are near Cleveland, they had a bunch of White Model 3's on the lot and many of them appear in the Cleveland inventory.

Joe

Well it didn't arrive at 2PM as the Tesla app stated. I called them and they said it would arrive between now and 6PM. I am guessing that 2PM was originally specified based on being smack dab in the middle of the 10 - 6 window.

Then I got this email:

Good afternoon XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
Great news! We are expecting your Tesla to be delivered directly to your delivery address today!

Please note that we will deliver your Tesla as soon as it has completed all required pre-delivery preparations, and we will not require you to be present for drop-off, however we will need confirmation you will be able to access your vehicle within 12-hours after it has been delivered.

We are excited to make your delivery experience as seamless as possible, and our 24-hour delivery operation will deliver your Tesla directly to your delivery address within hours of your vehicle's readiness.

If you will not be able to access your vehicle within 12-hours after your Tesla is delivered, please let us know and the car attached to your account will be released. Please note that if you are unable to take delivery of this vehicle, it may be up to several weeks before a new Tesla will be available for you, as we will re-assign your Tesla and put you back in the queue for delivery.

Screensho.jpg

I called the the delivery center where I will eventually take delivery at, this morning (3/20) just after 10am to speak to somebody in sales. I asked if they could check their inventory for any cars matching the specs I ordered. The guy was nice and told me what was available - the same cars that I could already look up and see on the New Inventory list on Tesla's website.

He then asked for my order number and put me on hold while he looked into. About a minute later, he came back saying it looks like my car is scheduled to be built this weekend before the factory shutdown, and that I should see a VIN in about 48 hours or by early next week. I'm not holding my breath for that, but I'm staying hopeful to see that happen. If I don't see a VIN by next Tuesday, then I'll continue to search local inventory for a Model 3 spec that I'm willing to buy, so I can buy it before the end of the month.

I don't need to get Model 3 right now since I'm working from home for the next month and I'm rarely driving around, but I just want it since I have an appt on 3/30 to get done PPF, ceramic coating, tint, chrome delete, and some additional interior work done, since the place I'm taking to is popular and very busy and I don't want to have my appt pushed back 3-4 weeks :p.

• Informative